British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

I'm surprised Poole didn't give R Worrall an 8th match before bringing B Kurtz back in, after 7 matches he had a 6.27 ave but his Championship conversion would now be 7.32! Could've been a good pick for 2018 on a lower ave!

Making up the rules for 2018 what about 6 man teams, 40 points limit?

POOLE
1 Brady Kurtz 8.41
2 Richie Worrall 7.32
3 Chris Holder 7.16
4 Danny King 6.71
5 Jack Holder 5.69
6 Kacper Woryna 4.65
Total 39.94

If a 7 man team has a limit of I believe 42 it is unlikely 6 would have a limit of 40.

I'm surprised Poole didn't give R Worrall an 8th match before bringing B Kurtz back in, after 7 matches he had a 6.27 ave but his Championship conversion would now be 7.32! Could've been a good pick for 2018 on a lower ave!

Making up the rules for 2018 what about 6 man teams, 40 points limit?

POOLE
1 Brady Kurtz 8.41
2 Richie Worrall 7.32
3 Chris Holder 7.16
4 Danny King 6.71
5 Jack Holder 5.69
6 Kacper Woryna 4.65
Total 39.94

Of all the permutations I doubt if Worrall is being considered.

I'm hoping they would make a stronger league next year! That's why i thought of a 40 limit for 6 riders!

That would be good and something that has been needed for a few years but not enough of the members of the bspa have voted for a stronger league.

And post after post from Gavan trolling the Poole threads on a one man crusade, this time to slag off Middlo, who most Pirate fans are more than happy with.

If Gavan was a Poole fan and he was unhappy with Middlo it would have some credence, but as he is just doing his usual slag off anything Poole, (dressed up as pretend debate) it is meaningless.

So speaking for the majority again ? I thought your views were solely your own ? As it happens Middlo, in my opinion, is bang average. If he wasn't aligned with Ford (who has handed him top teams on a plate), his number of league wins would probably be zero. Not a patch on Adams who has won 9 titles with 3 different teams, and mentored world champions from Ole Olsen onwards. Read the Speedway Star article on Adams to get the full picture. Case closed m'lud.

• Like 1

The team will be interesting next season.

I can't not see Brady, Jack and Shanes not joining Woryna.

So you have 4 riders done and dusted already.

Can see one of Kyle, Starke, Eddie(if his average keeps falling) and Charles Wright(best Poole asset British rider).

Magic might quit Sweden with all the problems it has. The Pirates in Sweden not paying there riders which could see with fixed race nights more GP stars.

If they raise the average's due to fixed race night and Sweden going wrong I would like to see.

1. Magic

2. Woryna

3. Brady

4. Jack

5. Chris

6. C.Wright

7. Shanes

That would just be over the 42 point limit if that is what they went with. But a lot can change with averages falling and rising.

Edited by poolebolton

So speaking for the majority again ? I thought your views were solely your own ? As it happens Middlo, in my opinion, is bang average. If he wasn't aligned with Ford (who has handed him top teams on a plate), his number of league wins would probably be zero. Not a patch on Adams who has won 9 titles with 3 different teams, and mentored world champions from Ole Olsen onwards. Read the Speedway Star article on Adams to get the full picture. Case closed m'lud.

What part of "most" don't you understand? There's only one or two voices moaning about Middlo and his record is second to none.

Adams? You can keep the passionless one thank you very much. Would rather see a manager show some enthusiasm. Watched Adams on tv and after a very exciting race where Lindgren came battling through the cameras panned to Adams...........and he didn't even raise a smile. No thanks.

Its easy to manage a team when you are handed the best riders........lets be fair Middlo doesnt have to do much the riders were just better than other teams.

He might be Mr nice guy but that doesnt make him a good manager.

And yes as i said as well Middlo isnt a patch on Adams and Rosco is better to.

What part of "most" don't you understand? There's only one or two voices moaning about Middlo and his record is second to none.

Adams? You can keep the passionless one thank you very much. Would rather see a manager show some enthusiasm. Watched Adams on tv and after a very exciting race where Lindgren came battling through the cameras panned to Adams...........and he didn't even raise a smile. No thanks.

His record is because he has had the best teams season after season.

Lets see him manage another club.

Could he have done at Swindon what Rosco has done??

Middlo is a good manager........................but the best ....................not by a long way

The team will be interesting next season.

I can't not see Brady, Jack and Shanes not joining Woryna.

So you have 4 riders done and dusted already.

Can see one of Kyle, Starke, Eddie(if his average keeps falling) and Charles Wright(best Poole asset British rider).

