British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I agree that Grazonek needs a face to face with Matt Ford. So he can be given his marching orders. Been crap all year with no signs of improvement. Had all the time needed to sort himself. No more.

No i wouldnt say he's been crap all year Steve some of his scores are what you would expect from him, just very inconsistant and i do feel a face to face private behind closed doors chat with Matt should open things up should he have issues.

Edited by Starman2006

Reading the above comments. I agree with most that has been said. Even Shovlar's

It comes down to one man and one man only....................MIDDLEDITCH. 

Coincidence that when those riders mentioned above left the club they kicked on but they was hit and miss for us.

Now we have a new team this year and these riders aren't performing either apart from 1 or two.

All under Middlo's management. Needs to go. You cant tell me Matt has put together poor teams the last few years because he hasn't. 

Bottom line is hardly any riders have performed like they can all under 1 man's guidance. 

Middlo is the problem. Any other club Grajczonek would have got sacked or would have been given a warning. Yet Middleditch want's to defend the guy in the Bournemouth Echo for being atrocious. 

He can't get the best out of Brady Kurtz, Hans Andersen, Krzysztof Kasprzak, Jack Holder, Adam Ellis, Josh Grajczonek and many others.

Like I said last night when Middleditch was successful he managing teams with 2/3 World Class riders in them. Since those times he has done nothing.

Get the ex Glasgow manager in charge and start a new era. All good things must come to an end at some point and now it's time for Middlo to leave.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I agree that Grazonek needs a face to face with Matt Ford. So he can be given his marching orders. Been crap all year with no signs of improvement. Had all the time needed to sort himself. No more.

Even though I agree.........It's far too late now. I told you this ages ago. We are finishing bottom unless Matt can get Janowski in or a rider of a similar standard.

We get rid of Grajczonek but we still have a lot  more problems in the side.

Brady Kurtz is a problem. He's not a No.1 and is unreliable in big Heats.

Mat Szczepaniak is no good period. 

Richie Worrall is having to ride at No.3/No.5 when he is a 2nd string who should be riding at No.2/No.4

Best to forget about this season Steve because it's only going to get worse.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

If it was up to me then I would accept your offer. At least Bellego puts in a good performance now and then.

Why don’t you bring Poolepiratesfanatic into your conversation too?  You never know you might all disagree!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Reading the above comments. I agree with most that has been said. Even Shovlar's

It comes down to one man and one man only....................MIDDLEDITCH. 

Coincidence that when those riders mentioned above left the club they kicked on but they was hit and miss for us.

Now we have a new team this year and these riders aren't performing either apart from 1 or two.

All under Middlo's management. Needs to go. You cant tell me Matt has put together poor teams the last few years because he hasn't. 

Bottom line is hardly any riders have performed like they can all under 1 man's guidance. 

Middlo is the problem. Any other club Grajczonek would have got sacked or would have been given a warning. Yet Middleditch want's to defend the guy in the Bournemouth Echo for being atrocious. 

He can't get the best out of Brady Kurtz, Hans Andersen, Krzysztof Kasprzak, Jack Holder, Adam Ellis, Josh Grajczonek and many others.

Like I said last night when Middleditch was successful he managing teams with 2/3 World Class riders in them. Since those times he has done nothing.

Get the ex Glasgow manager in charge and start a new era. All good things must come to an end at some point and now it's time for Middlo to leave.

Sorry mate. Short and sweet. Neil is not the problem Neil is a very good team manager, once they leave the pits it is out of Neils hands anything can happen in the race, you should know that., As ive said before, once a trainer gives a jock instructions in the parade ring once that horse leave the parade ring it is out of the trainers hands. And in  a 20 runner h'Cap you can get stopped in your run that will not be planned . The riders get paid by poole to ride. No scores no pay.

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

No i wouldnt say he's been crap all year Steve some of his scores are what you would expect from him, just very inconsistant and i do feel a face to face private behind closed doors chat with Matt should open things up should he have issues.

He has had very few half decent meetings and only then against weak teams. He has to go.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

He has had very few half decent meetings and only then against weak teams. He has to go.

Only beat whats in front of you, same applied last night..

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Changes afoot - will surprise a few!!!! :rolleyes:;):t:

There you go Skidder. You are throwing us some scraps again to tease us ;).

I always take on board comments you release as you are normally close to hearing whats going on locally :)

One thing I didnt factor in to an earlier post about where we might sit after 5th July is the fact that as it stands on the rolling GSA Av, come the next GSA's we could see Klindt and Woryna switch with Klindt going into  reserve. Certainly makes us weaker than having Woryna in there. According to Poole site the stats show as of today with the rolling av Woryna is on 6.15 and Klindt on 5.73. We should not be surprised as at the very start of the season I was so hoping that Woryna would be our first  reserve where he would have had it easier while trying to get his set up right and get used to our UK tracks again. Unfortunately Matt thought better by going for a so called strength in depth team with the mighty Spaniak coming in. 

