British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

He should add to his average if he's happy.

Hope Buster has it grippy when the Poole are in town,and have the Lynn boys practicing before the meeting :P

Personally I would of had Shanes and Hans as the other 2,if they fitted.

I personally hope Poole have not shafted James Shanes as he needs to do two league's i can't understand why he wasn't announced along with Woryna.Kurtz,Woryna,Shanes, would of been my first  three signing's and build the team around them nice that Poole are showing real confidence in the lad  just hope it works out for James.

Edited by Sidney the robin

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

MF has explained that Shanes is his preferred option - but it depends on the average of the final rider!!  James will still get 2 league action cos if he's not at Poole he'll be at BV .

lucky belle vue unlucky us most excitting rider at the stadium last season and may not ride for us :::

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

MF has explained that Shanes is his preferred option - but it depends on the average of the final rider!!  James will still get 2 league action cos if he's not at Poole he'll be at BV .

Surely if Shanes is Fords preferred option,the final riders average should fit around Shanes average not the other way around.If Shanes is preferred,you have two spaces left put him in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I hope he ends up at Belle Vue the best racetrack we have in the  Country,  and Belle Vue are the biggest and most famous club in speedway.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Surely if Shanes is Fords preferred option,the final riders average should fit around Shanes average not the other way around.If Shanes is preferred,you have two spaces left put him in.

Its all down to Poland. If the 3 club rule is relaxed Shanes will be in. But if not then Matt has other options which might mean there are more or less points available, like he said in todays Echo. Might be 2 5 pointers rather than an 8 and a 2.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Its all down to Poland. If the 3 club rule is relaxed Shanes will be in. But if not then Matt has other options which might mean there are more or less points available, like he said in todays Echo. Might be 2 5 pointers rather than an 8 and a 2.

Impossible to be another 8. High 7 maybe. 

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I am sure there are many riders that will fit around Shanes average.To me Shanes is part of a preferred combination,not preferred as an individual.

Is the other rider meant to be Sundstrom,does he ride 3 leagues?I know he does Poland and Sweden.Don't they class the 2 leagues in Sweden as just riding in their home league.

29 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Impossible to be another 8. High 7 maybe. 

Shanes plus a rider up to 7.85. Making Chris Holder a second string. So Hampel plus Shanes, or Kolodziej plus shanes, or Madsen plus Shanes fits.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Passing because away riders gate and don't ride in the right place on the track and the Wolves riders pass them. Better racing at Somerset and BV I suspect. 

Name a track where the following doesn't occur -  an away rider gates but the home rider more often than not seems to pass therm because they know the track better.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Shanes plus a rider up to 7.85. Making Chris Holder a second string. So Hampel plus Shanes, or Kolodziej plus shanes, or Madsen plus Shanes fits.

those combinations could be a big gamble based on last yrs crowd figures,going to be a very strong team anyway,think the last signings have to be a financial fit as much as anything

26 minutes ago, poole keith said:

those combinations could be a big gamble based on last yrs crowd figures,going to be a very strong team anyway,think the last signings have to be a financial fit as much as anything

If there are two 5  pointers rather than a 8/2 rider what is the chance of there being a change in the season surely it has to be Shanes and another.?