British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

You obviously do not understand.

Shovlar is the lord and master of all things Poole speedway and you have to bow to his knowledge.

In his world the last 2 seasons for Poole are mere blips in their conquest to win the league every season.

How daft that people can see Poole didnt win it in 2016 or 2017 and think that it could happen again next year!!!

Poole speedway will win the league for the next 9 years or maybe more..............its what they do.....its law.

They have a promoter in Matt Ford who can simply do no wrong. He is the reason why Poole are so successful and every other club would love him at the helm.

Also do you not realise that when Poole are successful its because Matt Ford goes and gets the right riders, he plans seasons in advance he is that good.

And do you not realise that when Poole are not successful this has nothing to do with Matt Ford getting the wrong riders.....the riders are just not good enough.

Most Poole fans were up in arms at the start of the season.....they couldnt believe that riders like KK, Klindt and Newman were in the team!!!.......they begged Matt that riders of the quality of Kennett, Lahti and Starke should be in the team......Matt signed them so its not his fault is it.

Poole will win the league easily next year.......you have been told this by Shovlar please dont disagree.

You will have Magic and Chris Holder and Kurtz leading the team. Jack Holder and Newman as second strings and Woryna ( who mark my words is so good he will be number one by June) at reserve...........dont worry Matt Ford is such a nice guy that Chris Holder and Kyle Newman wouldnt ride anywhere else after being sacked this season so all is good.

I cant see the point in other teams riding next season.................Poole always bounce back..............or will they be the Arsenal of speedway!!...............maybe they need Rosco as team manager

rosco or even gary may need a change at poole just dreaming im afraid with the team thats being set out on here we dont even need a manager help cut the cost down :t:

Using an old average is ludicrous though.

Not as ludicrous as Musielak, who should have been on a 6+.

But surely at some point the bspa must bring on a sensible policy. Or...maybe not

Why ? HE had got that riding in the UK and hes hardly been setting the world on fire elsewhere, a fact born out by no other club wanting him included his parent club who were more than willing to sell him ..Now somehow because he's doing well it's was a false average, but I don't remember anyone saying that before hand .I also don't see why kasper should not be allowed to go go back on his old average as it's not so long ago he got it .every rider who rode here before should keep there old average and then it's up to clubs to build there teams using it rather than bring in a complex system that is open to cheating and self interest.
  • Like 1

rosco or even gary may need a change at poole just dreaming im afraid with the team thats being set out on here we dont even need a manager help cut the cost down :t:

Lol

For many years Poole wouldnt have need a team manager with the teams that were built, Ward , Holder, Janowski, Watt (at his best), i think my nan could have run that side.

The proof is when the going gets tough and the team doesnt have the best 7, that shows how good a manager a guy is.

Middlo has had it easy with the teams he has been given and then the changes coming in at certain points of the season i.e like Hancock.

This season Matt Ford has got things badly wrong and Middlo has struggled.......Matt gives the team a rocket in the programme and the team responds.......why couldnt the team manager get them to do that??

Lets see Middlo try elsewhere and see how he does.......Rosco and May this season have shown themselves to be the best 2 managers in the league taking average sides to higher than they should be while Poole (everyones favourites at the start) have imploded.......somewhere in their Middlo must be at fault surely

Lol

For many years Poole wouldnt have need a team manager with the teams that were built, Ward , Holder, Janowski, Watt (at his best), i think my nan could have run that side.

The proof is when the going gets tough and the team doesnt have the best 7, that shows how good a manager a guy is.

Middlo has had it easy with the teams he has been given and then the changes coming in at certain points of the season i.e like Hancock.

This season Matt Ford has got things badly wrong and Middlo has struggled.......Matt gives the team a rocket in the programme and the team responds.......why couldnt the team manager get them to do that??

