British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

44 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Crump only won more titles because Leigh was not ruthless enough in tight situations.  He would never deliberately carve up another rider which might end up with a long injury.

In many cases when they raced both riders were probably fairly equal on skill and riding ability. 

Crump won more titles because he was the better rider. Being ruthless and slamming the door closed on riders behind is part of being a good speedway rider. 

Look, I have no bias towards either rider but Crumps individual acheivements outclass Adams by some margin. 

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Ask the Abbey faithful A ORLOV,  Steve,Grachan,Hagonshocker etc)if Leigh was just an inside line rider not in my memory he wasn't.Pinny is right that Crump was the better rider but there was not a huge gulf in class between the two riders.I was not a massive fan of Leigh mainly because he followed Crump (snr) who was an idol of mine but god i so admired Leigh he was so good for a long period i only felt like that  after maybe when Darcy had the short spell.At Swindon we have been blessed with some real class acts Briggs,Ashby,Kilby,Crump(Snr) Leigh,Darcy ( horribly cut  short) Doyley.

Yes I know, he could ride any line and often shepparded others around the track, inside or outside he was able to beat anyone at the Abbey.

Still do not agree that Crumpie was better.

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Anyway back to the 'Poole 2018' thread - the track looked really smooth when I was down there yesterday. Glyn Taylor is just hopeful that it can fully dry out before any heavy rain/snow comes!

As previously mentioned the start/finish line has been moved back 6 metres, as the old position meant that riders were beginning to turn for the first bend over the gate 4 position.

Chris Holder although 4th in the average pecking order - will occupy a 'heat leader' berth. ie. probably 5, with Josh G probably starting off at 2.!!

Stadium improvements include the season ticket seats being improved. Other changes are ongoing.

Sounds good. As a matter of interest Clive, who pays for the seat improvements? Is it the stadium owners or the speedway promotion?

15 minutes ago, TesarRacing said:

Sounds good. As a matter of interest Clive, who pays for the seat improvements? Is it the stadium owners or the speedway promotion?

I would assume the stadium owners, but im sure that Clive will verify this..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pinny said:

Lorams win was a one off season, apart from that season Adams probably finished above him in every other gp season and in the averages every season. 

Crump was sublime in the leagues, was on the podium ten years on the bounce in the gps, won three world titles and in my opinion that makes him a far better rider than Adams who in fairness was majestic in the leagues but not a patch on Crump individually. 

Mark Loram finished above Leigh Adams in 5 consecutive gp seasons 1996-2000

Leigh Adams finished above Mark in the next 4 seasons 2001- 2004

Therefore if you include the fact Mark won a world crown its fair to say by your Crump v Adams logic that Mark was a better rider than Leigh?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

so why choose kurtz over dudek ?? no question who is the better rider :lol:

Because Dudek didnt want to commit at the time. Brady is a slow burner and will continue to improve. I can not see him going anywhere in the forseeable future.

19 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

so 100% nailed on riding for poole didn't want to ride hmmm something amiss there  !!  not a lot more to be said !! just more pie-rat speculation thinking they are better than anyone else :lol:

We are in 2018.☠️

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

so 100% nailed on riding for poole didn't want to ride hmmm something amiss there  !!  not a lot more to be said !! just more pie-rat speculation thinking they are better than anyone else :lol:

Dudek found out that they couldn't afford race suits.    Then when Matt Ford rang him up, he reversed the charges.     It totally put Dudek off joining the Poundshop Pirates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, TesarRacing said:

Certainly Matt is getting the seats done with the stadium's permission (and gratitude?!) - its not new seating, just sprucing up the existing!!  Don't know if its reflected in the rental charges?!

Matt referred to 'major' changes in the future (not 2018) but wouldn't be drawn on anything more specific!!;)

• Like 1

Crump vs Adams - both were terrific riders.  Both were good team men and Jason was more successful at individual level and there can be no dispute there IMHO. Who was the better rider? If just looking at WC's won then obviously Jason but it's not that simple.  I would have either in my team as number 1 but would go with Adams if I had to choose.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

He had to many other commitments. Dont think somethink that is not there.