British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Yeh, but it wouldnt have come cheap, Ask Mort and Dave Gordon...

True but take it from me raising the of funds to pay for such a facility is 'almost' the easy bit, in many areas just creating a 'track in a field in the middle of nowhere's ville' set up is impossible.  Morton & Gordon (forgot his name before) did so flippin' well, only the very last part under their stewardship, the opening meet & leading up to it, went a bit pear-shaped....

16 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

If Ford had his way the league would  end up with  Poole A,Poole B,Poole C,Poole D,Poole E,Poole F,Poole G,Poole H and Poole J....

He must be the most diss loyal promoter in speedway.Win at any cost.Sign as many agents as he can.The rules are there to be (broken) manipulated..In his book.

The worst bit is 90% of their fans don't want to,can't see it,or don't care.

at least we would guarantee winning the league.

If you were to meet Matt, you would have a different opinion of him, he cares about his club, his supporters and his sponsors, I for one wouldn't want anyone else running the club

2 hours ago, MattK said:

Is it though?

Why are Zagar, Woffinden and P Pawlicki a 9, but Kildemand returns on his old average?

Why are the riders above re-assessed but other non-GP riders, who just happened to have sign for Poole, not re-assessed?

I agree it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but without any transparency from the BSPA about how rules are applied, I can understand how some fans think it looks like favouritism.

Smoke and mirrors from certain promotions sorry to say. No 9 point gp rider rule never existed by the look of it. Gordon Pairman confirmed this a few days ago.

On 25/03/2018 at 4:34 PM, hyabb17 said:

I believe that his visa has run out, he can ride in Poland without one but if he leaves the UK will not allowed back in, he would have to fly home to Australia & apply for a brand new visa. Doesn’t leave the UK he can apply whilst still in the country. It’s an oversight from him not to have this sorted. 

If he isn't allowed to leave the UK then why was he in the pits with his brother at the pairs meet in in Torun, although he was keeping out of the way well wrapped up with her and dark glasses.

Also if he didn't have his visa surely he would not have Ben able to get his UK racing licence so would not have been able to take part in press and practice 

1 hour ago, Arthur Fry said:

at least we would guarantee winning the league.

This is completely the problem and why many speedway supporters dislike Poole.  

The attitude that as long as Poole win, hammering the sport as a whole into the ground is an acceptable cost.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, OldRacer said:

This is completely the problem and why many speedway supporters dislike Poole. 

The attitude that as long as Poole win, hammering the sport as a whole into the ground is an acceptable cost.

It has been said time and time again, if all the other promoters were as forward thinking as Matt, British speedway wouldn't find itself in the state it is now

35 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Smoke and mirrors from certain promotions sorry to say. No 9 point gp rider rule never existed by the look of it. Gordon Pairman confirmed this a few days ago.

Depends who you believe. I see no reason why any promoter would lie. Why did Zagar and Woffy say that were coming back but said that 9 point reassessed average meant they couldn't. Riders lying as well I suppose. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Unfortunately, we only have other promoters and at least one rider's word against My Pairman's. There is also symantics at play here, there may not be a "GP Rider Rule" but that doesn't mean riders haven't been re-assessed.

As I said, it is the lack of transparency which annoys me more than anything. It just seems to often go in Poole's favour.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MattK said:

Unfortunately, we only have other promoters and at least one rider's word against My Pairman's. There is also symantics at play here, there may not be a "GP Rider Rule" but that doesn't mean riders haven't been re-assessed.

As I said, it is the lack of transparency which annoys me more than anything. It just seems to often go in Poole's favour.

You can be sure if a ruling went in favour of another team Shov and Co would be all over it and moaning all season long. However when it's Poole it's no problem. 

I abhor the lack of transparency from our governing body and it's yet another season of 'it's a rule,  it's not a rule,  it might be a rule,  we might use it as a rule if someone asks'.

Couldn't care less what team it is, it's ruining the sport. And  NO it's not anti Poole. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nickA said:

If he isn't allowed to leave the UK then why was he in the pits with his brother at the pairs meet in in Torun, although he was keeping out of the way well wrapped up with her and dark glasses.

Also if he didn't have his visa surely he would not have Ben able to get his UK racing licence so would not have been able to take part in press and practice 

You can read the article on sport fakty zuzel, only confirming what was said on there. 

I don’t think you need a UK racing liecence for P&P as it’s only practice, I believe a few Danes were at Poole’s practicing. Again, I could be wrong so if so hold my hands up. 

Edited by hyabb17

29 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Didn't Matt Ford say he was thinking of using Piotr Pawlicki until he found out he would be re-assessed.

If was an 'apparent done deal' until  he was stopped with a new 9 point average. Seems to have been the worst kept winter secret.

Oops. ... can't be right as Shovlar don't believe if was ever a rule. :P

The theory put forward was that that CVS and Ford put out the rumour when in actual fact it was lack of funds. Wolves plight is well known and with the unaffordabilty of the team suits it seems money is also short at Poole. 

I know we can have some strong banter but I don’t want to see Poole fold. Signs aren’t good. I’m going to make the effort to visit in a couple of weeks as the opportunity to do this is slipping away. 

• Haha 1