British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

isnt it pathetic when so called fans are thinking of 2018 when 2017s only 2/3rds done,terrabal stuff.

Why don't you give Matt a ring at the club on Monday and tell him the same thing. He's also a fan..

with so much uncertainty in poland,uk and sweden re rules and regs for 2018 i find this thread a little boring,its still summer 17

So , Matts very much ahead of the game.

Why don't you give Matt a ring at the club on Monday and tell him the same thing. He's also a fan..

So , Matts very much ahead of the game.

How is Matt ahead of the game.....he simply is the only one who has announced anything and that deflects from how badly Matt Ford has got it wrong this season.

• Like 1

How is Matt ahead of the game.....he simply is the only one who has announced anything and that deflects from how badly Matt Ford has got it wrong this season.

Matt imo partly got it wrong.

He chose Kazp as number one and you rightly forecast he could be hit and miss. But seriously could anyone have seen they guy ride so badly so consistently ?? Could anyone have seen a rider of his status really sinking to a 5.51 AV and his injury was not the reason as he had performed badly both before and after. I expected some poss inconsistency but not that bad. His whole demeanour was as if he wasn't really that bothered. Having said that he is yet another who was having speed issues with his bikes in both UK and Poland. Don't know what it is about the tuning but too many top riders have had similar issues.

Klindt is a difficult one. Good signing when at reserve and in his 10 league matches he actually achieved 6.48 av incl bonus points. Factor in his injury which pushed it down a bit then I am 50/50 on whether he is a good signing or not. You could say that if thinking is Woryna and Shanes at reserve (ok we are playing the guessing game here but the topic is after all Poole 2018), then Klindt at 5.78 maybe not a bad move as if and when Woryna pushes up a bit then you know Klindt will almost certainly score plenty at reserve.

I think Matt knew he would swing in and out of reserve but his thinking may have been the team would always get a good return from the reserves races and Klindt could be used in at least 5 races if Shanes struggled.

Kurtz over performed for me prior to his injury but I think too much is put on him. Only his second season in EL and too much Darcy Ward comparison put on the guy. I still think his final av may drop a bit as he continues to gain experience. Jeez the guy isn't 21 until later this year. He will be good. How good ?? - Still a work in progress and if he finds that ruthless streak he sometimes can display then the sky is the limit.

Jack Holder - Performing for me sometimes better than expected. Bit older than Kurtz by some 8/9 months but one UK season less than Kurtz and displays promise for the future. Again a work in progress but too much unfair pressure put on these 2 young guys who should be allowed to learn their trade if the so called heat leaders had done their jobs.

Shanes was always going to struggle but he was partly there for being a UK young rider on a 2 point av and in fairness he never fails to entertain. My worry is if he continuous to put priority on Grass Track and now long track then I see his continuing to struggle. The guy needs to do what Kurtz and Holder Jr did in getting lots more UK meetings around the Champ tracks.

For me Lahti was a bad signing but it seems more done in desperation. His av in Poland and Sweden was so up and down I cant say I was surprised at what happened. But nobody else was interested with Continent commitments still going full on in July.

H.Anderson - For me Poole will never win a league with him in it now. Can be brilliant and frustrating in equal measures. Has too many problems at important times in a meeting but on his day can gate and hold anyone. He is a typical journeyman in twighlight of his career. Jeez 4 leagues plus indiv tournaments incl Danish Champ - SGP/Euro GP qualifiers and possible matches is too much. Guy is never in one place for more than 5 mins. Its like oh well on to the next meeting.

Kennett - Did Ford have many other options knowing also how badly things were going. Could have kept Kazp but we all know he would still be av 5/7 max had he stayed.

Yes I will agree in part Matt Ford was to blame but also some riders haven't stepped up to the plate and performed as hoped/expected.

Hopefully next season will be different.

