British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

8 hours ago, Pinny said:

Kildemand for Holder is perfectly legit... Kildemand was named as a reserve so not a declared GP rider. Another shrewd piece of work by Ford, this is why he is the best promoter of the modern era. 

It is obviously illogical that Nicky Pedersen who rode no GPs would be caught by the “only declared GP rider” rule - if that is the rule - but Kildemand, who practically rode in all, would not be. In defending such a definition you are as daft as the other promoters who sit by and let this happen.

6 hours ago, Pinny said:

How am I licking matt ford asshole? Stating it how it is. Your club could of chose Kildemand instead of Morris but didnt. 

Yet another post showing you up for what you are, a dunce whos mid fifties and still stacks shelves for a living. 

Australia is going great thanks, Working away on the 36th level of a skyscraper in 28 degrees sunshine. Off for a few beers in 90 minutes. Hows the night shift in Lidls going on 8 quid an hour? :D

You carry on in sunny Aussie until you are seventy enjoy,    well i will be retired at 55  now mind you don't get to pissed.!!

41 minutes ago, sommelier said:

TR better than Ivan, tough one, would put TR at his time a modern Ivan for his professionalism, But for me Ivan just edges it, just my opinion,

2 Very fine riders and very much looking forward to see TR tonight

Would tr have won six world one off meetings like Ivan did as tr only won one the rest where GPs we will never know ?

43 minutes ago, sommelier said:

TR better than Ivan, tough one, would put TR at his time a modern Ivan for his professionalism, But for me Ivan just edges it, just my opinion,

2 Very fine riders and very much looking forward to see TR tonight

Tony Rickardsson is THE greatest of all time. Wish I could be their to see him turn a wheel again.

Hope his races appear online after, hopefully he isn't just a shadow of his former self.

48 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Tony Rickardsson is THE greatest of all time. Wish I could be their to see him turn a wheel again.

Hope his races appear online after, hopefully he isn't just a shadow of his former self.

Definately, no argument.

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

Kildemand for Holder is perfectly legit... Kildemand was named as a reserve so not a declared GP rider. Another shrewd piece of work by Ford, this is why he is the best promoter of the modern era. 

You’d be hoping Kildemand is a hit straight away as on form I would put him down as a huge improver and one of the leagues top dogs. Could well make Poole much stronger. Would they risk letting him go for Holder if he Kildemand is flying?

Absolutely disagree.  Any rider that rode 9 of the 12 rounds is by any definition a 2017 GP rider. He may well have started the season as first reserve however became a full time rider due to injuries of others.

It's a disgraceful technicality to say that because he started as a reserve is a legit argument. Don't buy that at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Absolutely disagree.  Any rider that rode 9 of the 12 rounds is by any definition a 2017 GP rider. He may well have started the season as first reserve however became a full time rider due to injuries of others.

It's a disgraceful technicality to say that because he started as a reserve is a legit argument. Don't buy that at all.

The stupid thing is aswell, why is Niels K Iversen 9.06? Why hasn't he been reassessed at a lower figure of 9.00 instead of keeping his higher figure? As its turned out it probably hasn't effected Kings Lynn team building too much, but just shows a complete lack of understanding and consistency at the BSPA.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

There was a vote to decide the best ever rider at the millennium when probably more people were alive who had seen Ivan and Tony in their prime. Ivan won and Tony was second.  

Simply because of the “it was always better in the good old days” mentality.

Ivan was a great rider but had advantages in league racing of gate picks etc. Tony was a better all round rider. A great gater and brilliant passer. Of course its just down to opinion. 

Hans Nielsen knocks them both into a cocked hat.

Forget individual world titles, of which Nielsen was robbed of about half a dozen, his machine like brilliance at league level is unrivalled. 1986 season dropping just three points and going unbeaten away from home.

Brilliant team rider, the best gater ever, able to pass (sometimes with brute force!).

Tony was good, but as good as Hans? Not a chance.

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Definately harder to win a gp series than a one off world final where a fall or ef could end the favourites chances. 

lol really?

Ask Mark Loram whats harder to win. Granted you can have a one off winner who has a bit of luck on the day, but a gp over 12 rounds the best rider will win.

If the GP system was about in the mid to late 80's Hans Nielsen would have won loads more titles, including the 1994 season when Tony won his first.

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

100% spot on

Iversen rides in 7 rounds and comes in on plus 9

Pedersen rides in 2 rounds and comes in on 9

Kildemand rides in 9 rounds but can convert to 7.

Please how on earth is that fair..................oh yes its Poole 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

You carry on in sunny Aussie until you are seventy enjoy,    well i will be retired at 55  now mind you don't get to pissed.!!

70 dont think so squire, my job pays well enough here my nailbag and hammer will be well and truly hung up by the time I am 50, enjoying a happy retirement on golden beaches with an ice cold lager. 

Watch you dont do your back in stacking too many boxes of cheap Lidls wine pal, make sure you bend your knees and keep your back straight when lifting old man ;)

17 minutes ago, Gavan said:

100% spot on

Iversen rides in 7 rounds and comes in on plus 9

Pedersen rides in 2 rounds and comes in on 9

Kildemand rides in 9 rounds but can convert to 7.

Please how on earth is that fair..................oh yes its Poole 

Quite simple really, NKI and Pedersen were declared fully fledged gp riders at the start of 2017... Kildemand wasnt. He was a reserve. 

Its like calling a reserve in a 1-7 team a heatleader because he rides in heat 13 every meeting as an r/r or a reserve change!!

peter kildemand at the start of 2017 was first reserve for the gp series therefore not a declared GP rider. Its as simple as that. 

And no, he doesnt become a fully fledged gp rider because of injuries, as had nicki, niels and whoever else was injured all came back, he would of been back out of the series. 

Sadly there were injuries and he raced AS A RESERVE for most of the series . He was never a fully fledged grand prix rider at any point in 2017. No matter how fair you think it is or isnt, its there for all to see.

his signing for Poole is 100 percent legit. Accept it and move on ffs.

Edited by Pinny

1 minute ago, Pinny said:

Quite simple really, NKI and Pedersen were declared fully fledged gp riders at the start of 2017... Kildemand wasnt. He was a reserve. 

Its like calling a reserve in a 1-7 team a heatleader because he rides in heat 13 every meeting as an r/r or a reserve change!!

peter kildemand at the start of 2017 was first reserve for the gp series therefore not a declared GP rider. Its as simple as that. 

Sadly there were injuries and he raced AS A RESERVE for most of the series . He was never a fully fledged grand prix rider at any point in 2017. No matter how fair you think it is or isnt, its there for all to see.

his signing for Poole is 100 percent legit. Accept it and move on ffs.

9 rounds ridden proves different.