British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

1 hour ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Track should be good if Glyn has been involved.  It will certainly help the lads that have mainly ridden on the smoother tracks in Poland for the last few years.

As i said the track will be fine, Glyn has done what needs doing. The rest is down to time to let it bed in.. Its really up to Glyn if he feels the need to explain what he's done.

13 minutes ago, ray c said:

There maybe but it don't alter the fact there are more serious accident in Poland than the UK !!!

Riders probably ride harder/take more risks in Poland due the the money on offer.

If Poole's track is sorted, it should be a good year to be a Poole fan.

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Riders probably ride harder/take more risks in Poland due the the money on offer.

If Poole's track is sorted, it should be a good year to be a Poole fan.

I can believe that mate, riders will probably ride harder in poland due to the money on offer and the fact they dont want to be dropped.  I think the track is sorted, and like i believe you said, having the start 10 mtrs back it will be a plus not a minus. Riders need to be secure in the fact the track is safe, that has never been an issue, just needed tinkering to iron out a few issues.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

...and far more serious accidents on Polish tracks (and Swedish) than on British tracks!!

I agree. 

But you do have to take that with a pinch of salt. Riders go much faster on all the tracks in Poland and speed=increased injury risk. 

In Poland you hit high 70mph doubt you hit that anywhere in the UK even BV. 

So yes there are more injuries but perhaps is a reason. 

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

I agree. 

But you do have to take that with a pinch of salt. Riders go much faster on all the tracks in Poland and speed=increased injury risk. 

In Poland you hit high 70mph doubt you hit that anywhere in the UK even BV. 

So yes there are more injuries but perhaps is a reason. 

I've seen a Go Pro of Batch practising at Lynn. Probably a slick track as practice,but if I remember right,bends was around 40mph and 65 on the straight and before BV's new track . Lynn was the fastest track in the Prem.

Belle Vue - National Speedway Stadium: Track Length (m) TBC, Record set xx.xx by TBC on xx xxx xx. [Ave. Speed - xx.xxmph]
Coventry - Brandon Stadium: Track Length (m) 301, Record set 57.6s by Chris Harris on 22nd May '09. [Ave. Speed - 46.76mph]

Kings Lynn - The Norfolk Arena: Track Length (m) 342, Record set 57.6s by Nicki Pedersen on 11th Sept '02. [Ave. Speed - 53.13mph]

Lakeside - Purfleet Stadium: Track Length (m) 256, Record set 56.8s by Andreas Jonsson on 30th May '08. [Ave. Speed - 40.33mph]
Leicester - Beaumont Park: Track Length (m) 317, Record set 61.75s by Nicolai Klindt on 19th Mar '16. [Ave. Speed - 45.93mph]

Poole - Wimborne Road: Track Length (m) 299.1, Record set 56.91s by Antonio Lindback on 14th Jun '06. [Ave. Speed - 47.03mph]
Swindon - Abbey Stadium: Track Length (m) 363, Record set 63.86s by Leigh Adams on 31st Aug '09. [Ave. Speed - 50.86mph]
Wolverhampton - Monmore Green: Track Length (m) 264, Record set 53.45s by Darcy Ward on 10th Aug '15. [Ave. Speed - 44.19mph]

Edited by Bald Bloke

45 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I've seen a Go Pro of Batch practising at Lynn. Probably a slick track as practice,but if I remember right,bends was around 40mph and 65 on the straight and before BV's new track . Lynn was the fastest track in the Prem.

Belle Vue - National Speedway Stadium: Track Length (m) TBC, Record set xx.xx by TBC on xx xxx xx. [Ave. Speed - xx.xxmph]
Coventry - Brandon Stadium: Track Length (m) 301, Record set 57.6s by Chris Harris on 22nd May '09. [Ave. Speed - 46.76mph]

Kings Lynn - The Norfolk Arena: Track Length (m) 342, Record set 57.6s by Nicki Pedersen on 11th Sept '02. [Ave. Speed - 53.13mph]

Lakeside - Purfleet Stadium: Track Length (m) 256, Record set 56.8s by Andreas Jonsson on 30th May '08. [Ave. Speed - 40.33mph]
Leicester - Beaumont Park: Track Length (m) 317, Record set 61.75s by Nicolai Klindt on 19th Mar '16. [Ave. Speed - 45.93mph]

Poole - Wimborne Road: Track Length (m) 299.1, Record set 56.91s by Antonio Lindback on 14th Jun '06. [Ave. Speed - 47.03mph]
Swindon - Abbey Stadium: Track Length (m) 363, Record set 63.86s by Leigh Adams on 31st Aug '09. [Ave. Speed - 50.86mph]
Wolverhampton - Monmore Green: Track Length (m) 264, Record set 53.45s by Darcy Ward on 10th Aug '15. [Ave. Speed - 44.19mph]

For the average speedway you have the times - but the track length is not the distance covered by the riders!