British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt Ford on BBC Radio Solent this evening (albeit the interview was recorded earlier)  said he's still hit the 'stumbling block' with one potential rider   He is now seeking others which will depend on the confirmation of the Polish relaxation of their 'maximum 3 league' rule'

James Shanes cannot definitely be confirmed until the 'top end' has been finalized.

Expect one more rider announcement before Christmas!

Sure they will announce them soon. Hopefully Shanes if he has signed. 

Sure matt has got plenty of riders still wanting spots and ones he can fit in. 

What time was the radio interview on at? 

7 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Just a quick update (from Facebook) from Starman's Mum, June - Mike has now been moved to ward c4 in Poole Hospital.

She also thanks all BSF members for their good wishes.:D

I had a text conversation with Mike earlier. Seems genuinely touched with the concern on here. If any one can scan the comments and get them to him it would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, sugarray said:

bhad a text conversation with Mike earlier. Seems genuinely touched with the concern on here. If any one can scan the comments and get them to him it would be appreciated.

I think that's a great idea.I think he will be pleasantly suprised by the good will messages from fans, not just from the Poole fans but across the board.:t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

13 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt Ford on BBC Radio Solent this evening (albeit the interview was recorded earlier)  said he's still hit the 'stumbling block' with one potential rider   He is now seeking others which will depend on the confirmation of the Polish relaxation of their 'maximum 3 league' rule'

James Shanes cannot definitely be confirmed until the 'top end' has been finalized.

Expect one more rider announcement before Christmas!

Do we think this is chris holder or milik? If somerset were to get their way with holders and doyle i think the league could be done and dusted

wishing starman a good and speedy recovery.

3 hours ago, LEWISCOUCH said:

Do we think this is chris holder or milik? If somerset were to get their way with holders and doyle i think the league could be done and dusted

I think it's Chris. He seems to be in and out of this Poole team on a weekly basis this winter. If Somerset have signed Chris, can they just announce it!! :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Like I said the other day.

Matt want's 25,000 for Chris Holder. Matt is not allowing Chris to leave on loan. 

Ultimately Ford wont have a choice if Holder wants to go

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Like I said the other day.

Matt want's 25,000 for Chris Holder. Matt is not allowing Chris to leave on loan. 

Makes you wonder what kind of C.Holder we will get in 2018 if he isn't happy with Matt Ford.

I assume he is pi**ed because Matt didn't want Jack back(this coming season anyway). Also probably miffed if has been offered a reduced pay deal at a 7 point man rather than as a number 1 in prev years.

If Matt really is only interested in a £25k permanent transfer deal then it would seem maybe all not so good in their relationship ??

A lot could be rumour of course and the deal may already be done and Chris is happy with it, but between the lines and with some of the comments coming from Matt in interviews it does cause some concern. Especially if it is revolving around Chris.

The stumbling block now mentioned by Matt in 2 interviews of course could revolve around one his foreign prospects he wants to bring in. Suppose we will just have to wait and see, but if Chris does sign I hope we are getting a happy Chris back at his home club and not one who is riding only because he cant get a move away due to the price tag of the transfer fee.

On 14/12/2017 at 1:03 PM, Skidder1 said:

Starman!!

Before posting this, may I request only comments of a very respectful nature!  I know many have expressed their opinions about Starman and his posts in the past but would ask at least on this occasion they remain polite.

Starman's mum has today advised on one of the (many)Poole threads on Facebook that Starman is currently in Poole Hospital having been diagnosed with a (non-cancerous) brain tumour!

She doesn't go into any further detail about the prognosis, but will pass on good wishes from any Speedway fans.

Get well soon Starry.

Just seen this. All the best starman! Hope you feeling well soon. For all the names we've called each other over the years I wouldn't wish this on anyone and look forward to plenty more name calling with you when you felling better.

Edited by SCB