British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

Jesus christ this thread is something else. 

Sundstrom was a near 8 pointer when riding in this league a few years ago, hes got better as a rider and the league has been watered down hugely.

i am no fan of Poole and to be honest most of their fans annoy the hell out of me but if they round this team off with Sundstrom and Shanes, it really does look head and shoulders above any of the rest. 

Kurtz is a young improving star of the future, Holder at worst will hold his average, Josh G averaged 7 riding at number one last season and starts as a third heatleader, Sundstrom is a quality rider who can ride all tracks big or small, Woryna is a hot prospect who will surely make a mockery of his average, the other Pole is the stand out reserve in the league and Shanes is improving and has a year under his belt plus has secured more meetings for 2018.

sorry but if any other team announced this line up nearly every fan on here would be saying how good it looks.

given the rules and averages etc, it is the stand out side. Thats assuming Shanes and Sundstrom sign but it looks so good that even if they dont, they will still take some stopping.

Sundstrom was very good at his home track Peterborough to get the figure he did so he will still do well to average eight.He is talented though but Hans for me is a great team man and Poole will miss that.

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Sundstrom was very good at his home track Peterborough to get the figure he did so he will still do well to average eight.He is talented though but Hans for me is a great team man and Poole will miss that.

Hans will be missed great team man off the track awful on it, very good at nearly taking his team mate off at times last year. That's the only area Hans should look at - his team mate on track. I would class Hans now as a journeyman, will he add to his 7.75? I don't think so will probably sustain that but won't improve. Sometimes it's better to look ahead, getting a younger rider in who will improve year on year is a good option. 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

quite agree cant see where our team man wiil come from next season holder dont thnk so . josh i suppose next best thing :)

Edited by ray c

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Hans will be missed great team man off the track awful on it, very good at nearly taking his team mate off at times last year. That's the only area Hans should look at - his team mate on track. I would class Hans now as a journeyman, will he add to his 7.75? I don't think so will probably sustain that but won't improve. Sometimes it's better to look ahead, getting a younger rider in who will improve year on year is a good option. 

Maybe once or twice he hasn't looked for his team mate but generally i think he does, Holder never team rides, Darcy used to team ride Holder. All speedway riders are journeymen! Hans will be missed, we may win the league but it won't be because we got rid of Hans. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

Andersen still a very good rider but throws in too many duff rides these days. 

Always liked him, crazy to think he never won a medal in the GPs. I think it was 05/06 that he was, Imo, the best rider in world speedway. 

But definately his average is only going one way and I think its a good move from Ford to release him now. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Andersen still a very good rider but throws in too many duff rides these days. 

Always liked him, crazy to think he never won a medal in the GPs. I think it was 05/06 that he was, Imo, the best rider in world speedway. 

But definately his average is only going one way and I think its a good move from Ford to release him now. 

Not being pedantic but his average was 7.15 in 2016, 7.75 in 2017.

20 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Starry had an op to remove a non-cancerous brain tumour. It all went successfully at Southampton General and he is now in the recuperation/recovery stages.

Thank you for the update. 

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Brady fluffs another final......

Yes real shame all championship done well in the heats and lets himself down in the final. Needs to work on that area of his mind as he often fluffs heat 15 at Poole when on for a max. Let's not forget he is extremely young still and will get it right but in the end.

• Like 1

Absolutely agree he is still young but it is already becoming a trait of his

All the talent in the world wont make up for it if he cant get it right between the ears when the crunch time comes....

I watched it and yes he fluffed the final. But really he could have laid it down in heat 20 and become Champ. In heat 20 Tv clearly showed Tungate touch the tapes, but the ref didn’t exclude him. In the rerun Tungate took a leaf straight out of NP’s book, took two looks, then battered into the side of Kurtz on lap 2 going down the straight. Kurtz somehow managed to stay on but his hand came off the handlebars and he could easily have fallen. Crump said in commentary that Kurtz did remarkably well to regain control. A lay down would have meant Tungate excluded and Kurtz as Champ.

A very good meeting to watch and the streaming was excellent overall. I would certainly subscribe to a British version of this if there was no TV deal.

So Tungate simply wanted it more then and done what was needed - it was to decide a National Championship after all.

The ref obviously didnt see it as unfair and you roll the dice and take the odds

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Brady fluffs another final......

And some said he is a cut above the rest. :rolleyes:

How many times has he fluffed it during this 4 round series. Still a huge way to go to be considered a cut above.

Great talent all the same.