British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Why mate ?. Matt tries his heart out for the club, eh the race suits/ Bibs is a cost cutting measure that all clubs will have to make, except matt has been upfront and acknowledged the fact.. As for the 10k, Matt would never had stumped it up could he not afford to pay it, As for the meeting, the track was very RACEABLE, not rideable, untill late after noon when steady rain that was expected materialised, Up to that point, Glyn had put NO water on the track, it didnt need it, and would have rode very well and the rain  that was expected turned up. Matt predictably was not to pleased, its not his fault, the forcast was for light rain and the meeting could have gone ahead, but the forcast was dire and the rain contary to the forcast got heavier,  and the right decision was made so people didnt come in and pay then all concerned had the hassle of refunds.

The track was raceable but not rideable... how is that possible? Genius. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Najjer said:

The track was raceable but not rideable... how is that possible? Genius. 

Because some of you dont know the difference. Rideable means you can just ride it causiously, raceable means you can race on it. thats your bedtime lesson. night night...

1 minute ago, Najjer said:

How can you race on it if you can't ride on it? :lol:

Dearry me, you are a bit duhh. There is a difference but clearly you dont know that..  stick to reading winnie the pooh.

24 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Dearry me, you are a bit duhh. There is a difference but clearly you dont know that..  stick to reading winnie the pooh.

I've heard of it being rideable but not raceable.... but never raceable but not rideable. Surely if you're racing on it, you are riding on it?? 

Edited by Najjer

28 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I've heard of it being rideable but not raceable.... but never raceable but not rideable. Surely if you're racing on it, you are riding on it?? 

Clearly your confusing your self. If its RIDABLE then you just ride the track, if its RACEABLE that means you can race on it. Theres a difference ask Garry may. He'l put you straight.. But make sure you write this down as ive written it, otherwise he might not understand you.

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Clearly your confusing your self. If its RIDABLE then you just ride the track, if its RACEABLE that means you can race on it. Theres a difference ask Garry may. He'l put you straight.. But make sure you write this down as ive written it, otherwise he might not understand you.

So if they can race on the track.... are they not riding on it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Starry, you wrote it the other way round in your original post.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BWitcher said:

You're right! 

That's the only problem.

Not the dwindling crowds year on year. Of course, we were always told, other clubs need to promote like good ol Matt does at Poole, why he gets packed crowds every week... except, as predicted by many, he no longer does. Now Poole can't even afford racesuits.

None so blind as those who do not wish to see unfortunately. 'Nothing to see here' because eyes are closed and fingers are in ears while singing 'la la la la la'.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Pinny said:

What and saddle the likes of Smolinski and Jepsen Jensen with 9.00 figures?! Because thats fair isnt it. 

Should be absolutely no such ruling. Any Gp rider with an old average should be allowed to return on that figure and any newcomer, ie Vaculik, should be given a fair assessed figure. 

The likes of Tai and Zagar should of been allowed back in on their old figures. Its absolutely pathetic how they aren’t. 

No No No!! The crux of this for me is allowing any riders back on old averages.  Using Woryna purely as an example - he has an old average from a few years and has since improved significantly as a rider yet is allowed to keep his old average giving any team that signs him (Poole in his case) a 3+ average advantage before a wheel has even turned.  That is wrong but the rules allow it!

• Like 4

Weeks ago somebody suggested that any rider who misses at least a season over here should be reassessed, their new figure calculated from their averages in other leagues using a pre determined formula. Seems the most sensible and fairest option to me.

• Like 5

I used the phrase “in most instances” because BSPA Management Committee have the final say on averages for individual rider averages - think Andreas Jonsson when he returned to Lakeside on a lower average as his historic CMA was thought to be too high.

I am not aware where the suggestion that there was a “9 point rule” came from and have never seen anything in writing saying it had been agreed.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, poolebolton said:

I guess not!! He is out tonight with Jack getting smashed on a Bottle of JD! And a big bottle at that!!  

Also Visa 

And do you know that for sure ? If you dont you really shouldnt make accusations like that mate.

14 minutes ago, Gordon Pairman said:

I used the phrase “in most instances” because BSPA Management Committee have the final say on averages for individual rider averages - think Andreas Jonsson when he returned to Lakeside on a lower average as his historic CMA was thought to be too high.

I am not aware where the suggestion that there was a “9 point rule” came from and have never seen anything in writing saying it had been agreed.

Gordon when the rule was announced wouldn't it of been easier to do a list of everybody who might ride in the uk and show the public beforehand what there figure would be.How hard is that go to the list check ie) an example Lebedev rode for Kings Lynn what would he come in on? rules should be in black and white  gospel no loopholes but they are not.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Starry, you wrote it the other way round in your original post.  

Its as it should be in this last post, Sadly poor Najjer doesnt understand the difference mate, because there is one. If the track is just rideable they just ride it, causiously, if you can race on it, then they can go flat out. Problem is mate, there are quite a few who get themselves tied up with Pooles affairs  when they should be consentrating on there own clubs. Its perfectly understandable we are the talk of the town, as we are the biggest  and most sucessful club in  modern British speedway .

Edited by Starman2006