British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

11 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Can’t agree with this.  Yes Brady has progressed quicker than Morris but another (current world champion) was the same and who would have thought Doyle would make the SGPs let alone dominate them for two years.  If Morris continues like last year then he may surprise a few and even make progress in Poland.

At this point in time, Brady certainly looks the better long term option but write Morris off at your peril!

Not writing Morris off he has improved every season, but I don’t see him as a top rider gracing the GP series. Might be proved wrong.

As for Doyle, Matt Ford said years ago, when Doyle was a 5 and a half rider for Poole, that if he could get over his injury problems and get his shoulder fixed, he had the potential to become a world champion. How many years ago was that?

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

People seem to be writing josh of hopefully he may surprise us and back Brady up early season.lets be honest if holder a pirate come march he should easily finish the season as our no 1 jmo 

I think that if Holder joined Poole then Kurtz will have a higher average then Chris by the end of the season. 

The only issue i can see with Kurtz is that he throws the odd stinker of a race in , sometimes 2 a meeting, scoring 3,2,3,0,2 for example. At the end of the day its 10 from 5 but if he can eradicate the odd ride (sometimes overriding as well) he could easily score 13-14 every meeting.

As of yet Brady isnt at Nick Morris level in the UK but he could this season

14 hours ago, scaramanga said:

how often have you seen mason ride

some meetings last year he looked like he could beat anyone

but ill also agree some meetings he beat himself many times

and looked like a total newcomer could give him a good go

what i will say is mason campton is world class compared to mitchell davey who not many have a problem with and he even now gets classed as a brit

dont get me wrong i like davey always well turned out and looks good on the bike

but he just cant score points

I’ve seen him twice.

But regardless, 4 seasons in British speedway and only once managed to average over 5. That’s crap. So far he’s yet to prove me wrong. I doubt he’ll get 6 this season either because he’s just not that good.

4 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Bit unfair on Josh who was Somerset number 1 last year and finished with an average of 7.34! I would certainly put him as a very good 3rd HL if not 2nd. 

Oh, brill, Swindon have four heatleaders then. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

People seem to be writing josh of hopefully he may surprise us and back Brady up early season.lets be honest if holder a pirate come march he should easily finish the season as our no 1 jmo 

Josh imo is a very determined rider, let's see where he ends up... 

2 hours ago, SCB said:

I’ve seen him twice.

But regardless, 4 seasons in British speedway and only once managed to average over 5. That’s crap. So far he’s yet to prove me wrong. I doubt he’ll get 6 this season either because he’s just not that good.

He seems to of averaged 5.7 on the bspa site and is starting as a reserve for Workington so I would say 6 is easily acheiveable.

he is a lot better than quite a few Aussies who have came over in the last 5-8 years in all fairness.

6 hours ago, Gavan said:

I think that if Holder joined Poole then Kurtz will have a higher average then Chris by the end of the season. 

The only issue i can see with Kurtz is that he throws the odd stinker of a race in , sometimes 2 a meeting, scoring 3,2,3,0,2 for example. At the end of the day its 10 from 5 but if he can eradicate the odd ride (sometimes overriding as well) he could easily score 13-14 every meeting.

As of yet Brady isnt at Nick Morris level in the UK but he could this season

For instance the Australian championship meeting ...unbeaten in finished races ..position 4th

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

As Hans has been announced by Leicester it is safe to assume the Poole team is done and dusted, maybe a surprise signing in store.

What like Chris Holder and Linus Sundstrom with Shanes to bring it in limit ??

Wouldn't be any surprise as its been well vented on the Forum. Would just like to see it sorted. Of course the Polish EXL max 3 League rule will have to be lifted to allow Sunsdtrom in.

Unless as you say Matt really does have a surprise in store ??

3 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Classic Matt Ford just putting a story in the Echo because why not. 

That Lions team looks tasty though. If KP and Vaculik find the right set up could be a good team. 

Sure Wednesday night might give us some clues. 

Yes it seems all announced together.

Will be good to see Leicester finally get out of the basement (hopefully).

Just hope Matt really does have something worthwhile to come out, as passing up the chance to resign Hans who has proven quality and ability in the Prem, we need to know soon if he has a rider of equal if not better quality to replace.

Suppose we have to continue to be patient.

27 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

What like Chris Holder and Linus Sundstrom with Shanes to bring it in limit ??

Wouldn't be any surprise as its been well vented on the Forum. Would just like to see it sorted. Of course the Polish EXL max 3 League rule will have to be lifted to allow Sunsdtrom in.

Unless as you say Matt really does have a surprise in store ??

Bjarne Pedersen perhaps.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Classic Matt Ford just putting a story in the Echo because why not. 

That Lions team looks tasty though. If KP and Vaculik find the right set up could be a good team. 

Sure Wednesday night might give us some clues. 

As expected,  the Speedway Star story was right. No surprise.