British Speedway Forum

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

How can Stuart Robson ride for Newcastle when he won't complete enough meetings?

Poor Berwick don't even have Nick Morris riding......

I think Morris will be riding in Poland that day.

I see after being booted out of the competition this time last week, Berwick and Scunthorpe have got their own back at the BSPA by refusing to bring a reserve rider. :D

How can Stuart Robson ride for Newcastle when he won't complete enough meetings?

Poor Berwick don't even have Nick Morris riding......

Because all ten teams are taking part there is no need to apply the criteria of a minimum no. of rides per rider per team by a certain date to apply. As long as a rider has ridden at least one home and one away match for the team he qualifies. The precedent was set for the pairs with Peterboro being allowed to track Chris Harris (had it gone ahead). In previous years he wouldn't have qualified.

The fact that Berwick's Nick Morris and Nicolai Busk Jacobsen (and any others i'm not yet aware of) CHOOSE to ride elsewhere is Berwick's loss, and unfortunate for their supporters, but nothing to do with BSPA.

I see after being booted out of the competition this time last week, Berwick and Scunthorpe have got their own back at the BSPA by refusing to bring a reserve rider. :D

Cheaper for the BSPA as they won't have to pay travel costs. They would have been knackered under the original proposed format of 5 man races as all 5 riders in the team were programmed to have 2 starts in the semi's. In the revised format the reserves lose out as they are not guaranteed a start.

Would anyone out there have a heat by heat race format on how this meeting will be run. Thanks in advance for any help.

There should be a supplementary SCB regulation in the download section of the SCB website hopefully some time soon. (It's not there yet). The final will be run as it has in the past over 12 heats.

Because all ten teams are taking part there is no need to apply the criteria of a minimum no. of rides per rider per team by a certain date to apply. As long as a rider has ridden at least one home and one away match for the team he qualifies. The precedent was set for the pairs with Peterboro being allowed to track Chris Harris (had it gone ahead). In previous years he wouldn't have qualified.

The fact that Berwick's Nick Morris and Nicolai Busk Jacobsen (and any others i'm not yet aware of) CHOOSE to ride elsewhere is Berwick's loss, and unfortunate for their supporters, but nothing to do with BSPA.

Cheaper for the BSPA as they won't have to pay travel costs. They would have been knackered under the original proposed format of 5 man races as all 5 riders in the team were programmed to have 2 starts in the semi's. In the revised format the reserves lose out as they are not guaranteed a start.

There should be a supplementary SCB regulation in the download section of the SCB website hopefully some time soon. (It's not there yet). The final will be run as it has in the past over 12 heats.

I thought people were saying that Nick was racing for Berwick and then took up his chance to race in Poland when Berwick were kicked out the competition. If this is the case then it has something to do with the BSPA.

Was it the fours years ago when Berwick held a collection for possibly Simon Cartwright? I think it was to cover his costs because he didn't get anything because he didn't get a race. It probably wasn't the fours but I seem to remember something.

Was the format 5 rider races over 8 heats or 10 heats.

Nick Morris was available to ride in the fours until we got kicked out where he naturally contacted his Polish team Rzeszow who he has been scoring very well for to tell them that he is infact available for the BSPA to then put us back in but in that time he had agreed to ride in Poland that day and can now not get out of that, rumours was that the same happened with Jakobsen but he is now injured and so is out of it anyways, such a shame

I thought people were saying that Nick was racing for Berwick and then took up his chance to race in Poland when Berwick were kicked out the competition. If this is the case then it has something to do with the BSPA.

Was it the fours years ago when Berwick held a collection for possibly Simon Cartwright? I think it was to cover his costs because he didn't get anything because he didn't get a race. It probably wasn't the fours but I seem to remember something.

Was the format 5 rider races over 8 heats or 10 heats.

If that's so then I apologise. He wouldn't have been the first, nor probably the last, to have chosen Poland over the fours.

The semi's were 10 heats. each rider (barring injury) programmed two starts.

The final reverting to 12 heats 4 man races. 3 programmed rides each for the top 4 in each team. The reserve allowed a maximum of 4 rides, but not programmed any.

Berwick only have 4 riders available, hope they all have a safe meeting at Redcar on Thursday

Berwick only have 4 riders available, hope they all have a safe meeting at Redcar on Thursday

While wishing no one any harm the only way this farcical situation could get any worst is if the management committee have to stand on the centre Green and announce while their trousers fall down Brian Rix style who the Berwick guests are

Edited by Triple.H.