British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

4 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So if Chris returns and James we still have a massive 7.78 for the final rider! Based on Chris 7.16 and James 2.95!

With the rider rumoured to come in for the other second string berth, Shanes position might be at risk.

6 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

No, you just listed the only possible outcomes. Brexit will either backfire and prove all those leavers wrong or be a success and prove all those remainers wrong. You've not actually said anything of any value.

Your post was trying to suggest that their averages should have been reassessed, but actually you don't have a clue whether or not they need to be reassessed at all. Basically, you don't like the idea of Poole playing a decent hand, and therefore would like it so that Poole couldn't possibly take such a risk by having their averages reassessed to a level that makes the risk unattractive to Poole (or any other team for that matter). 

I know you guys are still crying over Doyley but you need to move on and worry about 2018 rather than telling us how nobody is going to be scared by our signings (which is funny considering you clearly aren't decided on whether they are going to flop or massively out perform their averages lol) .

Clearly you're a little scared or you wouldn't be hovering round our thread like flies on sh*t.

You keep trying to put forward what YOU think I am saying/feeling. Whatever YOU think - it is my opinion that I gave and I don't need you to try and analyse it to what YOU want me to say/feel :rolleyes:

Just now, Steve0 said:

You keep trying to put forward what YOU think I am saying/feeling. Whatever YOU think - it is my opinion that I gave and I don't need you to try and analyse it to what YOU want me to say/feel :rolleyes:

... You said it was either going to backfire, or prove that averages need to be reassessed? Which shows you clearly haven't a clue which way it is going to go, which in turn moots your argument that all riders should be reassessed, does it not smarty pants? ;). Your posts have more holes in them than Swiss cheese! :rofl:

You either believe that our signings will make a mockery of their average, proving your point that all riders should be reassessed and contradicting your comment that the 7 other teams will not be scared of them, or you believe that they will flop, contradicting and invalidating your point that all riders should be reassessed? Either way you've contradicted yourself and now look a tool.

1 minute ago, BurntFaceMan said:

... You said it was either going to backfire, or prove that averages need to be reassessed? Which shows you clearly haven't a clue which way it is going to go, which in turn moots your argument that all riders should be reassessed, does it not smarty pants? ;). Your posts have more holes in them than Swiss cheese! :rofl:

You either believe that our signings will make a mockery of their average, proving your point that all riders should be reassessed and contradicting your comment that the 7 other teams will not be scared of them, or you believe that they will flop, contradicting and invalidating your point that all riders should be reassessed? Either way you've contradicted yourself and now look a tool.

It's nothing to do with whether any particular rider who didn't race here in 2017 does better or worse than a pre 2017 average. It's a matter of principle, fairness and transparency that all riders are treated the same and to reassess GP riders who did not race here last year but not other riders who didn't is illogical and unfair.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Name me two other sub five pointers with as much potential.

True, but they are two Poles so let's see how committed they are and if their Polish clubs stick their oars in at all.

I'm sure you were telling all and sundry this time last year how good Poole were going to be so your comments are best taken with a pinch of salt really.

18 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Clearly you are not a smarty pants.  I have not contradicted myself - I gave two points of view which wasn't good enough for you and by saying things that YOU have summised, I think it is you that is looking foolish.  Either way, I'm not going to debate with you further!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

It's nothing to do with whether any particular rider who didn't race here in 2017 does better or worse than a pre 2017 average. It's a matter of principle, fairness and transparency that all riders are treated the same and to reassess GP riders who did not race here last year but not other riders who didn't is illogical and unfair.

But it is irrelevant when you do not know how to reassess them. If you default to reassessing all riders with an average so high that the risk of signing them is too high to take, then you make a league where we slowly exclude every rider that misses a season in the country.

The reason Steve0 made himself look so stupid is that he doesn't actually have a clue whether or not the riders need to be reassessed, he just wants the outcome that benefits his team most.

2 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Clearly you are not a smarty pants.  I have not contradicted myself - I gave two points of view which wasn't good enough for you and by saying things that YOU have summised, I think it is you that is looking foolish.  Either way, I'm not going to debate with you further!

Translation.. you called me out, I'm not playing anymore.