British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

Its interesting how many Poole fans on here and several media pundits now think that Chris Holder will be returning - on the strength of the statement that MF assisted him with his ACU appeal - seemingly having settled their previous differences?!

After MF's late season outburst about 'rider attitudes' and 'teenage-like sulks' and the 2018 team looking little like the 2017 line-up, its also interesting to see where the changes will come

Edited by Skidder1

Its interesting how many Poole fans on here and several media pundits now think that Chris Holder will be returning - on the strength of the statement that MF assisted him with his ACU appeal - seemingly having settled their previous differences?!

Was always going to return. People were just going way OTT.

Chris would've signed last season after the KL sacking if he didn't get banned imo.

Come on - you can see the poor Holder Jr is ill/sick.

No doubt the medical certificates he gave to Peterborough will prove that ;-)

Peterborough wont knock it though. They won the Champ 4's without him and just won the KO cup without him.

Perhaps there is an omen that he is better not riding at Peterborough in the important meetings ;-)

I like the sound of 'better not riding at Peterborough' full stop. :wink: Hopefully they wouldn't be stupid enough to sign him again.

no i hope we dont sign here at poole either not worth the hassle

I think Jack will pass on Champ this season as if signing in Poland for Torun he wont need Champ distraction as he has done his 2.5 season stint. (The half being Plymouth's when they went belly up).

Just like Chris who did 2 seasons he will move up to do probably Poland (Torun) - UK (Hopefully Poole, and even if not then another team if Matt loans him out.

Don't think Jack has much more to learn in Champ as like Chris he will set his sights on riding against the Worlds best to gain more experience and if he was to get into Sweden then good for him but not the end of the World if not. Plus of course the various Indv/Various qualifiers plus Aussie team events. I am sure he wont go hungry. His career path is similar to Chris even if he doesn't quite scale the heights of big bro but who knows ??.

I think he has potential talent. Ask yourself if for example would Robert Lambert have been able to knock in those kind of scores he got near the end of the season for Torun had he ridden there. I don't think he would have personally. To me he has shown signs and deserves to develop at Poole with Chris helping him.

I agree he has shown some immature attitude but lets not forget even Darcy had his immature days both on and off the track. We forgave him because he was one of the greatest young talents to get on a speedway bike. Jack is still 21 and still a lot to learn. He came to UK maybe one year late due to doing was it some kind of apprenticeship so was 1 season behind Brady. BUT look how quickly he has developed in just 3 years in UK (or 2.5 considering Plymouths not even half season ??). Not even Lambert has been as good in Poland second div let alone the POL EXL.

We will have to agree to disagree Ray on the Holder's but that's what the Forum is about. Cultivating and exchanging opinion.

For me if they can also get a solid heat leader on top then good enough for me. Whether that be a real number 1 or another season of Andersen I am not so sure. Much as many have said how good Andersen is for the team and a wise head, I do wonder if this guy will be part of a league winning team in his later years with Poole. I have some doubts. If he has also lost his place in Sweden then for sure wont be a happy boy.

Much to ponder while we await the BSPA AGM in Nov and then Matts hopefully quick team news to put to bed once and for all who may be in and out of the team ;-)

Gonna be a lot of disappointed poole fans when neither Holders race for poole next season...believe it or not..there are other teams.

Actually I think it is mixed feelings on the subject of the Holder's, i doubt Peterborough fans are all that keen on Jack despite his good season with them.

They both have a seemingly low average and coincidentally Chris Holder's current average is the same as Jack's was at the start of the season.

Actually I think it is mixed feelings on the subject of the Holder's, i doubt Peterborough fans are all that keen on Jack despite his good season with them.

They both have a seemingly low average and coincidentally Chris Holder's current average is the same as Jack's was at the start of the season.

Okay..there wil be a few disappointed poole fans

Still not fully recovered apparently..which is why he had to pull out of gp reserve place

Then that would conveniently probably get him out of the brown smelly stuff with UK authorities if he does also have a medical certificate.

But when you think about it. I don't think he was first reserve anyway and chances are he would have been sitting around in kevlars in the faint hope one ride would come along.

This way he can dedicate full support to brother Chris in the pits and at the same time can say he was still ill and not fit to ride. Had he been so then for sure he could have been in big trouble for next season.

Was always going to return. People were just going way OTT.

Chris would've signed last season after the KL sacking if he didn't get banned imo.

Chris Holder could not have signed for Poole after KL sacked him. A club cannot sign a rider from the previous year's 1-7 if they are not included in the current year's starting line-up!! People were just going way OTT.

He wasn't included in this season's line-up for a number of reasons - only one of which was his high inflated average!!

Incidentally, other than in yesterday's Peterborough press release, nowhere official or otherwise including the SGP's official media spokesperson has made any mention of Jack Holder being a GP reserve.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 3

Chris Holder could not have signed for Poole after KL sacked him. A club cannot sign a rider from the previous year's 1-7 if they are not included in the current year's starting line-up!! People were just going way OTT.

He wasn't included in this season's line-up for a number of reasons - only one of which was his high inflated average!!

Good job Swindon had faith in Jason Doyle and his even higher inflated average :wink:

• Like 2

That is just Peterborough BS. He was never in GP!

Holder said: "I've been sick for a few days so I went home to try to get better in time for the GP, but I'm still too sick to ride in it.

"There's no way I can race and Brady has to take my place.

"I'm sorry to be missing big meetings at the end of the season."

Boro were just relaying what Jack Holder had told them. If its not true then young Jack is telling fibs...

• Like 1

I know one thing here. You come on the forum and act like an utter prat. What a really horrible and ghastly person you come across as. Its been civil on here since the troll Gavan got banned. Now you come back on here with your inane spew to drag down the thread. A shame.

Nonsense, my posts are fine except when they respond to the Poole gob i.e. you.

So you again don't provide any evidence for the 'inside info' you post. Hilarious.

p.s. How many times have you been banned in the past? :rofl: As for me, zero :t: