British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

31 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lol! Poole team looks far superior to Swindons in every single department. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Roll on our trip to Blunsdon.

Delusional or trolling?

Kurtz v Morris.................Morris has shown himself to be the better rider in the UK but lets say equal

Holder v Batch..............Again nothing in it 2 riders on the downgrade

Josh v Musielek...........no contest Musielek every time

?  v Bellego............so we dont know who the Poole rider is yet but it will have to be someone pretty good to be better than Bellego did last year

Woryna v Ellis...................on Uk tracks you would have Ellis every time

Saucepan v Zach..................abroad saucepan, over here who knows but im prepared to vote saucepan

Shanes v Davey.................no contest Shanes every time

Cant see for the life of me how Poole are superior in every department......................bit like last season then lol

Edited by Gavan
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

I'l give it till end of May before hes gone. 

Signing s rider that doesn't want to be there. Can see another KK on the card. Surprised Ford has taken the risk. 

Nevertheless it' a GP rider in the league so well done for that 

I don't think he ever said he didn't want to ride for us it was just that he wanted Jack to ride for us too, i am sure that will probably happen next sesaon but Jack seems to be out of favour with Matt Ford at the moment for very good reasons, so Chris probably tried to get a deal with Somerset to ride with his brother which wasn't allowed to happen as he already had a team place with Poole.

55 minutes ago, ray c said:

If Poland don't relax 3 team rule then James will not be there and I for one will be disappointed. 

11 minutes ago, ray c said:

No but Linus sundstrom is 

So what has it got to do with anyone called James? :) Guessing typo.  Sundstrom signed up in Danish league?

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

7.85 remaining for last rider if Shanes is back.

Which figure is incorrect?

Kurtz    8.08
Grajczonek    7.34
Holder    7.16
Szczepaniak    4.93
Woryna    4.65
Shanes    2.95

14 minutes ago, Col said:

So what has it got to do with anyone called James? :) Guessing typo.  Sundstrom signed up in Danish league?

Kurtz    8.08
Grajczonek    7.34
Holder    7.16
Szczepaniak    4.93
Woryna    4.65
Shanes    2.95

Szczepaniak 4.54 ?

http://www.poolepirates.co/news/2017-12-11_polish-pair-named-for-pirates-platinum-season.html

Edited by contronatura

24 minutes ago, contronatura said:

The side looks quite attractive i am certainly looking forward to watching them the two poles and Shanes especially but i am  not convinced this side will win anything.

1 hour ago, Col said:

Kurtz    8.08
Grajczonek    7.34
Holder    7.16
Szczepaniak    4.93
Woryna    4.65
Shanes    2.95

Szczepaniak is 4.54 and Shanes on 2.88 (2.5% discount on 2.95 for James) so 7.85 left for the final rider.

Matt won't take up all that 7.85 so he'll have a bit extra to play with when the team is redeclared if necessary?!;);)

8 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I can't see Chris Holder agreeing to return to Wimbourne Road without Matt Ford offering a guarantee of a decent track surface for 2018?

The track didn't seem to give him any problems when KL won at Wimborne Road last season!!

...and if all goes to plan with the final signings then Holder will start as a 2nd string!!  Can't wait......:shock::D

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 2

I know its still early, but would be nice if Chris at least did a twitter comment saying he was pleased to be back at Poole. Well that is if he is happy to be back.

Also Mr Ward not jumping in with an enthusiastic comment other than a sarcy "News to me"

The silence from Chris is a little deafening to say the least.

Just hope he hasn't signed through gritted teeth due to lack of other UK options and Matt not being happy to let him go other than on a full transfer as an asset.

I assume Chris will at some stage break his silence ?? - Well lets hope so otherwise it will say a lot about his resigning...

23 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I know its still early, but would be nice if Chris at least did a twitter comment saying he was pleased to be back at Poole. Well that is if he is happy to be back.

Also Mr Ward not jumping in with an enthusiastic comment other than a sarcy "News to me"

The silence from Chris is a little deafening to say the least.

Just hope he hasn't signed through gritted teeth due to lack of other UK options and Matt not being happy to let him go other than on a full transfer as an asset.

I assume Chris will at some stage break his silence ?? - Well lets hope so otherwise it will say a lot about his resigning...

Did he have any other option than to ride for poole maybe not ?

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Delusional or trolling?

Kurtz v Morris.................Morris has shown himself to be the better rider in the UK but lets say equal

Holder v Batch..............Again nothing in it 2 riders on the downgrade

Josh v Musielek...........no contest Musielek every time

?  v Bellego............so we dont know who the Poole rider is yet but it will have to be someone pretty good to be better than Bellego did last year

Woryna v Ellis...................on Uk tracks you would have Ellis every time

Saucepan v Zach..................abroad saucepan, over here who knows but im prepared to vote saucepan

Shanes v Davey.................no contest Shanes every time

Cant see for the life of me how Poole are superior in every department......................bit like last season then lol

Josh G was one place below Musielek in the final averages last season having rode at number one all season in a struggling team compared to Musielak riding half the season as a second string for the title winners so fail to see how thats a no contest. 

Also Woryna over Ellis , you have to be joking surely. 

As I have already said, IF Shanes and someone like Sundstrom is the final signing this side will take some stopping IMO. 

Can you imagine Holder gets back to somewhere near his best, Sundstrom signs (he will average 8 in this league no question), Kurtz carries on improving, Woryna brings even half of his Polish form to Poole and the other Pole even just holds his average... lots of ifs but they look more than likely to happen. This Poole side is head and shoulders above the rest and anyone who thinks otherwise is either anti Poole, thick or both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1