British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

To be fair 5-6 years ago Poole was up there probably in the top 5 tracks in the UK, but in the last few years is been nothing short of a joke and at times dangerous.

If the work that has been done gets it back to the old standard then that can only be a good thing

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

To be fair 5-6 years ago Poole was up there probably in the top 5 tracks in the UK, but in the last few years is been nothing short of a joke and at times dangerous.

If the work that has been done gets it back to the old standard then that can only be a good thing

Would that cover the period Poole were winning back to back titles?! three wasn't it?

BTW Good holiday?

3 hours ago, ray c said:

At the stadium saturday night track looked fine 

Ray, the track will be fine, they've taken up bends 1-2 which were by far the worst and will re-lay them, just want people to stay off them untill P&P day, bend four will be smothed out, you do not need mountains of heavy shale on that turn. If the straights are also cambered then it should be fine..

28 minutes ago, Poole Quay 7 said:

You know better than me Starry about track work etc but why wasn't the track done earlier so it could actually bed in so to speak?

I agree mate, i dont know why, thing is the boys need to put the four wheel  blade round every week on a match day, that will smooth it out, then you can do what you like with it. Sadly we lost the road grader a few year ago, but the Four wheel blade will do a simular job. takes about 45 mins to an hour to do it properly, working from outside to inside, then back round the opposite way once on the inside, As far as the digging up of the track is concerned that has been done several times in the last few years, but if they stuck the blade round every week you would pretty much eliviate the humps and bumps. digging up the start into a potato patch doesnt help.  The matierial you have is also very important, Red shale binds better than anything else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Would that cover the period Poole were winning back to back titles?! three wasn't it?

BTW Good holiday?

If your insinuating ive had a ban i most certainly havent.

Im actually seperating from my wife and on 25th January moved into new accomadation which at the moment doesnt have internet connection set up.

Been a stressful time as i have 2 children and being apart from them even for the odd night is very strange and not easy to get used to. So pretty much ive not had much time or desire or the means to actually get on the forum much.

Some Poole fans have mocked me in the past for the fact i only go Ipswich 4 or 5 times a season as i put my family first, well im sure they will be happy to know ive got more chance this season for obvious reasons.

32 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Im actually seperating from my wife and on 25th January moved into new accomadation which at the moment doesnt have internet connection set up.

Been a stressful time as i have 2 children and being apart from them even for the odd night is very strange and not easy to get used to. So pretty much ive not had much time or desire or the means to actually get on the forum much.

Some Poole fans have mocked me in the past for the fact i only go Ipswich 4 or 5 times a season as i put my family first, well im sure they will be happy to know ive got more chance this season for obvious reasons.

good luck gav sorry to hear you have been having a difficult time

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Sorry to hear this,I have been through it but only 1 child but keep your chin up and will get easier.

35 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Sorry to hear that fella.All the best going farward.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Good luck  all the best you still have two kids to focus on for the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

You're a bit touchy Gav - almost as if you were expecting one?! - although I guess with what you've got going on you're entitled.  Hope things improve for you although not quite sure why you're telling everyone on a Poole thread?!

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

all the best for the future !!

Gav, i cant find you post, but im sure its a very stressful time for you. Hope things work out, first and formost sort yourself out..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Sorry about any problems you may have had and hope all sorts out ok for you but I will never understand why anyone would put this on a forum and share with strangers

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

Sorry about any problems you may have had and hope all sorts out ok for you but I will never understand why anyone would put this on a forum and share with strangers

Have you been through the heartbreak of having your kids (two of them in my case) removed from your every day life ?

Posting such on a forum doesn't even register, especially when some numpty posts that your absence must be down to a ban..

Edited by YerRopes

Going to speedway has helped me forget about for a short while and deal with many a tough time during my life.  Sometimes it seems you just keep getting kicked and you gotta find your own way to deal with it.  But, life goes on....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

Have you been through the heartbreak of having your kids (two of them in my case) removed from your every day life ?

Posting such on a forum doesn't even register, especially when some numpty posts that your absence must be down to a ban..

Been through it all pal and stand by my comments

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

My wife left me, best day of my life. My life is now so much better.  No kids involved though, so just a stroll in the park.   

Don't let it get you down Gavan. Your kids will still love you.

But sadly cost will come into it, untill they are 16, depending on his circumtances it wont just stop there. Rightly he will have access to them on a regular basis. In this day and age i am very happy to be single. Ive had enough Hassle to last me a life time, i wouldnt want any of that.
Gav will move on eventually, but its going to take time, im sure seeing the kids will help. Chin up Gav.
Think its best we get back to Speedway now.

Edited by Starman2006