British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

12 hours ago, scottyfan said:

I think Chris Holder will be Captain.

Ive already said that. Its a no brainer..

21 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

really hope he comes back and proves the doubters wrong, he deserves a break

He will...;)

• Like 1

Dont think Chris would be a good chose , has a lot of things to prove this year and not really sure he is a great leader and motivator.

Like to give him a year first to show his true form and prove to everyone that he really has Poole at heart.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stevebrum said:

His average seems to be in freefall. No doubt he should improve his starting average but he has had 2 very poor seasons in the UK,  certainly poor judging by him being in the GP's.

I don't agree - the last two seasons he has started off slowly in the first half of the season and improved in the second half (although didn't get to see out the second half of last season - which is why his average is lower).  Remember, he started at KL on a 12+ average which was too high for Poole.  If his average was in free fall,he would have had a much lower starting average and KL would have had more points to play with.

My take on Chris is that 99 per cent of us do not know what problems Chris has had to deal with over the last few years.For me he has been a great servant to speedway and this year hopefully people will wipe his slate clean and give him another chance.The talent the guy has is unreal and he now is back at his home  Poole that he feels most comfortable at he is at the right place.I for one would love to see Chris bulldoze his way back to the top echoleon's of the sport he is capable can he do it ? we shall see.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

My take on Chris is that 99 per cent of us do not know what problems Chris has had to deal with over the last few years.For me he has been a great servant to speedway and this year hopefully people will wipe his slate clean and give him another chance.The talent the guy has is unreal and he now is back at his home  Poole that he feels most comfortable at he is at the right place.I for one would love to see Chris bulldoze his way back to the top echoleon's of the sport he is capable can he do it ? we shall see.

Yes I agree with you on that so perhaps Chris has now arrived in the last chance saloon . From a Poole point of view hopefully he can turn it round as you say we shall see ?

Edited by ray c

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Yes I agree with you on that so perhaps Chris has now arrived in the last chance saloon . From a Poole point of view hopefully he can turn it round as you say we shall see ?

Like i have said  several times, a fit and focused Chris holder will blow away that average,  and still finish top of the standings. He is more than capable of putting a big hole in the GP standings even with these young upstarts in it. I am looking forward to welcoming him back and seeing him ride, everybody  knows what i think of him as a rider. even before he officially joined poole.

Edited by Starman2006

3 hours ago, ray c said:

Track work under way down the stadium in the rain

Yep i know. this weather will not help there cause  mate, they will not be able to move big machinery and dirt around in this. Its peeing down here in the poole area.

Edited by Starman2006

12 hours ago, tony159 said:

Dont think Chris would be a good chose , has a lot of things to prove this year and not really sure he is a great leader and motivator.

Like to give him a year first to show his true form and prove to everyone that he really has Poole at heart.

He's poole at heart mate, but matt wants him to just ride his bike which is understandable.. Josh has been a captain, and we need a motivator, of the others im not sure who's got the right demeanour..

Edited by Starman2006

4 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

He's poole at heart mate, but matt wants him to just ride his bike which is understandable.. Josh has been a captain, and we need a motivator, of the others im not sure who's got the right demeanour..

Personally I think giving the captaincy to Chris Holder would be a mistake, he has had a lot to deal with and I don't think the burden of captaincy would do him or the team any favours, Hans was a good captain and I think Josh could do just as good a job, leaving Chris to concentrate on his riding.

• Like 1