British Speedway Forum

Workington V Peterborough 15/07/17 7:00 Pm Champ.

dan , i see you mention racing on an off night .

would it not be in the interest of the sport AND the fans of workington to try and arrange off night racing , so as not to be without our number1 rider ?

its about time workington stopped all this bullocks of laying down to other teams because they have a rider missing for a certain meeting .

i am not one to moan normally ( cough ) ,but the situation is now becoming a joke and many fans are on the verge of giving up supporting speedway . not just at workington either .

time to grow some baubells and wring the sports neck and run it as it should be run .

as mentioned in a previous post . the adam roynon affair is a joke and i dont care what anyone else thinks . adam tried , unlike his replacement and was a track record holder .

from now on , any posts involving workington will be seen as a clown outfit .

its on the same scale as the vatcher ruling ..

if you want to ban me off this forum , there is nothing i can ,............ except !

signed

a life long supporter of workington speedway , but not a happy one ......

you cant race while the track covers are down !

did you manage to get to a home :shock: meeting this month ? :D

That is exactly what I said we would probably be doing. Council planning permissions and rugby use need to worked around to achieve this though but it will be done. No fixtures have been rearranged to suit other clubs without it suiting us too.

and ( never start a sentence with the word and ) rearranged fixtures mean we have not got first choice on OUR riders .

extreeeeemley frustrating .

my eldest went to the reds v carlisle last week and enjoyed it .

he has asked me to come on a regular bases . i,m thinking it over . i have two weeks to make a decision .

• Like 1

dan , i see you mention racing on an off night .

would it not be in the interest of the sport AND the fans of workington to try and arrange off night racing , so as not to be without our number1 rider ?

its about time workington stopped all this bullocks of laying down to other teams because they have a rider missing for a certain meeting .

i am not one to moan normally ( cough ) ,but the situation is now becoming a joke and many fans are on the verge of giving up supporting speedway . not just at workington either .

time to grow some baubells and wring the sports neck and run it as it should be run .

as mentioned in a previous post . the adam roynon affair is a joke and i dont care what anyone else thinks . adam tried , unlike his replacement and was a track record holder .

from now on , any posts involving workington will be seen as a clown outfit .

its on the same scale as the vatcher ruling ..

if you want to ban me off this forum , there is nothing i can ,............ except !

signed

a life long supporter of workington speedway , but not a happy one ......

you cant race while the track covers are down !

did you manage to get to a home :shock: meeting this month ? :D

Yes I was there on Wednesday

Yes I was there on Wednesday

well done .

is that the one where the massif were making lots of noise behind paying customers and making them leave to another viewing area ?

wonder if they will return !

Edited by jenga

i bet the massif feel great at losing potential customers for chris and co .

suppose it a bit like the mexicans at belle vue . are they still going or has everyone stopped going as the mec e cans were abusive ?

well done .

is that the one where the massif were making lots of noise behind paying customers and making them leave to another viewing area ?

they were seasoned regulars jenga with old hats and programme boards. