British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Personally I think giving the captaincy to Chris Holder would be a mistake, he has had a lot to deal with and I don't think the burden of captaincy would do him or the team any favours, Hans was a good captain and I think Josh could do just as good a job, leaving Chris to concentrate on his riding.

You've been reading the Echo..;) I understand where Matt is coming from, Chris needs to get back to his best, but we need a motivator, somebody who's going to let his mechs get on with the job and he roams the pits  giving advice and just generally keeping the boys spirits high. As i said in another post both Chris and Neil can play a pivital part in showing the new lads how to ride the poole track properly. I expect them to get in plenty of laps on P&P day..

Edited by Starman2006

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

You've been reading the Echo..;) I understand where Matt is coming from, Chris needs to get back to his best, but we need a motivator, somebody who's going to let his mechs get on with the job and he roams the pits  giving advice and just generally keeping the boys spirits high. As i said in another post both Chris and Neil can play a pivital part in showing the new lads how to ride the poole track properly. I expect them to get in plenty of laps on P&P day..

Yes I agree with you, I hope the track is a bit smoother too, that would definitely help the new boys get dialled in.

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes I agree with you, I hope the track is a bit smoother too, that would definitely help the new boys get dialled in.

Yes im sure it will  be in time, the diggers and heavy equipment moved in this week, but this weather will hamper there start. You cannot do the work in this weather.. tomorrow and friday look better, thank gawd..

Edited by Starman2006

Wouldn't it be good if Matt's new social media agency could arrange for some photos of the track machinery on track - on the website, on Twitter and Facebook pages?!  Not much interest to anyone bar the speedway regulars - but it might just stop any doubters.  You never know the Echo might even be prepared to use them?!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Wouldn't it be good if Matt's new social media agency could arrange for some photos of the track machinery on track - on the website, on Twitter and Facebook pages?!  Not much interest to anyone bar the speedway regulars - but it might just stop any doubters.  You never know the Echo might even be prepared to use them?!

Should've taken some pics myself when I popped in.

23 minutes ago, sugarray said:

You'd be surprised at what Glynn has done. 

Really, doubt much would have happened today. Tomorrow and friday seem better roll on the summer. Humph.

45 minutes ago, ray c said:

They were working most of the day

may have been monday and tuesday but i doubt much got done today, weather better tomorrow and friday so im sure Glyn will finish off by then,.

Just now, Starman2006 said:

may have been monday and tuesday but i doubt much got done today, weather better tomorrow and friday so im sure Glyn will finish off by then,.

Couldnt do a lot on Monday and tuesday because of dogs.

I'm supposed to be seeing him tomorrow or Friday will take some pics.

Just now, sugarray said:

Couldnt do a lot on Monday and tuesday because of dogs.

I'm supposed to be seeing him tomorrow or Friday will take some pics.

That will be good mate, but i'l be suprised if much got done today, as you know it hissed down all day you would make more mess than good.

1 minute ago, sugarray said:

Was at Leicester for a while and built Somerset and Redcar tracks I believe.

Yep thats him, knows what he's doing.

21 minutes ago, sugarray said:

When i popped in there was no one there as dog track had been done.

But inside of first two bends had been stripped.

Start line is moving back 10 metres.

Ok thats interesting, bend one needed pulling up and re laying but really that area needs to be dolled off when its done so nobody goes on it. Intersting to read startling being moved back 10 metres, makes it a shorter home straight, but a longer run to bend one. I wonder what effect that will have ?

8 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Ok thats interesting, bend one needed pulling up and re laying but really that area needs to be dolled off when its done so nobody goes on it. Intersting to read startling being moved back 10 metres, makes it a shorter home straight, but a longer run to bend one. I wonder what effect that will have ?

Riders start turning into 1st bend on start line which being ripped launches riders into corner, which being a bit bumpy is not a good recipe.