British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Chris signed for Poole end of.Chris is a poole asset. IF, that was the fee then its up to Somerset if they wanted to pay it or not, like most clubs they cannot afford to stump up that sort of money, Chris could have gone out on loan, but Matt chose to put a price on him. Sorry if that offends you, but its called business. Ideally, Chris would have prefered to have jack ride with him at poole, but like you should know, but clearly cannot grasp, you dont always get what you want. Garys a shrewd manager, and im sure he has come up against brick walls with other riders.  As i said, you dont always get what you want.

What in gods name has any of that what to do with my post? You chat utter nonsense. You state Chris could of gone out on loan and then in the next breath basically say Matt wouldn't allow it. We already know that which is why he isn't at Somerset.

The bottom line is Chris is riding for Poole this season, albeit as his second choice. 

• Like 1

I have this image of Starman during exchanges like this -

He posts and rather read and understand any reply its fingers in ears and repeat lalalalalalalaa :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Najjer said:

What in gods name has any of that what to do with my post? You chat utter nonsense. You state Chris could of gone out on loan and then in the next breath basically say Matt wouldn't allow it. We already know that which is why he isn't at Somerset.

The bottom line is Chris is riding for Poole this season, albeit as his second choice. 

Matt wanted a fee for him, he could have let him out on loan. But chose the former. end of.

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I have this image of Starman during exchanges like this -

He posts and rather read and understand any reply its fingers in ears and repeat lalalalalalalaa :P

I read what i see. Then others try and twist it..

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I read what i see. Then others try and twist it..

In that case I would rather put my faith in Stevie Wonders sight ;)

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

In that case I would rather put my faith in Stevie Wonders sight ;)

Good for you.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Najjer said:

So are you now accepting Chris Holder's first choice was actually Somerset, but Matt put a stop to that move happening?

He's signed for poole. get over it.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Najjer said:

For your reference, Jack signed for Somerset first.

So do you think it's wrong or just turning a blind eye to what is known by many others to be a fact that Chris Holder wanted to sign for Somerset too.... Somerset also wanted Chris Holder and Matt Ford was prepared to release him but only for a substantial amount of money, believed to be in the region of £25,000. Somerset refused to pay such an amount and therefore the only option Holder had left on the table was to sign for Poole.

Just to think if Matt Ford put a realistic price on Chris Holder say £15,000,Somerset may have taken that.And then Poole could have afforded team suits for their septet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Just to think if Matt Ford put a realistic price on Chris Holder say £15,000,Somerset may have taken that.And then Poole could have afforded team suits for their septet.

Just to think, had other clubs put decent prices on there riders Somerset would be able to afford them as well. But Nailer seems to think its Somersets perogatitve to sign Chris. Er, it doesnt work like that, honest.

Edited by Starman2006

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Just to think, had other clubs put decent prices on there riders Somerset would be able to afford them as well.

Like Doyle for example.....

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Like Doyle for example.....

There you go. Problem solved. So i dont know why Naijers getting in a tizzy.

Edited by Starman2006

4 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

There you go. Problem solved. So i dont know why Naijers getting in a tizzy.

No tizzy here - I find it hard to believe but I know it does happen that people actually get wound up and annoyed on a Speedway forum :lol:

It actually doesn't bother me that Holder isn't at Somerset and is at Poole, but that doesn't stop me being naive to think that we wanted to sign him and he wanted to join us. You posting nonsense about Poole being his first choice is exactly that, nonsense. You are either blinkered and/or stupid if you think that.

• Like 1

I don’t think Somerset was CH’s first choice at all.

He wanted to ride with his brother, at Poole. But the way Jack behaved last season was enough for Matt Ford to decide he didn’t want him in the team, no matter what the potential in 2018.

So off Jack went to Somerset. CH was pi55ed that Matt didn’t want Jack so decided he wanted to ride with his brother at Somerset, or whatever club Jack was at. But CH was in Poole’s plans. If Somerset wanted him then they would have to pay for a full transfer, which they decided they couldn’t afford or was not worth it.

So CH is at Poole, will have excellent sponsorship, and now has a track he has said is very good. And perhaps if Jack matures and improves his attitude he could be back in Matts plans in future seasons. Who knows.

• Like 1

If we are starting to talk 'facts' then it was Chris Holder's first choice to ride at Poole with his brother!!

That was made abundantly clear to Chris that that wasn't going to happen because no way would Jack be in the Poole team this year!!

Somerset then became the second preference but they couldn't afford the fee 'cos they already had Doyley committed.

Edit SS beat me to it!!

Edited by Skidder1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

If we are starting to talk 'facts' then it was Chris Holder's first choice to ride at Poole with his brother!!

That was made abundantly clear to Chris that that wasn't going to happen because no way would Jack be in the Poole team this year!!

Somerset then became the second preference but they couldn't afford the fee 'cos they already had Doyley committed.

I'm also led to believe aswell it wasn't that Somerset couldn't afford Holder - they simply choose not to pursue him any longer as they didn't believe he was worth what Matt Ford was asking for him, and within a short space of time after our remaining team members was put in place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

I'm also led to believe aswell it wasn't that Somerset couldn't afford Holder - they simply choose not to pursue him any longer as they didn't believe he was worth what Matt Ford was asking for him, and within a short space of time after our remaining team members was put in place. 

I think I read on here that Ford wouldn't loan Holder. He wanted to sell him ?

• Like 2

Pirates trip to Wolves on 26 March postponed with Matt’s agreement. Bad weather in the Midlands has ruled out the Wolves P&P tomorrow and they have put it back a week. Sure that will draw a few comments.