British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

27 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

How many times is it said though the BSPA don't do nothing 

Yup We know. But now they are going to have to..

26 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

How many times is it said though the BSPA don't do nothing 

Well in Jon Cooks decent article today on the Lakeside website he says that there is a BSPA Association meeting next week.

They could hold it as an extraordinary meeting in view of the dire circumstances the sport is facing. Even if it is to get an agreement in principal on how they approach the annual BSPA Conference and do they really need to get their backsides into gear a lot earlier than November in order to put in a framework for the sport that stops some either shutting up shop or walking away from the sport.

It's surely got to be at the stage now where some major surgery is performed and not pussy footing around so that we lose more clubs and more importantly supporters.

if many of these people with decent and successful business interests cannot find a solution then we are on a one way ticket out. Fortunately we still have decent youngsters coming through in the N/L worth watching, but what kind of message does this send to them from a speedway career perspective if they see the sport going to the wall and slowly self destructing itself.

Suspect Ford has had enough losing money year on year. Also his team building has been well calculated but badly executed recently - the riders are to blame for that.

I fear for the future of Poole without Ford. With the shambolic state of the sport in the UK, no commitment by top riders and no decent sponsorship,  who would be willing to step in knowing any investment will give little or no return?

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

I really hope not. It will probably stop me from going.

I think this will be a massive AGM this Winter Steve..

23 minutes ago, poole keith said:

stadia uk have a long lease from the council for the complex,the speedway sublets from them, the details of that would be private but i do know talks on rent,staffing etc have at times been shall we say  tense.

So he has only the team and speedway rights to sell?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

So he has only the team and speedway rights to sell?

Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps then....

• Like 1