Lets see Middlo try elsewhere and see how he does.......Rosco and May this season have shown themselves to be the best 2 managers in the league taking average sides to higher than they should be while Poole (everyones favourites at the start) have imploded.......somewhere in their Middlo must be at fault surely

Not everyones favourite Gavin

If I'd been a team manager and had what Middlo's had to deal with off-track in the last couple of years, I'd have probably packed it all in - and thats absolutely without any criticism of his team management record.

People (and their nans) - especially on here - are so keen to stick the knife in without knowing the slightest bit about what has actually been going on?!

• Like 1

Exactly, which was my point.

What I was saying is that the two Poles are both very good riders, who you seemed (or I got the impression) that you were saying were all that special, and Robert is also just as good, which is what you said, yes, sorry if I misunderstood what you were trying to say, all 3, Robert and the 2 Poles are just as good as eachother imo

• Like 1

If I'd been a team manager and had what Middlo's had to deal with off-track in the last couple of years, I'd have probably packed it all in - and thats absolutely without any criticism of his team management record.

People (and their nans) - especially on here - are so keen to stick the knife in without knowing the slightest bit about what has actually been going on?!

Not sticking the knife in just think he is an average manager that gets given the best teams to work with most seasons.

When that team isnt good enough Matt Ford changes it more than any other promoter, but yet it seems Middlo struggles when he doesnt have the best team.

Rosco has 2 titles with 2 different teams, who both seasons where clearly not the best teams and again this season.

If Middlo was to manage another team and do well then maybe his stock will rise but i would totally say there are better managers at Wolves, Swindon and Somerset than Middlo.

Im sure everybody off track has issues to deal with so if you cant do your job with those issues then leave. Its the same in all walks of life.

As i said not about sticking the knife in its about opinion and Middlo isnt the best manager by some way in the league in my opinion.

Football managers can do well with the best team but see how they go when they dont. Im sure most managers would get Manchester United and Manchester City near the top of the league with the teams they have...speedway is no different

Not sticking the knife in just think he is an average manager that gets given the best teams to work with most seasons.

When that team isnt good enough Matt Ford changes it more than any other promoter, but yet it seems Middlo struggles when he doesnt have the best team.

Rosco has 2 titles with 2 different teams, who both seasons where clearly not the best teams and again this season.

If Middlo was to manage another team and do well then maybe his stock will rise but i would totally say there are better managers at Wolves, Swindon and Somerset than Middlo.

Im sure everybody off track has issues to deal with so if you cant do your job with those issues then leave. Its the same in all walks of life.

As i said not about sticking the knife in its about opinion and Middlo isnt the best manager by some way in the league in my opinion.

And you watch Middlo every week do you ?. Clearly not

Why ? HE had got that riding in the UK and hes hardly been setting the world on fire elsewhere, a fact born out by no other club wanting him included his parent club who were more than willing to sell him ..Now somehow because he's doing well it's was a false average, but I don't remember anyone saying that before hand .I also don't see why kasper should not be allowed to go go back on his old average as it's not so long ago he got it .every rider who rode here before should keep there old average and then it's up to clubs to build there teams using it rather than bring in a complex system that is open to cheating and self interest.

The reason Muiselaks average was ridiculous is that if he was signed at the start of the season he would have been on close to a 7 but because he was signed later in the season he had no multiplier applied.

I said that it was ridiculous at the time it became mentioned that new signings may not have a multiplier and I can't see any rational argument to the contrary.

And you watch Middlo every week do you ?. Clearly not

And what does that have to do with anything??

Got to be honest when i go Ipswich im not watching what Richie Hawkins does either but i can clearly see if i agree with his decisions.

I know your not Mr Intelligent but its my opinion that there are better managers in the league if you can understand that!

And enlighten me why i have to see him every week to have an opinion!!!!