Magic might quit Sweden with all the problems it has. The Pirates in Sweden not paying there riders which could see with fixed race nights more GP stars.

If they raise the average's due to fixed race night and Sweden going wrong I would like to see.

1. Magic

2. Woryna

3. Brady

4. Jack

5. Chris

6. C.Wright

7. Shanes

That would just be over the 42 point limit if that is what they went with. But a lot can change with averages falling and rising.

The powers that be need to be a bit realistic. Set an average and stick to it.

They come from the midlands Steve, it takes a while to go in and set... ;)

Edited by Starman2006

Its easy to manage a team when you are handed the best riders........lets be fair Middlo doesnt have to do much the riders were just better than other teams.

He might be Mr nice guy but that doesnt make him a good manager.

And yes as i said as well Middlo isnt a patch on Adams and Rosco is better to.

His record is because he has had the best teams season after season.

Lets see him manage another club.

Could he have done at Swindon what Rosco has done??

Middlo is a good manager........................but the best ....................not by a long way

All hail King Rosco and revel in his glory.

If the whispers about fixed night racing are true (Mondays/Thursdays??) then I can see one or two of the top Danes becoming available to the UK especially with what's going on in Sweden at the moment!!

Maybe a new Dane for Poole??? ;-)

Knowing your inside info Skidder is this just a guess or you have an idea a Dane may be coming ;-)

Would be a bit concerned if it is a Dane - why ??

They also race normally on a Wed so if we go fixed race nights i.e Wed/Thur (instead of Mon-Thur) I forsee clashes. (Of course if a Dane cuts out DK in a swap for UK then different of course).

Other than NKI I have reservations on most Danes. Many have gone backwards or sideways in my opinion such as Kildemand - Jepsen Jensen - Micha Bech. I could be missing a hidden gem in amongst the mainly av looking ones of course. Like another one on a poss hidden low average that Matt has been scouring over the averages on ;-)

NKI would always be welcome but hopefully not H.Anderson again. Certainly not Bjarne P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knowing your inside info Skidder is this just a guess or you have an idea a Dane may be coming ;-)

Would be a bit concerned if it is a Dane - why ??

They also race normally on a Wed so if we go fixed race nights i.e Wed/Thur (instead of Mon-Thur) I forsee clashes. (Of course if a Dane cuts out DK in a swap for UK then different of course).

Other than NKI I have reservations on most Danes. Many have gone backwards or sideways in my opinion such as Kildemand - Jepsen Jensen - Micha Bech. I could be missing a hidden gem in amongst the mainly av looking ones of course. Like another one on a poss hidden low average that Matt has been scouring over the averages on ;-)

NKI would always be welcome but hopefully not H.Anderson again. Certainly not Bjarne P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll never get Iversen, he'll only ride for KL.
  • Like 1

Midlands or Dorset for intelligence................hmmm

Certainly not Essex. :rofl: :rofl:

Other than NKI I have reservations on most Danes. Many have gone backwards or sideways in my opinion such as Kildemand - Jepsen Jensen - Micha Bech.

Yes, they have, but if Kildemand were to come back on his last average of 7.1 he would be an absolute bargain, especially with his entertainment value. More of a steal than Woryna.

And post after post from Gavan trolling the Poole threads on a one man crusade, this time to slag off Middlo, who most Pirate fans are more than happy with.

If Gavan was a Poole fan and he was unhappy with Middlo it would have some credence, but as he is just doing his usual slag off anything Poole, (dressed up as pretend debate) it is meaningless.

You clearly haven't understood the question, so let me put it more explicitly. In the past fans of other teams have accused you of trying to be the 'unofficial mouthpiece' for all Poole fans i.e. giving the impression by the way you post that you represent them. You have refuted that by saying that your views about Poole are simply yours and yours alone.So to be clear:-

A - Yes you do represent the Poole fanbase

B - No you do not represent the Poole fanbase

The powers that be need to be a bit realistic. Set an average and stick to it.

They come from the midlands Steve, it takes a while to go in and set... ;)

What on Earth are you babbling on about ?

• Like 1

If the whispers about fixed night racing are true (Mondays/Thursdays??) then I can see one or two of the top Danes becoming available to the UK especially with what's going on in Sweden at the moment!!

Maybe a new Dane for Poole??? ;-)

Would be very surprised as can't really identify any top Danes. Nicki would be too much of a risk after injury, NKI will be at KL and that leaves Killer who would if anything probably head back to Swindon on his bargain average.