British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t think Somerset was CH’s first choice at all.

He wanted to ride with his brother, at Poole. But the way Jack behaved last season was enough for Matt Ford to decide he didn’t want him in the team, no matter what the potential in 2018.

So off Jack went to Somerset. CH was pi55ed that Matt didn’t want Jack so decided he wanted to ride with his brother at Somerset, or whatever club Jack was at. But CH was in Poole’s plans. If Somerset wanted him then they would have to pay for a full transfer, which they decided they couldn’t afford or was not worth it.

So CH is at Poole, will have excellent sponsorship, and now has a track he has said is very good. And perhaps if Jack matures and improves his attitude he could be back in Matts plans in future seasons. Who knows.

Cobblers. Everyone knows Poole hire and fire riders at the drop of a hat and as unpalatable as the Holders can be they know that full well. Both Poole and the Holders have bad attitudes, sometimes they suit each other, sometimes they don’t. Contrast Wolves as a club that tries to engender loyalty.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob Dyer said:

Pirates trip to Wolves on 26 March postponed with Matt’s agreement. Bad weather in the Midlands has ruled out the Wolves P&P tomorrow and they have put it back a week. Sure that will draw a few comments.

Why should it? Press and practice is important and vital for ALL teams.

4 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Absolute joke by wolves speedway. 

Again why? So it's okay to penalise a team that can't practise because of the weather when others have??

Matt Ford has agreed to it so there is really nothing make an issue of.

I see that Shovlar has his wooden spoon out, it's quite funny tho. 

The 7-

4 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

Poole's press day has been postponed till Friday, the 70th anniversary meeting has been arranged for 70 year's time

The 70th anniversary meeting has been cancelled? Really? Better put it out to everyone then, though I can’t find it on the Poole website.

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

You could never afford Chris. in fact no british club could afford to lash out 25 k for a rider nowadays, Give it up. your now clutching at straws. You've been told, several times, you  got Doyley give it up.

Matt needs to be careful as the value of Chris might go down this year, I would not want it to happen but he may have another bad injury, or just decide he has had enough of the UK.

If Chris was really good there are a couple of clubs that could afford him. 

Edited by A ORLOV

19 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Matt needs to be careful as the value of Chris might go down this year, I would not want it to happen but he may have another bad injury, or just decide he has had enough of the UK.

If Chris was really good there are a couple of clubs that could afford him. 

I doubt if Chris will go down mate. If he cannot increase  that 7.16 average i will be very suprised. Chris is really good, form is temperary class is permanant, he's not be a world champion by being average. And nobody wants injuries, he's had his fair share of those in the last few years. Talking to brick walls springs to mind !  could have finished his career, then you had poorDarcys unfortunate accident, that took the wind out of his sails, like it did everybody, and that was on top of his own problems. I would not have been suprised had he  retired there and then.
As i said, Chris was fine last weds, had a spring in his step and was the first out on the track. Its good to see him back home, and i for one hope he has a good season.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

So when are the Wolverhampton promotion going to get a talking too?

I can understand why they are scared of us but they will have to face us at some point. 

They cant hide behind the snow and other excuses forever. 

Ha ha

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The 7-

The 70th anniversary meeting has been cancelled? Really? Better put it out to everyone then, though I can’t find it on the Poole website.

only a funny Steve, just a dig at Wolverhampton for putting practice over a official meeting

42 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

if this had been Poole, the forum would be in meltdown, CLUE LESS

not at all most supporters got respect for each other team and the p/p is just as important as the first league meeting imo p/s sorry if you disagree

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Starman and myself are talking sense. Not my problem if you don't like the fact that we have Chris Holder on a 7.16 average and Somerset don't.

Much prefer Jack Holder on a 5.82 tbh. I think he'll be a better rider than Chris and Doyle and Garry will sort out his attitude. I doubt anyone will do that with Chris. 

25 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

Much prefer Jack Holder on a 5.82 tbh. I think he'll be a better rider than Chris and Doyle and Garry will sort out his attitude. I doubt anyone will do that with Chris. 

No, i dont think he will be that good. But he should turn out a useful rider. If he stays sound.