British Speedway Forum

Monday Not Sunday . Newcastle V Workington .

A bit nasty isnt it??

its a re arranged fixture, had it been originally scheduled for yesterday Lambert ( and Worrall) would have been there, but it wasnt. It was scheduled for GP weekend...

Mmmmmm, Im sure I seen Lambert & Worrall were riding in Poland yesterday :rolleyes: , like I've said after tonight only 1 more meeting over yonder to go , thank the bloody Lord :party::D

Mmmmmm, Im sure I seen Lambert & Worrall were riding in Poland yesterday :rolleyes: , like I've said after tonight only 1 more meeting over yonder to go , thank the bloody Lord :party::D

Yes and theyre British so they would of been riding for Newcastle and not their Polish teams if Newcastle had a meeting, but it got moved from the day after Cardiff because of the lack of track staff
  • Like 1

Is R/R staying at 3 or will it be moved to 2?

It'll be at three. team "setup" would have had to have been declared BEFORE Friday's match started (72 hours) so I don't think we can change it. We can for the away match at Ipswich though.

A bit nasty isnt it??

its a re arranged fixture, had it been originally scheduled for yesterday Lambert ( and Worrall) would have been there, but it wasnt. It was scheduled for GP weekend...

If it had been yesterday they would BOTH have been at Newcastle. BSPA do not have an agreement with the polish federation so it would have been two NL guests if they had been missing. It's only because the fixture was moved to Monday that they rode in Poland (despite what people think about Lambert's calendar). Newcastle lose money by running on a monday, so the fact that some people seem to think it was moved because of Lambert's (supposed) unavailability is garbage.

• Like 1

Rider replacement for Lewis means extra rides for Ludvig and Ashley, with Ben and Alfie taking the other rides, so without Lewis we are weakened in 3 of his rides. George has said he will be looking for a replacement for Lewis for the rest of the season. Now where have we heard that before? Best of luck George and sympathy for Lewis who was having a good season

Yes and theyre British so they would of been riding for Newcastle and not their Polish teams if Newcastle had a meeting, but it got moved from the day after Cardiff because of the lack of track staff

Plus the contractors WERE working on the refurbishment of the main building, removing the asbestos and renewing the wiring. I was there yesterday, along with about 12 others doing the sheeting and putting up the air fence. Those like TaylorJ will always, like usual, have their own agenda regardless of the facts.

Rider replacement for Lewis means extra rides for Ludvig and Ashley, with Ben and Alfie taking the other rides, so without Lewis we are weakened in 3 of his rides. George has said he will be looking for a replacement for Lewis for the rest of the season. Now where have we heard that before? Best of luck George and sympathy for Lewis who was having a good season

That's out of order John. When we have needed replacements due to injuries we have usually done OK, and George has been quick on the ball to get someone decent in in a very short time, Victor and Tero come to mind. Tonight, anybody who we signed could not have ridden anyway as the registration needs three full working days to be approved. I am sure George will spend the time before our next meeting at Sheffield on the 27th July and come up trumps again.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

Plus the contractors WERE working on the refurbishment of the main building, removing the asbestos and renewing the wiring. I was there yesterday, along with about 12 others doing the sheeting and putting up the air fence. Those like TaylorJ will always, like usual, have their own agenda regardless of the facts.

I didn't see anybody working there Dave,,, I seen the doors open and heard music on tho, but that could of been a ghetto blaster, (or cassette in you're day),,, but I feel a bit chesty, hope its not that asbestos stuff.

• Like 1

It'll be at three. team "setup" would have had to have been declared BEFORE Friday's match started (72 hours) so I don't think we can change it. We can for the away match at Ipswich though.

If it had been yesterday they would BOTH have been at Newcastle. BSPA do not have an agreement with the polish federation so it would have been two NL guests if they had been missing. It's only because the fixture was moved to Monday that they rode in Poland (despite what people think about Lambert's calendar). Newcastle lose money by running on a monday, so the fact that some people seem to think it was moved because of Lambert's (supposed) unavailability is garbage.

Thats what i said?

We might meet you in the cup yet Julie....ah hold on you're already out😂😂😂

Should batter us tonight with Cookie in your team, our weak reserves and Rose out

Edited by Arson fire

That's out of order John. When we have needed replacements due to injuries we have usually done OK, and George has been quick on the ball to get someone decent in in a very short time, Victor and Tero come to mind. Tonight, anybody who we signed could not have ridden anyway as the registration needs three full working days to be approved. I am sure George will spend the time before our next meeting at Sheffield on the 27th July and come up trumps again.

Well Dave you have misunderstood my comment "Where have we heard that before" I wasn't having a go I was just referring to Lewis having the same injury as last year and us needing to sign someone for remainder of season 2016 a carbon copy of last year so please don't have a go at me for something I am not guilty of :t:

• Like 2

Wooo bloody hooo !!! You can stick the KOC where the sun don't shine , such a shame I wasn't there tonight to see our boys bring 3 League points back , a massive well done boys , karma always finds a way to bite you on the backside Tsunami

you probly had a better chance in the KOC, cos you definitely won't win the league ;)

Workington better team tonight and deserved the win ... Also nice to see their fans complaining about tactics, track conditions and everything else tonight........... OH hang on there is not a murmour as they have won

• Like 2

Workington better team tonight and deserved the win ... Also nice to see their fans complaining about tactics, track conditions and everything else tonight........... OH hang on there is not a murmour as they have won

Not a murmour out of your lot tonight either as you have lost

The track was too smooth.

so you admit the track has always been rough and bumpy !

but today its smoooooth .

happy with the 3 points that you should have had , according to diamonds fans . we were there for the taking , but you failed .

but that us speedway , you have to take the rough with the smoooooth .

Edited by jenga