Football managers can do well with the best team but see how they go when they dont. Im sure most managers would get Manchester United and Manchester City near the top of the league with the teams they have...speedway is no different

Cant agree with that his record speaks for itself to be honest, ok he has his critics on here but i have said before this forum means nothing.The speedway people i know have total respect for him i certainly have met him once in the eighties a really nice bloke a proper speedway person he has very good man management skills ok he has made mistakes in the press (ect) but who hasn't.
  • Like 1

Well clearly based solely on this season so far Middlo is 'struggling' as the 4th best team manager as we continue to hold onto 4th place - whether we finish there and make it to the play-offs remains to be seen.

So by the same token and using Gav's opinion if Leicester manage to avoid 8th place then Jim Lynch won't be the worst team manager around?!

At the end of the day I'm much more interested in riders' and other team manager's opinions of Middlo - which are in the main extremely positive and completely respectful of what he has achieved and how he's helped to achieve it!!

I'm surprised Gavan hasn't asked his mate Mark Loram for his opinion of Middlo??!!

• Like 2

Well clearly based solely on this season so far Middlo is 'struggling' as the 4th best team manager as we continue to hold onto 4th place - whether we finish there and make it to the play-offs remains to be seen.

So by the same token and using Gav's opinion if Leicester manage to avoid 8th place then Jim Lynch won't be the worst team manager around?!

At the end of the day I'm much more interested in riders' and other team manager's opinions of Middlo - which are in the main extremely positive and completely respectful of what he has achieved and how he's helped to achieve it!!

I'm surprised Gavan hasn't asked his mate Mark Loram for his opinion of Middlo??!!

Honestly next year if the track is sorted with J.Holder,Kurtz,Woryna,Shanes( get him to double up weekend commitments sorted) the future looks very good three spots left with plenty of scope to build a team. Poole will be fine Middleditch for me is a bonus and that job will be his for as long as he wants it.

Just a very small taste of Woryna last week riding against "reserves".

Semi final. 38 mins 30 secs. Against "reserves" Doyle, Laguta and Holta.

Final. Go to 40mins 47secs. Against "reserves" Madsen, Zmarzlik and Dudek.

Gavan clearly doesn't watch Polish speedway to realise just how good young Woryna is. Talking about making himself look a pillock. Lol!

Drabik also rides as a Polish reserve.

Lambert rides in the Polish Third division.

Polish reserves like Drabik and Woryna are used to replace top 5 team members during meetings all the time.

Perhaps Gavan should watch last Sundays Ribnik v Torun Extraleague meeting where Woryna, (who Gavan thinks is nowhere near as good as Lambert) sees off the Torun team.

I dont agree with you that much but this is a great post fair play Woryna will be a massive asset.

I would think mark speaks very highly of middlo

What are people's opinion on Jim Lynch? I'd never even heard or seen of him until he was on the tv this year, where has he come from? Is he a good manager? Just struggling with situations?

Nice chap can be clueless as a manager.

Never forget Middlo was unavailable and he was in charge of Poole at Coventry for a K O Cup second leg several years ago. We had won the first leg by 22 points. In the second leg We lost Bjarne at about heat 7 to a broken wrist. Lynch made no changes and we lost the meeting by 24 points with three 5-1s in the last three heats. Complete, utter, inept managing.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Cant agree with that his record speaks for itself to be honest, ok he has his critics on here but i have said before this forum means nothing.The speedway people i know have total respect for him i certainly have met him once in the eighties a really nice bloke a proper speedway person he has very good man management skills ok he has made mistakes in the press (ect) but who hasn't.

Yes his record speaks for itself, at the club that has had the best backing and an astute promoter.

I think the vast majority of the managers could have managed Poole during those times.

If anyone cares to read the thread then they will see ive said Middlo is a good manager.............just there are certainly better ones.

Jim Lynch is an awful team manager but its about opinion, i dont rate Mark Lemon that much to be honest.

Given the resources that Middlo has had over the years im pretty sure that Rosco and Adams would have done the same. Garry May probably as well.

Do i think Middlo is as good as Rosco or Adams? No

Is he better than most of the rest well yes.