British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

41 minutes ago, simon.c said:

Still a concern that Holder has not appeared in any interviews in the local Echo and didn't take part in the interviews from yesterdays practice. To me it is saying that there are still issues behind the scenes, I hope I am wrong but that is the impression being given

This was the point I was raising earlier, all were interviewed apart from him, mind he probably feels he is above being interviewed now.

I look forward to seeing Chris ride again and i think he will get an ok reception at Swindon i hope so anyway.A fresh start for him we all make mistakes in life so let him move on hopefully he will get back to the form that we all know he is capable of.I think Chris wants to stay low profile concentrate on his racing and enjoy his racing again.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Agrotron said:

This was the point I was raising earlier, all were interviewed apart from him, mind he probably feels he is above being interviewed now.

Chris is fine, he will do his talking on the  track for the time being. He was first out y'day he had a spring in his step and he seemed happy. He just has to do what he's best a, ride his bike. A few good scores early on will do him the world of good. I really dont think Chris will be to bothered about those that dont like him. He will still get a good reception at Poole, thats all that matters.

17 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Chris is fine, he will do his talking on the  track for the time being. He was first out y'day he had a spring in his step and he seemed happy. He just has to do what he's best a, ride his bike. A few good scores early on will do him the world of good. I really dont think Chris will be to bothered about those that dont like him. He will still get a good reception at Poole, thats all that matters.

I think a rider wants a good reception where ever he rides not just poole and he must be concered hopefully it will be ok for him 

22 minutes ago, ray c said:

I think a rider wants a good reception where ever he rides not just poole and he must be concered hopefully it will be ok for him 

Maybe they do, but i dont think Chris will lose any sleep over it if he doesnt. Chris has been through a rough time, and already people are banging the drum. Give the bloke a chance.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ray c said:

I agree but he will get a good reception at Poole especially after a couple of good meetings, he may not get a great reception elsewhere especially Kings Lynn but he deserves a chance to put the past behind him. He has been a terrific servant to Poole over the years and  will do a great job for the team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I agree but he will get a good reception at Poole especially after a couple of good meetings, he may not get a great reception elsewhere especially Kings Lynn but he deserves a chance to put the past behind him. He has been a terrific servant to Poole over the years and  will do a great job for the team.

Spot on, definately..

4 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

More fools peterbourgh. if they had the chance to sign him they messed up big time.  It seems Poole was always on the agenda, who knows how that conversation went and befored hand. That wouldnt have been the first time Mick had contacted Matt...;)

Course they were. That's why he had several spins round Peterborough and stayed with a Whittlesey landscape gardener when Mick Poole (not Poole Speedway) brought him over here. Mick's intention was for Holder to sign for Panthers. Yes, more fool Peterborough, but don't make out every rider coming to this country that Ford gets his mitts on is discovered by him.

Edited by Barney Rabbit
  • Like 1

I think you will find that the only reason Chris wasn’t interviewed was simply because the i/v’s were not pre-arranged and done after all the riders had finished on track. By the time the video guy went to get Chris, he had already left the stadium. Nothing sinister at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barney Rabbit said:

Course they were. That's why he had several spins round Peterborough and stayed with a Whittlesey landscape gardener when Mick Poole (not Poole Speedway) brought him over here. Mick's intention was for Holder to sign for Panthers. Yes, more fool Peterborough, but don't make out every rider coming to this country that Ford gets his mitts on is discovered by him.

Thats ok then, you have it your way, im sure you cannot see anything past that. Nevermind eh..

1 hour ago, Dickie Head said:

I think you will find that the only reason Chris wasn’t interviewed was simply because the i/v’s were not pre-arranged and done after all the riders had finished on track. By the time the video guy went to get Chris, he had already left the stadium. Nothing sinister at all.

Well said that man.

1 hour ago, Barney Rabbit said:

He did mention when interviewed pre-season last year that he could stay at Troy's or a friends in Whittlesey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Fry said:

maybe he just wants to let his riding do the talking

Arthur, leave them alone mate. The boo boys are out, its called, jealousy...They will have something else to moan about in October..:lol: Chris will do his talking on the track..

40 minutes ago, tellboy said:

He did mention when interviewed pre-season last year that he could stay at Troy's or a friends in Whittlesey.

I also don't recall Matt Ford taking the credit for Chris's original appearance on these shores back then. He was instrumental in bringing him back over when he started riding here though. It wouldn't be impossible to confuse the two issues ten or so years down the line.

Edited by Barney Rabbit
  • Like 1