British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

One month into the season.  Plenty of time for fortune to change.    I did read Middleditch's quote "No need to panic or have a team change as it's early in the season".    Then a team change happened within a few days.   That says his views aren't the same as Ford's which would worry me.    Could be wrong but I have a feeling Middleditch is a YES man to Ford so that he keeps his job.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Ill admit I was arrogant at the start of the season.

And ill admit that I deserve all of the come backs from it. I'm not running away from it because I deserve it after running my mouth about how good we are. I can take the backlash. I ran my mouth therefore I can take it. 

But now I realise that Gavan was right. I realise the Poles are not suited to British shores. I realise that Sundstrom is a flop. 

So when I say it's season over unless 3 changes are made it's not antagonizing and it's not trolling. It's my opinion. You and others might see a turn around at some point but I don't.

You try to get a reaction out of me. But I'm not giving you one. It's my opinion and at the end of the season if we don't qualify for the play-offs then I can come on here and say I told you so or if we do make the play-offs then you can come on here and say we told you so.

I'm openly honest about my replies and comments if I feel like changes need to be made then I will say changes need to be made. But because I want change people try to jump down my throat with ridiculous replies. 

Not all poles are not suited to these shores, we've had some very good poles ride for us. oh, and sunstrom is not polish..

2 minutes ago, lewy said:

Mff you can't debate or  discuss with a idiot so I wouldn't bother if I was in your shoes. Nowhere have you stated sunstrom was polish.

Bet you would like to be in my shoes as well. There's been some fair debate today then you turned up,  Now who's the idiot...

Edited by Starman2006

OMG - this thread has been in meltdown today - not because of the speedway but about certain posters.  Personally MFF doesn't bother me because I put him on ignore a long time ago and I only ever get to see his posts when others respond.  It's not important who he is and he has trolled for several years now and nothing he says bothers me.  Why people continue to feed the troll is baffling but each to their own.

Back to the speedway, Poole have started badly but no one is dumb enough to write them off - they only need to make the top 4 and the premiership title will still be within reach!  I still think they will be in the playoffs but they have definitely made it hard for themselves.

The only way is up - they can't go any lower!

36 minutes ago, Mark said:

One month into the season.  Plenty of time for fortune to change.    I did read Middleditch's quote "No need to panic or have a team change as it's early in the season".    Then a team change happened within a few days.   That says his views aren't the same as Ford's which would worry me.    Could be wrong but I have a feeling Middleditch is a YES man to Ford so that he keeps his job.

Middlo has admitted that Ford picks the team & he manages those picked.

Wouldn't say he’s 100% a yes man but he isn’t far off.

• Like 2

RE: Ross Bennett

I'd like to clarify MFF is definitely not Ross.

I'm a good friend of Ross's dad and hence know Ross well. For a start he does attend at Wimborne Road, when he can. I know what is real identity on here is. Yes, he's a enthusiastic young Pirates fan.

If anyone wants to discuss it with me, come and see me tomorrow night, I'll be in the turn 1 end of the grandstand about 3 rows up and will be wearing a grey Pirates cap.

I don't usually post on here due to a lot of the petty bickering that goes on but I do feel the need to defend Ross and his privacy.

9 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Wow some fab racing

Both Chris and Darcy were a joy to watch and have in the Poole team.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

OMG - this thread has been in meltdown today - not because of the speedway but about certain posters.  Personally MFF doesn't bother me because I put him on ignore a long time ago and I only ever get to see his posts when others respond.  It's not important who he is and he has trolled for several years now and nothing he says bothers me.  Why people continue to feed the troll is baffling but each to their own.

Back to the speedway, Poole have started badly but no one is dumb enough to write them off - they only need to make the top 4 and the premiership title will still be within reach!  I still think they will be in the playoffs but they have definitely made it hard for themselves.

The only way is up - they can't go any lower!

Plenty of trolls and nasty people on here mate. Several have gone on ignore.  I can count the decent posters on two hands nowadays sadly. there was some good conversation and banter going on today, sadly ruined by the mindless few.

Edited by Starman2006

7 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

good score from kildermand tonight 12+1 :lol:

Not so from the mercurial Sundstrom. A heady 2 from 4 rides. 

Seems he is continuing his good form shown for |Poole and Gorzow (not). I can see him losing at least 2 of this 3 team slots at this rate. Sorry forgot he also rides in SWE League 2 so maybe he can score a few points against those riders who are lower class.

Having said that tonight in sweden Woryna scored only 4 from 4 rides incl one tape exclusion and Holder only scored 7 paid 8 from 5.

Seems only Brady is holding it up at the moment. Kildermand finally got it together though with 12 plus 1 from six after a pointless first ride.

6 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Not so from the mercurial Sundstrom. A heady 2 from 4 rides. 

Seems he is continuing his good form shown for |Poole and Gorzow (not). I can see him losing at least 2 of this 3 team slots at this rate. Sorry forgot he also rides in SWE League 2 so maybe he can score a few points against those riders who are lower class.

Having said that tonight in sweden Woryna scored only 4 from 4 rides incl one tape exclusion and Holder only scored 7 paid 8 from 5.

Seems only Brady is holding it up at the moment. Kildermand finally got it together though with 12 plus 1 from six after a pointless first ride.

Killer is a Robin through & through. We Swindon fans have seen many nights of him falling off whilst miles in front sometimes.