British Speedway Forum

Berwick V Glasgow Cl Sat July 15th At 7pm

What a load of f***ing sh*t

Nowt wrong with that track and had plenty time to sort it out!!! Was only 8.45 at the end of heat 14 FFS! 45 minutes to sort it out if the riders was going to whinge that much. David Howe looked absolutely fine in heat 14 and the 4 in heat 13 rode it fine, the sun was out and we havn't had any rain since the end of heat 13. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER TONIGHT!

Brilliant meeting all gets wiped off with that decision from BOTH teams, the boo's in the ducket were deafening from both sets of fans.

• Like 5

That was just such a slap in the face to all fans, it's impossible to be supportive of the support.

It shows where the root of so many of the problems are - riders.

Would you have seen Granty or Cribby refusing to ride because the track was a bit wet after a shower?

Yep, I think we are in 100% agreement with what happened tonight.

Still fizzing yet. It's ripped out all my enthusiasm for the sport.

Dont think riders ride in wet conditions anymore.

• Like 1

What a load of f***ing sh*t

Nowt wrong with that track and had plenty time to sort it out!!! Was only 8.45 at the end of heat 14 FFS! 45 minutes to sort it out if the riders was going to whinge that much. David Howe looked absolutely fine in heat 14 and the 4 in heat 13 rode it fine, the sun was out and we havn't had any rain since the end of heat 13. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER TONIGHT!

Brilliant meeting all gets wiped off with that decision from BOTH teams, the boo's in the ducket were deafening from both sets of fans.

Totally agree.

A heat 15 decider was the perfect end for a great meeting.

Or at least it would have been.

Feel completely cheated out of my £15 :angry:

• Like 2

I`m sure it suited both teams not to run heat 15. Both teams saved a heat`s wages. Glasgow probably happy to take 2 points for the away draw- a 4-2 reverse in the last and they would have only got 1 plus Berwick didn`t have a home defeat although if run they could have got a home win !!

Edited by racers and royals

Glad it's Cardiff and Pairs next week, hopefully seeing 2 good meetings will make up for that shambles.

Might not be a bad thing to have no meeting next Saturday, many in the main stand very angry and wouldn't be back. Hopefully by the time Sheffield hit town things will have calmed down and those fans will return, but there will be some who wont.

I haven't left a speedway meeting as disappointed and frustrated in a long time , in my opinion Berwick and the public were robbed of a win tonight. The conditions would have been no worse than they where when it was actually raining, the times in hts 13&14 where improving so I don't think that the track was the problem, it's my view that Glasgow didn't want to lose and where happy with the two points for the draw , I and plenty others have seen racing continue in far worse conditions than that track was in . A sad end to,what was a decent meeting that left a bitter taste in the mouth

• Like 2

I`m sure it suited both teams not to run heat 15. Both teams saved a heat`s wages. Glasgow probably happy to take 2 points for the away draw- a 4-2 reverse in the last and they would have only got 1 plus Berwick didn`t have a home defeat although if run they could have got a home win !!

Conned the public out of a last heat decider and that's who are keeping these clubs alive, well over 100 Glasgow fans in attendance who had travelled around 100 miles and had stood in the rain cheering on their team, they wouldn't have minded a last heat decider going the way of Berwick the same way as the Berwick fans wouldn'f of minded a last heat decider going in Glasgow's favour, after all we never win anyways so it wouldn't upset anyone really.
  • Like 2

We had a trainee referee tonight, might have been an idea if he, or his assistant and grown a pair and pushed on with the meeting, or at least ordered some track prep.

Take your point, but its fair to say Berwick fans have had their fare share of rubbish this season to put up with, now this massive own goal.

• Like 3

Got to admit I was very surprised when heat 15 wasn't run after heats 12-14 were run in the rain. It was all set up for a last heat decider and then the announcement. Don't think anybody saw that coming. Mind you it was a cracking meeting before that, the races between Perry and Jacobs then Morris and Worrall the highlights for me. Big improvements from Jacobs and Gappmaier tonight, with wins over Lawson and Summers. Very impressed with Dan Bewley tonight, looked smooth in his first couple of rides and his attempt to slow the race in heat 14 showed great maturity for a teenager.

Good crowd again tonight, mainly due to a big travelling support. Meetings against Glasgow tend to be full of incidents.

Assuming it's a load of baloney but any truth is Lawson and Worrall having a bit of argy bargy tonight

There was a rumour going around about a carry on before the meeting. How much truth there is anybody's guess.

Assuming it's a load of baloney but any truth is Lawson and Worrall having a bit of argy bargy tonight

Its not baloney bit more than argy bargy aswell seems worrall is a bit to friendly with lawsons mrs is what ive heard dont think he would do that to a team mate would he??