For sure irrespective of what the GSA's showed on Spaniak from many seasons ago, Matt seriously thought that based on his POL Nice League form of 2017 where he was top of the rider league rankings and his reasonably decent SEC form, he would probably be on at least 6.5 to 7 per meeting in UK after a few matches to bed in. That's my opinion on it. He was never signed to be a 4.5 to 5 point guy as IMO Matt would never have undertaken the expense.

There are a whole host of reasons for the problems this season in the team which could fill pages. Starting with the Holder issue even before we started. The bottom line is the riders on the track for one reason or another have not performed. I honestly don't believe Holder would have made too much difference anyway as he is back scoring not much different to last season. His best days are behind him and if he is not careful he will be out on his ar** in Torun as well as they continue to under perform as a team with him being one of the culprits.

We keep saying plenty to still play for but to me it will take a Herculean effort from whatever team to get anywhere near the top 4. It seems whoever we put in the team - you get one or two perform and other key members not.

Josh is not a bad rider overnight but you have to admit the timing with him culling the Champ for constant commuting back and forth to POL for both training and not even guaranteed matches is'nt without coincidence. Have never thought he would go to the top even though Matt said some seasons ago he saw him as a possible GP rider. Well you know Matt puts possible spin on as much as he can when it comes to the press/Echo. However we was always for me a steady 6.5 to 7.5 rider. Now he is nearer 5.5 he has been going that badly this season.

Notice you say CHANGES afoot. Indicates maybe more than one. Wouldnt surprise me to see Wright as one of them being an asset wont cost him anything.

I remain to be convinced. Maybe the odd rumour about MJ Jepsen has gathered some pace as he seems to have rediscovered the form he promised some years ago. Doing well in POL & SWE but who knows.

I await with eager interest ;)

5 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

There you go Skidder. You are throwing us some scraps again to tease us ;).

I always take on board comments you release as you are normally close to hearing whats going on locally :)

One thing I didnt factor in to an earlier post about where we might sit after 5th July is the fact that as it stands on the rolling GSA Av, come the next GSA's we could see Klindt and Woryna switch with Klindt going into  reserve. Certainly makes us weaker than having Woryna in there. According to Poole site the stats show as of today with the rolling av Woryna is on 6.15 and Klindt on 5.73. We should not be surprised as at the very start of the season I was so hoping that Woryna would be our first  reserve where he would have had it easier while trying to get his set up right and get used to our UK tracks again. Unfortunately Matt thought better by going for a so called strength in depth team with the mighty Spaniak coming in. 

For sure irrespective of what the GSA's showed on Spaniak from many seasons ago, Matt seriously thought that based on his POL Nice League form of 2017 where he was top of the rider league rankings and his reasonably decent SEC form, he would probably be on at least 6.5 to 7 per meeting in UK after a few matches to bed in. That's my opinion on it. He was never signed to be a 4.5 to 5 point guy as IMO Matt would never have undertaken the expense.

There are a whole host of reasons for the problems this season in the team which could fill pages. Starting with the Holder issue even before we started. The bottom line is the riders on the track for one reason or another have not performed. I honestly don't believe Holder would have made too much difference anyway as he is back scoring not much different to last season. His best days are behind him and if he is not careful he will be out on his ar** in Torun as well as they continue to under perform as a team with him being one of the culprits.

We keep saying plenty to still play for but to me it will take a Herculean effort from whatever team to get anywhere near the top 4. It seems whoever we put in the team - you get one or two perform and other key members not.

Josh is not a bad rider overnight but you have to admit the timing with him culling the Champ for constant commuting back and forth to POL for both training and not even guaranteed matches is'nt without coincidence. Have never thought he would go to the top even though Matt said some seasons ago he saw him as a possible GP rider. Well you know Matt puts possible spin on as much as he can when it comes to the press/Echo. However we was always for me a steady 6.5 to 7.5 rider. Now he is nearer 5.5 he has been going that badly this season.

Notice you say CHANGES afoot. Indicates maybe more than one. Wouldnt surprise me to see Wright as one of them being an asset wont cost him anything.

I remain to be convinced. Maybe the odd rumour about MJ Jepsen has gathered some pace as he seems to have rediscovered the form he promised some years ago. Doing well in POL & SWE but who knows.

I await with eager interest ;)

Nope good riders do not  become bad riders over night without a reason. But for whatever the reason Josh has not perfomed as we expected him to.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He isn’t beating what is in front of him. Nearly all riders are in front of him!

As i said, some of his scores have been what we would expect of him, but for whatever reason he's not been as consistant as he nor us would expect.