British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

Well if that is what Josh is doing it is affecting his UK form badly.

As mentioned a more than competent rider in Champ and Prem and much admired especially at Rye where he guested a lot a few seasons ago.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Just Chris coming back isn't the answer.

And what else do you suggest with the averages we have to play with. ?

30 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

And what else do you suggest with the averages we have to play with. ?

In my view the team will be rebuilt to the 42.5 average , like for like replacements won't work as most of the riders have dropped their average and I would like to see Richie kept, already looks a good addition after one meeting!

Edited by foreverblue

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

In my view the team will be rebuilt to the 42.5 average , like for like replacements won't work as most of the riders have dropped their average and I would like to see Richie kept, already looks a good addition after one meeting!

Any suggestions then ?

19 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Its going to be interesting as a lot will be to do with timing. If he gets it right he could well bring in an 8 pointer plus Chris H to replace both Sundstrom and Grazoniak and get within the 42.5 limit. I know it sounds crazy but for that also to happen Brady MUST keep his 20 meeting rolling GSA below 8. Timing again dictates he has to achieve that over the next home meeting and maybe also the one after against Wolves depending on when Matt would juggle all the figures for a redeclaration. His official GSA prior to last night was 7.64 and after yesterday crept up to 7.67. Fortunately its gauged over the last 20 meetings.

Of course Spaniak and Woryna have crept up to 4.92 and 5.08 and will probably go up again against Rye House and Wolves ?? - However to offset that Sundstrom has gone down to 5.33 as fortunately for team building purposes his 10 bonus points don't count on the GSA's.

I am sure that Matt has all of the figures well in hand as he contemplates maybe building/redeclaring the team within the 42.5 point limit.

As a footnote I assume Nielsen will keep his 3.67 point limit irrespective come the new GSA's effective after the meeting with Wolves on 23/5 as he would not have ridden the 4H&4A meetings to qualify for a new GSA come 1st June. Another small bonus as his 2 meeting GSA has crept up to 4.5 and may climb a bit higher after 2 home meetings.

Having said all this there is of course the small matters of 1) Can he afford an 8 pointer 2) Would one want to come to the UK anyway with so many already committed to POL/SWE/DK/SEC/SGP/National Team and all the SGP qualifiers riders such as Piotr Pawliki will be trying to qualify for.

The next 2 weeks definitely going to be interesting.

13 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Loving all the Poole ducking and diving and keeping this average or dropping that, but let’s face it, you’re doomed. :)

Nuh its called keeping the forum topic interesting.

It might work or it might fail. Who knows, but for those of us genuinely interested in the sport doesnt do any harm to try and engage in sensible dialogue rather than personal peeing contests ;-)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Is this still a grey area or not as brady was just over 8 at the start of the season 

The rules differentiate between initial declaration and other declarations.  One eight pointer only applies to initial declaration.  I am sure the BSPA have a great reason for such logic in their rules...

18.5.1 A SGB Premiership Team’s initial Declaration must not exceed 42.50 and may include ONLY one rider with an MA of 8.00 or above.
18.5.2 An SGB Championship Teams initial Declaration must not exceed 42.50. A rider with a 2017 Premiership MA of 6.00 or above cannot participate in the Championship League unless they have a 2017 Championship MA, except where a rider has been previously eligible to compete in the Conference or National Development League and their MA fits for them to participate in both the Premiership and Championship.
18.5.3 It must not exceed 42.50 points in any declaration following the issue of established CMA’s for 2018, except where the MA of the introduced rider is equal to, or lower than the rider being replaced.

41 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

we scored a point more than Swindon last night and a easy 3 more coming up tomorrow so not doomed no..

Hardly a strong defence - considering Poole were racing against Rye House.  Both teams looking for the wooden spoon currently!

1 hour ago, blupanther said:

Lets hope its better than Baldrick's :D

Matt has been known for his cunning stunts

I think thats what I mean anyway..... :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1