British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

4 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Mate, i wouldnt get involved. If you say its black the poole bashers will say its white. You are right, a hell of a lot has happened sinse he's been world champ.

Not for for the better unfortunately. Over the last few years chris has not help himself lets be honest about it 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ray c said:

Not for for the better unfortunately. Over the last few years chris has not help himself lets be honest about it 

Yeh he's had his moments mate,  but Chris has tried to get back on track, and he will. distractions are not good on the mind, thats why he's better off having this short break to sort things out,  there is no point in riding a speedway bike half cock, the sport is dangerous enough as it is. When he's sorted  he can crack on for Poole. He still has a lot to offer Poole speedway  speedway in general, and helping jack. Lets face it appart from his personal problems, the Coventry crash could have easily finished his career, no question, and with poor Darcys accident i would not have been suprised had he not retired on the spot. Those two alone would have been enough to send a sane man over the top.

Edited by Starman2006

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

When you say 'quiet' you mean 'boring' right? :D

Blimey, theres a blast from the past, where you been? Hope you've been ok ?

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Ha ha ha

why on earth would I leave delightful Australia to visit that dump?! Its older than you ffs!!

give me a dig dont make me laugh, your a sad bitter old man who id snap in half. 

When I am home for xmas if you have that much of a problem ill post my address and you can come and “give me a dig”. Before youve given me a dig tho, youll be led si concsious on the floor with you false teeth scattered everywhere. 

Knobend

Hmmm. You’re one classy character.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, June01 said:

Regarding Chris Holder, he was given a 9 month ban for withdrawing from a meeting which took place on 13.07.17. As far as I can see his ban is still in place, which probably affects his visa.

ended in january had it reduced

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm sure I read on this thread somewhere that Frederick Jakobsen has become a Poole asset.....not according to the Belle Vue programme last night which says the Aces invited him over to have a look at him.

Always worth taking a look at a future opposition rider to see what you are going to be up against next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayleigh said:

Thanks Steve, although surely the 9 months must be nearly up, or is a work permit issue now?

I am only speculating but he isn’t riding in todays pairs meeting in Poland, so why not? He has issues, granted, but seemed happy enough at p&p on Wednesday. Pretty sure it’s not a state of mind issue, so other than a visa issue, which was mentioned recently, I can’t see what else it could be.

He rode for Kings Lynn last season before being sacked. He stayed in the UK. The visa would have been granted for working for Kings Lynn, so once his job was terminated did he have the right to remain in the UK? I don’t know just asking.

This might have caused an issue when applying for a fresh visa. Hence the delay in not leaving the UK, for fear of not being able to get back in if he went to Poland.

Or, in a worst case scenario, he might be in a position where he would have to return to Australia and apply for a fresh working visa to ride for Poole, a new employer. In which case he would be out of action for possibly months.

I am speculating, nothing more. I don’t know what’s going on but the way the club are saying the issue will be rsovd in a couple of weeks leads me to believe this all stems back to last seasons sacking which has had a bad knock on effect for Chris Holder and his new club. Nigel Leahy at Poole is an expert on getting riders visas sorted out. If he can’t do it, Kildemand might well be a long term replacement if he wants the job. If not, Woffinden is waiting in the wings.

11 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Blimey, theres a blast from the past, where you been? Hope you've been ok ?

Yeah not bad thanks Starman. Just stopped coming on here when the team was announced as what else is there to say? But now the season is just about under way thought i'd have a peek!