British Speedway Forum

Chris Holder ! :- Friend Or Foe

Hopefully CH won't apologize for his actions, and would do the same again, if the conditions were the same, this would prove be has the morals and passion to stand by what he thinks is right, and not just find a convenient excuse and whimp out.

Thing is, the track wasn't that bad just a little extra grippy and the less established riders coped with it well.

The question has to be would he of stood in the pits and refused to ride in Poland & Sweden?!?

• Like 2

Thing is, the track wasn't that bad just a little extra grippy and the less established riders coped with it well.

The question has to be would he of stood in the pits and refused to ride in Poland & Sweden?!?

Of course not. At £1,000 a point - having a go is worth a try in Poland. With the money "in the bag" at KL with his guaranteed match fee it's a very different story. Pity his negative attitude affected other, younger riders enough for them to even consider not riding. His statement - if we get one - will be worth reading.

If he did,he wouldn't be standing in the pits in these countries again!.its all getting a bit out of hand regarding track conditions.Heard Kelvin say on Sat that they are looking at things regarding injuries to riders and are going to do something ,although think he was talking at FIM level.but surely changes would be passed down to all levels.

Kelvin wouldn't even get out of the van, if the track was bad, how things change when it's not your neck on the line.

Maybe so,but I was only pointing out a statement he made regarding current day speedway and what is being looked into regarding rider injuries.He was not criticising anybody.

Kelvin wouldn't even get out of the van, if the track was bad, how things change when it's not your neck on the line.

No body was asking Chris to do anything, all the other riders were not doing. I appreciated the track wasn't good, but it was rideable if not racable. All the other riders were prepared to try and this is where his argument falls down.

Watching the Under 21 World Final yesterday the track was a disgrace, there where accidents where just waiting to happen. Ruts in the corners were making it extremely dangerous. The racing was rubbish, but everyone of the riders were prepared to give it a go. Chris has to realise that the support from the fans pay for people like Chris to pursue his chosen life. If there were more riders withholding their services everytime a track was bad, there would be no fans left, and no sport to follow.

Nobody has benefitted from Chris's actions. All it has none is created tension at his Club, Damaged the integrity of the sport , Destroyed a Race meeting single handedly, Pissed off some of the few fans we have left. and got himself banned for a month..

To those people who have come out and supported his actions , I suggest you smell the Coffee...

• Like 2

Why be a sheep and follow each other, be a man and stand up for what you think is correct.

You've just strengthened CH argument, by saying the track wasn't raceable, only rideable, we all know they would not just ride round.

Chris said it wasn't rideable...Big difference from raceable.It was clearly rideable.The meeting finished.

Chris said it wasn't rideable...Big difference from raceable.It was clearly rideable.The meeting finished.

It was raceable, proven by the majority of the riders that continued.

Jack & Chris had a decent ding-dong in heat 11 then Chris couldn't be assed in heat 13, that is were the issue lies with everyone

• Like 2

Why be a sheep and follow each other, be a man and stand up for what you think is correct.

You've just strengthened CH argument, by saying the track wasn't raceable, only rideable, we all know they would not just ride round.

There is no argument. Chris let the fans down, he let the sport down, in fact he let everyone down. Now if you can see that as correct , then you and him, must be so self-righteous in your outlook on life,,,

• Like 2

No body was asking Chris to do anything, all the other riders were not doing. I appreciated the track wasn't good, but it was rideable if not racable. All the other riders were prepared to try and this is where his argument falls down.

Watching the Under 21 World Final yesterday the track was a disgrace, there where accidents where just waiting to happen. Ruts in the corners were making it extremely dangerous. The racing was rubbish, but everyone of the riders were prepared to give it a go. Chris has to realise that the support from the fans pay for people like Chris to pursue his chosen life. If there were more riders withholding their services everytime a track was bad, there would be no fans left, and no sport to follow.

Nobody has benefitted from Chris's actions. All it has none is created tension at his Club, Damaged the integrity of the sport , Destroyed a Race meeting single handedly, Pissed off some of the few fans we have left. and got himself banned for a month..

To those people who have come out and supported his actions , I suggest you smell the Coffee...

The point I would make is that after the remedial work, he had a good tac ride race against his brother but then decided he wouldn't race heat 13.

The thing is the tracks in Sweden and Poland are prepared a lot better, so doubt he'd be put in this position over there!

Didn't you see last Tuesdays match on tv in Sweden, they had a big delay for track work.

• Like 1

The thing is the tracks in Sweden and Poland are prepared a lot better, so doubt he'd be put in this position over there!

Of course he and others would.Tracks can also be bad in Poland.A few tracks were fined by the Polish federation for the state of them.Plus as bad,maybe even worse is that riders are pretty much forced by the clubs to turn up and ride even when not fit.Nicki P was a couple of years ago for instance

Although to balance things up,it was reported here in the press that Tobi Busch was being forced to return to Redcar before he was fully recovered from injury last week.....

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

The point I would make is that after the remedial work, he had a good tac ride race against his brother but then decided he wouldn't race heat 13.

Didn't you see last Tuesdays match on tv in Sweden, they had a big delay for track work.

And yesterday's World U21's in Poland, the track was horrid but nobody stomped their feet and sulked off.

Some big crashes but they still got on with it, including Jack

• Like 2

In fairness it wasn't Jack who was complaining, he just got on with it and rode pretty well even before the remedial work.

That's true.But if his young,inexperienced Brother (compaired to Chris) rode it and got on with it,Jack's vastly experienced GP star Brother should of been able to as well.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Honesty time, it's personal, no jokes, cards on the table time

I think it's time for Chris to be honest with himself & the public and admit with events of the last few years he's scared.

Frightened to get thing a little bit wrong.

I honestly think Chris is trying his hardest to kid himself into thinking the issues are elsewhere.

I wasn't gonna say anything because it's personal to me but I can see it plain as day.

Looking into his eyes and body language in the pits at King's Lynn and on TV, like myself he is 100% suffering from (severe) depression & like I was, in complete denial.

Thing's got dangerously close for me & I do genuinely worry for him.

If anyone who reads this forum who knows Chris well enough to talk to him on a personal level should mention this to him asap.

I too would be willing to talk to him about it if he so wishes (in private).

He may well already be being treated for depression, if so, although very personal, once you let it out a tonne of weight does lift.

It doesn't end there but helps.

Chris, please talk to someone or someone please talk to him.

• Like 5

Honesty time, it's personal, no jokes, cards on the table time

I think it's time for Chris to be honest with himself & the public and admit with events of the last few years he's scared.

Frightened to get thing a little bit wrong.

I honestly think Chris is trying his hardest to kid himself into thinking the issues are elsewhere.

I wasn't gonna say anything because it's personal to me but I can see it plain as day.

Looking into his eyes and body language in the pits at King's Lynn and on TV, like myself he is 100% suffering from (severe) depression & like I was, in complete denial.

Thing's got dangerously close for me & I do genuinely worry for him.

If anyone who reads this forum who knows Chris well enough to talk to him on a personal level should mention this to him asap.

I too would be willing to talk to him about it if he so wishes (in private).

He may well already be being treated for depression, if so, although very personal, once you let it out a tonne of weight does lift.

It doesn't end there but helps.

Chris, please talk to someone or someone please talk to him.

Thats kind thoughts.