British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

1 hour ago, ouch said:

Most top tier teams have cancelled meetings at whim. 

Only one has ever been punished. 

Go figure. 

LOL

I figure that if you fake a track problem because you've got riders missing then you deserve all you get, especially if you do it so poorly. But then competence was never high on the agenda for the Chuckle Brothers in charge at the time was it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Other teams 'get away with it' because they aren't daft enough to get caught red handed.

I understand what you mean and I criticised our management at the time.  On the other hand nobody guessed that the Poole meeting was cancelled so that it couldn't adversely affect the intended team changes. Well to be exact, apparently nobody in authority did,  the rest of us had no difficulty catching them out red handed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rebelwonderkid said:

I personally believe he can put on at least a point and a half on his average this season tbh. Just needs to keep his attitude in check. 

Yes he can quite right. A fit and focused Chris Holder can do an awful lot better and still shake up the GP series, even at his age. I mean, look at Greg.

20 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Why should it? Press and practice is important and vital for ALL teams.

Again why? So it's okay to penalise a team that can't practise because of the weather when others have??

Matt Ford has agreed to it so there is really nothing make an issue of.

I see that Shovlar has his wooden spoon out, it's quite funny tho. 

Because its on the same day as a re arranged P&P. surely you are not allowed to do the. The BSPA must step in. Surely Wolves should be punished for this.

Edited by Starman2006

19 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The 7-

The 70th anniversary meeting has been cancelled? Really? Better put it out to everyone then, though I can’t find it on the Poole website.

Steve Arthurs post was tongue in cheek mate, in reply to Stevebrums post. Surely that is not right, you cannot postpone a league meeting in place of a P&P day. Thats not right.

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

I really rate Jack Holder as a rider and i think he can be a great signing for Somerset last year was a learning curve for him and i believe he can kick on now and average over 7 this year.

Jack has the POTENTIAL, to be a good rider but like Kyle Newman, he has to stay clear of injuries, thats what stopped Kyles progression.

Poole the team that never do anything wrong. It's only the other league members that do. Seems to make sense to me to delay the Wolves/Poole meeting due the present conditions of the track & Wolves not being able to run the P & P day. Imagine if Wolves hadn't done it & Poole got turned over. There would be furore from the old blue tints. Why should we have to ride on a sub standard track? Everybody knows Holder's love of wet tracks.

1 minute ago, DunRobin said:

Poole the team that never do anything wrong. It's only the other league members that do. Seems to make sense to me to delay the Wolves/Poole meeting due the present conditions of the track & Wolves not being able to run the P & P day. Imagine if Wolves hadn't done it & Poole got turned over. There would be furore from the old blue tints. Why should we have to ride on a sub standard track? Everybody knows Holder's love of wet tracks.

Wolves have changed there P&P day to the same day as the meeting, and posponed the meeting, they cannot do that. Nothing to do with the track nor conditions. Im sure you lot wouldnt complain if they did the same to you ???

Edited by Starman2006

11 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Jack has the POTENTIAL, to be a good rider but like Kyle Newman, he has to stay clear of injuries, thats what stopped Kyles progression.

No disrespect to Kyle but he has  never had the potential Jack has, at times in Poland he showed how good a rider he can become.

Edited by Sidney the robin

16 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Wolves have changed there P&P day to the same day as the meeting, and posponed the meeting, they cannot do that. Nothing to do with the track nor conditions. Im sure you lot wouldnt complain if they did the same to you ???

The weather has seen really bad.I don't know if Wolves have access to the track every day?

Blimey am I right in thinking that some Poole fans actually think Matt has done something wrong by agreeing? If Matt agreed, then surely its the right thing to do in the interests of British speedway..;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

They can do it - and have done it with the agreement of Matt Ford - so what’s your point? :rolleyes:

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

They can do it - and have done it with the agreement of Matt Ford - so what’s your point? :rolleyes:

My point is, if Matt has mutually agreed with Wolves then fine. But if Wolves have done it off there own backs then thats wrong. And you know that for sure do you ?

Edited by Starman2006

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The weather has seen really bad.I don't know if Wolves have access to the track every day?

Blimey am I right in thinking that some Poole fans actually think Matt has done something wrong by agreeing? If Matt agreed, then surely its the right thing to do I the interests of British speedway..;)

As far as im aware, Wolves can only use the track on stipulated days due to the dogs like us. Im sure a Wolves fan can confirm this If Matt has agreed then thats fine. But if Wolves have done this off there own backs without prior agreement with Matt then that is wrong.

Edited by Starman2006

13 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

No disrespect to Kyle but he has  never had the potential Jack has, at times in Poland he showed how good a rider he can become.

Kyle never reached his potential due to the amount of injuries he had, including sepsis which nearly killed him due to an injury. Had he not had them he would be attaining around a 7.50 average by now.

26 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Because its on the same day as a re arranged P&P. surely you are not allowed to do the. The BSPA must step in. Surely Wolves should be punished for this.

24 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Steve Arthurs post was tongue in cheek mate, in reply to Stevebrums post. Surely that is not right, you cannot postpone a league meeting in place of a P&P day. Thats not right.

17 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

In reply to the 3 quoted posts. Wolves have done nothing wrong. Poole called off a meeting  3 seasons ago against Lakeside due to missing riders and citing 'damaging their business'. I didn't think you could call off matches or change dates because of missing riders either,  however Poole have done it in the past so what Wolves are doing is no different. Wolves are entitled to their P&P day as it's important to the press and media as well as their sponsors. So without one it would also 'damage business'. Nothing new to see here I'm afraid. 

6 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Precisely.  Nothing to see here.

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

My point is, if Matt has mutually agreed with Wolves then fine. But if Wolves have done it off there own backs then thats wrong.

The press release quite clearly says MF agreed to rearranging date. So its completely fine.