I think with the amount of success he's brought too the club, he's aloud one bad season, but don't worry,normal service should resume next season

I think he isn't normally found wanting in the team building stakes and to be honest it looked a decent team on paper, most have said KK was a gamble and it clearly didn't pay off, judging by his form Chris Holder hasn't done too well either so not sure what number one we could have got that would have been better as when we were looking for a nine pointer to replace KK all we could get was Kennett which was never going to work especially when it seems we could have got Jonasson.

Edited by foreverblue

I think he isn't normally found wanting in the team building stakes and to be honest it looked a decent team on paper, most have said KK was a gamble and it clearly didn't pay off, judging by his form Chris Holder hasn't done too well either so not sure what number one we could have got that would have been better as when we were looking for a nine pointer to replace KK all we could get was Kennett which was never going to work especially when it seems we could have got Jonasson.

Chris is getting sorted, I was looking forward to the rest of the season, he and Robert Lambert had a good thing going ..... ffs!

I think with the amount of success he's brought too the club, he's aloud one bad season, but don't worry,normal service should resume next season

Nope, that's the end of your era. Poole will be back to also-rans now. No number one: Darcy, KK, Bjarne, Magic, Watt, Chris Holder all gone and the rules have caught up with Matt.

Nope, that's the end of your era. Poole will be back to also-rans now. No number one: Darcy, KK, Bjarne, Magic, Watt, Chris Holder all gone and the rules have caught up with Matt.

But Brady and Jack coming through, and hopefully Chris back

But Magic wants to come back and he can bring his mates with him (Dudek, Gomolski) :D

Depends on the team building limit.

Really...

Chris is getting sorted, I was looking forward to the rest of the season, he and Robert Lambert had a good thing going ..... ffs!

Yeh next season for Poole.

Its August 2017 ! You don't the rules or the structure of the league of 2018. How can you make any predictions !

Quite simple. Knowing the club and its promotion well. The last time the team failed to perform was 2009. Poole fans know how the club works and Matt Ford has already started his team for 2018. You can be sure it will be a very good team that will challenge for honors.

It's what Poole do, isn't it?

Quite simple. Knowing the club and its promotion well. The last time the team failed to perform was 2009. Poole fans know how the club works and Matt Ford has already started his team for 2018. You can be sure it will be a very good team that will challenge for honors.

It's what Poole do, isn't it?

You are simply whistling in the wind at the moment. Even in season predictions are difficult. I like everyone else thought Swindon would be battling against relegation, but they likely to be champions ! Any predictions at the moment re 2018 are utterly foolish.

• Like 2

not too keen on you telling me what to do shoveller.even simpler

You obviously do not understand.

Shovlar is the lord and master of all things Poole speedway and you have to bow to his knowledge.

In his world the last 2 seasons for Poole are mere blips in their conquest to win the league every season.

How daft that people can see Poole didnt win it in 2016 or 2017 and think that it could happen again next year!!!

Poole speedway will win the league for the next 9 years or maybe more..............its what they do.....its law.

They have a promoter in Matt Ford who can simply do no wrong. He is the reason why Poole are so successful and every other club would love him at the helm.

Also do you not realise that when Poole are successful its because Matt Ford goes and gets the right riders, he plans seasons in advance he is that good.

And do you not realise that when Poole are not successful this has nothing to do with Matt Ford getting the wrong riders.....the riders are just not good enough.

Most Poole fans were up in arms at the start of the season.....they couldnt believe that riders like KK, Klindt and Newman were in the team!!!.......they begged Matt that riders of the quality of Kennett, Lahti and Starke should be in the team......Matt signed them so its not his fault is it.

Poole will win the league easily next year.......you have been told this by Shovlar please dont disagree.

You will have Magic and Chris Holder and Kurtz leading the team. Jack Holder and Newman as second strings and Woryna ( who mark my words is so good he will be number one by June) at reserve...........dont worry Matt Ford is such a nice guy that Chris Holder and Kyle Newman wouldnt ride anywhere else after being sacked this season so all is good.

I cant see the point in other teams riding next season.................Poole always bounce back..............or will they be the Arsenal of speedway!!...............maybe they need Rosco as team manager