British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

28 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Er, what on earth has that got to do with anything? Kurtz rode at 1, Morris was protected with easier rides.  Swindon fans happy with Morris. Poole fans happy with Kurtz and a saving of the best part of a point.

Morris unlikely to improve his average. Kurtz likely to add a point.

Who is the best deal?

Protected at 5?He rides against the same members of the oppositions top 5 the same amount of times as Doyle and all number ones do.The only difference between the 1+5 is the number 1 rides against the no.6 once and the no.5 rides against the no.7 once.And between Kurtz and Morris you wouldn't expect any of those two to be beaten by a no. 6 or 7.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

If you are looking at value I think Tungate is likely to add more to his average than Morris or Kurtz. He was on fire at the end of last season, unbeaten in the Australian GP and now the outstanding rider in the Australian Championship. His confidence is going to be sky high.

Season is 2 months away. A lot changes in that time. Davey Watt looked a world beater again last winter and looked how that turned out. Polish press doing a lot of good stuff on tungate today. 

5 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Well he topped the league averages so though dominant may not quite be right, Morris was still the best part of a point below him and Doyle took the pressure off him. 

Now he is the teams star number one, theres question marks over whether he can go out and win the big heat 13 and 15’s. 

hopefully he does, always been a fan of him.

I believe he has really progressed nicely a steady burner like Thorssell at Wolves what people forget about Nick is how good he is from the back.He is very tenacious a real racer and i look forward to him progressing further this year.

Edited by Sidney the robin

41 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

he is not on the same plannet as adams , and dont forget a certain mr ward rode for you

Where have I said he’s on the same planet as Leigh, all I’ve said is he rides the Abbey as well as Leigh. I’ve been lucky to see Leigh ride at Swindon for all of his career & he is the master of the Abbey, Morris is fast becoming a master in his own right......oh, I watched Darcy & he wasn’t bad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

You clearly have an inability to read as I'd previously stated Kurtz has talent. 

Under no circumstances has he 'surpassed ' Morris, although I'd be interested to read how you quantify that. As the worst number one averaged rider (barring Rye) it's hardly anything for any fan to brag about. What you can brag about however is the development he has made in 2017. Signs are good.  However until he delivers that promise (that he may or may not happen) he is just a very promising emerging talent. In the  UK he has a way to go before anyone can say he is already a better rider than Morris who is clearly the better top flight rider before a wheel has turned in 2018.

Averages are a different thing.  

If you are choosing who to sign on averages you would probably go with Kurtz, however if you were looking to sign the better rider in the UK it would be Morris. 

You seem to be getting the 2 confused. 

No you'd go for Kurtz on both occasions. You seem to be getting a little confused. If you were choosing who to sign on averages, you'd go with Kurtz. If you were looking to sign the better rider in the UK, you'd go with Kurtz. If you were looking to sign the rider who demonstrates the best natural affinity for racing and talent on a Speedway bike, you'd sign Kurtz. In fact I don't see any scenario in which you'd pick Morris over Kurtz. Morris achieving a half a point better average over a season doesn't make him the better rider, in fact it shows that his 5 extra years of top flight experience has only earned him little over half a point difference in averages.

18 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Where have I said he’s on the same planet as Leigh, all I’ve said is he rides the Abbey as well as Leigh. I’ve been lucky to see Leigh ride at Swindon for all of his career & he is the master of the Abbey, Morris is fast becoming a master in his own right......oh, I watched Darcy & he wasn’t bad. 

Darcy was the best rider to ever grace a bike since Ivan Mauger.

36 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

No you'd go for Kurtz on both occasions. You seem to be getting a little confused. If you were choosing who to sign on averages, you'd go with Kurtz. If you were looking to sign the better rider in the UK, you'd go with Kurtz. If you were looking to sign the rider who demonstrates the best natural affinity for racing and talent on a Speedway bike, you'd sign Kurtz. In fact I don't see any scenario in which you'd pick Morris over Kurtz. Morris achieving a half a point better average over a season doesn't make him the better rider, in fact it shows that his 5 extra years of top flight experience has only earned him little over half a point difference in averages.

That's the same Brady Kurtz who guested for Doyley last season at the NSS in the KO Cup - and was worse than gash? :rolleyes:

Jesus f'ing Christ. Kurtz has big potential on the world stage IMO. Morris improved shed loads last season, held the team together when no Doyley and pretty much won us the league at Wolves. Both sets of fans like their number 1s and they will be in the top 5 of the averages next season. Who gives a F about the rest!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BurntFaceMan said:

No you'd go for Kurtz on both occasions. You seem to be getting a little confused. If you were choosing who to sign on averages, you'd go with Kurtz. If you were looking to sign the better rider in the UK, you'd go with Kurtz. 

You appear to be very confused. Under any description Kurtz is not the better rider in the UK right now. Maybe he will be end of 2018. But right now he isn't. 

You won't be able to provide an argument that challenges the facts. The ones you provided don't challenge the facts.

10 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

You appear to be very confused. Under any description Kurtz is not the better rider in the UK right now. Maybe he will be end of 2018. But right now he isn't. 

You won't be able to provide an argument that challenges the facts. The ones you provided don't challenge the facts.

A higher average makes him a better rider? How so? I do look forward to your facts.

29 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

A higher average makes him a better rider? How so? I do look forward to your facts.

Those are the facts, feel free to disagree with them.

Doyle had a higher top flight in the UK than Lindgren, was he the better rider in the UK last year? Well yes. (Separate argument about their top flight career versus their GP career)

Holder had a higher top flight average in the UK than Kasprzak, was he the better rider in the UK last year? Obviously.  (Separate argument ditto above)

Morris had a higher top flight average in the UK than Kurtz, was he the better rider Inn the UK last year? Obviously again yes ( separate argument that one is a few years older, longer top flight career versus a fledging one).

Either way I'm sure you will argue against the facts. And you will be wrong again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

You clearly have an inability to read as I'd previously stated Kurtz has talent. 

Under no circumstances has he 'surpassed ' Morris, although I'd be interested to read how you quantify that. As the worst number one averaged rider (barring Rye) it's hardly anything for any fan to brag about. What you can brag about however is the development he has made in 2017. Signs are good.  However until he delivers that promise (that he may or may not happen) he is just a very promising emerging talent. In the  UK he has a way to go before anyone can say he is already a better rider than Morris who is clearly the better top flight rider before a wheel has turned in 2018.

Averages are a different thing.  

If you are choosing who to sign on averages you would probably go with Kurtz, however if you were looking to sign the better rider in the UK it would be Morris. 

You seem to be getting the 2 confused. 

We will ignore Kings Lynn's number one

6 minutes ago, ray c said:

i see the poole gala dinner   has been announced for the seventy years of speedway at poole £80 per head i think that rules out genuine supporters who go every week :D

I thought you were joking until I saw for myself! £80 is ridiculous, I can't see them putting many bums on seats by charging that much.