British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

Chris made it obvious from the beginning that he wanted to ride with Jack, who had already done a deal with the Rebels. 

As Starman says he has signed for Poole, not his first choice but when you're backed into a corner your choices narrow.

I really hope him being forced to sign for Poole doesn't backfire on the Pirates.

• Like 2

Chris Holder was never going to ride for Somerset. 

Said it from day 1.

First choice was Poole. Delay delay delay because Chris wanted Jack at Poole but Matt got the Polish ringers instead. 

Next thing you know Jack has signed for Somerset then Chris wanted to ride for Somerset only because of Jack.

Matt said No. Chris was always in our plans and wanted to ride for Poole from Day 1 until Jack signed for Somerset then it became ugly and Matt said 25,000 grand knowing full well Somerset couldn't afford that to deliberately price them out of a move.

Then Chris realised he was never going to have his way and accepted the fact that he would not be riding with Jack anywhere. 

If Chris didn't want to ride for us full stop then he would have refused to sign a contract and would have decided to take legal action in a bid to push a loan move to Somerset through.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Said it from day 1.

First choice was Poole. Delay delay delay because Chris wanted Jack at Poole but Matt got the Polish ringers instead. 

Next thing you know Jack has signed for Somerset then Chris wanted to ride for Somerset only because of Jack.

Matt said No. Chris was always in our plans and wanted to ride for Poole from Day 1 until Jack signed for Somerset then it became ugly and Matt said 25,000 grand knowing full well Somerset couldn't afford that to deliberately price them out of a move.

Then Chris realised he was never going to have his way and accepted the fact that he would not be riding with Jack anywhere. 

If Chris didn't want to ride for us full stop then he would have refused to sign a contract and would have decided to take legal action in a bid to push a loan move to Somerset through.

Thankyou. The senerio is perhaps they will both be at Poole next season. Its a good track for jack to go to, it will give him plenty of experience riding a bigger track week in week out where you can open the throttle a bit. Plymouth was a good learning curve for him on a tight track. He will improve for the experience. Riding the likes of Wolves will give him something to think about.

Edited by Starman2006

13 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Said it from day 1.

Partially right with a few things wrong. Somerset could of afforded Holder I'm led to believe BUT there is a big difference between being able to and choosing not to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Partially right with a few things wrong. Somerset could of afforded Holder I'm led to believe BUT there is a big difference between being able to and choosing not to.

You could never afford Chris. in fact no british club could afford to lash out 25 k for a rider nowadays, Give it up. your now clutching at straws. You've been told, several times, you  got Doyley give it up.

Edited by Starman2006

Just now, poole keith said:

it amazes me that people on this forum know what the hancock family can and cannot afford, where do they get this information from please? 

Ah but Keith, you forget, he's the voice of Somerset, he knows everything...:lol:

2 hours ago, Rob Dyer said:

Pirates trip to Wolves on 26 March postponed with Matt’s agreement. Bad weather in the Midlands has ruled out the Wolves P&P tomorrow and they have put it back a week. Sure that will draw a few comments.

Thats completely wrecked my planning. What a real pain that is. Wolves clearly running scared.

There may well be snow on the track at this moment, as there most certainly is at Wimborne road this afternoon. But the forecast is for temperatures to rise this week. Snow melts when it gets warmer.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ray c said:

When do they have p/p day then it's there prestige day like ours is on Wednesday

Yes when Poole come to town its their biggest meeting agreed. They could have P&P on any day next week. They are running scared.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, poole keith said:

it amazes me that people on this forum know what the hancock family can and cannot afford, where do they get this information from please? 

Probably the same place as Starman and Shovlar do as regards M.Ford and Poole:rolleyes:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, poole keith said:

54 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

You could never afford Chris. in fact no british club could afford to lash out 25 k for a rider nowadays, Give it up. your now clutching at straws. You've been told, several times, you  got Doyley give it up.

It's a very interesting point Keith - I'm working on what reliable information I've been given which could potentially be wrong, that they simply chose not to buy Holder. Star man however states they couldn't afford him. A very big difference! 

And Starman just for the record, no matter how many times you repeat something doesn't make it right :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

What you talking about look at photo of track 

That's not the problem. Cancelling an official league match for you P&P is shocking. How authorities have let this happen is beyond me. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Najjer said:

It's a very interesting point Keith - I'm working on what reliable information I've been given which could potentially be wrong, that they simply chose not to buy Holder. Star man however states they couldn't afford him. A very big difference! 

And Starman just for the record, no matter how many times you repeat something doesn't make it right :rolleyes: 

It would be interesting as to where or from  whom you get YOUR  reliable information from.