British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

i dont think matt will get rid of brady as you say it may be a case of brady being able to fit us if sweden and poland come calling :t:

No chance of Brady going imo.

I hope he does do UK/Swe/Pol as it will improve him as a rider. He has no GP distraction at this stage and until he does I think he will easily accommodate UK as well.

There is no way in a million years that Matt Ford would allow such a prestigious talent to slip out of his hands. He is part of the future of Poole just as Chris Holder and Darcy Ward were for some years before fate intervened.

Hopefully Jack Holder will also be one of those long term for those hopefully willing to exercise a little patience ;)

I definitely want Brady back next season along with an established number one but who that will be who knows!?

BRADY Kurtz has set his sights on a third straight season with Pirates and a place among the SGB Premiership's elite.

The 21-year-old was arguably Poole's brightest spark during the campaign just gone, in which the Wimborne Road side reached the play-off semi-finals.

And the former Australian champion, who lodges with team boss Neil Middleditch, wants to earn a team spot with his parent club for 2018.

Kurtz this year stormed into the number one role for the first time in Poole colours with his only major setback coming when he suffered a broken rib in July.

Reflecting on his campaign, Kurtz told the Daily Echo: "I'm really happy with the season.

"After I came back from injury, it might not have looked like I was scoring the massive points I was before but it's a much tougher job when you are at number one, especially when you go to the away tracks.

"Every team has one of the best riders in the world and I had to race them three times out of five, and race wins aren't easy to come by.

"But I did my best and got some solid scores.

"I was happy to be number one and learned a lot and, hopefully, next year I can come back and continue to be number one and bang in the big scores and be one of the top riders."

Article from the Bournemouth Daily Echo...... http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/piratesnews/15565235.Aussie_star_Kurtz_targeting_stay_at_Pirates/

Brady looking to stay at Poole next year, according to a pre-World U21 interview in the Bournemouth Echo today!!

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway

ps. This is the 2nd Poole thread I've caught up with this morning and NO Gavan!! Is he on 'holiday' again with his family?

Edited by Skidder1

Seen the odd post that Robert Lambert MAY not be back at KL in 2018.

Would Poole fans like to see Matt Ford try to sign this young talent in the Pirates colours ??

Still only 19 (20 in Apr 2018) and his final GSA 7.38.

Would love to see him alongside other rising young stars such as B.Kurtz/J.Holder/K.Woryna.

I just did one of those lets guess the team calculations. I come up with the flwg:

Lambert 7.38

B.Kurtz 8.08

J.Holder 5.82

C.Woryna 4.65

Chris Holder 7.16

J.Shanes 2.96

Total 36.05

If points total 42 leaves 5.93 If 43 its 6.96 and if 45 leaves 8.96.

I make the 45 point limit 0.01 too high to accommodate Magic :-(

Sure would like to know what team points limit we can play the guessing game with for 2018, as would certainly eliminate some of the team make up ideas.

Any thoughts ??

Seen the odd post that Robert Lambert MAY not be back at KL in 2018.

Would Poole fans like to see Matt Ford try to sign this young talent in the Pirates colours ??

Still only 19 (20 in Apr 2018) and his final GSA 7.38.

Would love to see him alongside other rising young stars such as B.Kurtz/J.Holder/K.Woryna.

I just did one of those lets guess the team calculations. I come up with the flwg:

Lambert 7.38

B.Kurtz 8.08

J.Holder 5.82

C.Woryna 4.65

Chris Holder 7.16

J.Shanes 2.96

Total 36.05

If points total 42 leaves 5.93 If 43 its 6.96 and if 45 leaves 8.96.

I make the 45 point limit 0.01 too high to accommodate Magic :-(

Sure would like to know what team points limit we can play the guessing game with for 2018, as would certainly eliminate some of the team make up ideas.

Any thoughts ??

Limit should be 46..

If Matt gets rid of Kurtz,i will be a disgrace

If Matt gets rid of Kurtz,i will be a disgrace

I dont think that will happen.

I can't see Lambert riding at Poole. Doesn't do that well at Wimborne road. Would rather somehow get Drabik!!!

Maybe he doesn't but as i said last year, he's the sort of rider id take, along with Fricke.

• Like 1

I can't see Lambert riding at Poole. Doesn't do that well at Wimborne road. Would rather somehow get Drabik!!!

For sure if there is one rider in the World I would like to see at Poole it is Maksym Drabik.

I think he is the hottest rider on the planet for such an age. Not 21 until Feb 2018. The guy is incredible. For me the best young rider to come along since a young Darcy Ward.

I only think Frick won the World U21 last year because Drabik broke his leg in several places in Sweden which wiped out most of 2016. For sure he would probably have won last years too had he not.To have come back from that serious injury this year and also recently a broken collarbone injury makes the feat of winning the WU21 last night even more amazing. To score 21 and 18 points in 2 meetings against the top U21 riders is incredible. To also have scored in the second of the 3 meetings 8 from 4 rides incl even after he fell in one of them and broke his shoulder is testament to his talent.

It w as further evidence (if we needed it) how the young Poles are on a different planet compared to us and the Aussies. You only have to look at last nights scores where Kurtz/Holder and Lambert (who scored a massive 3 points...) highlight it. The likes of Drabik/Smektala/Woryna/Kubera. Incredible talent and just shows how far the Poles have progressed.

If we got Drabik I wouldn't care who we got at number 1 for 2018. (Within reason)

• Like 1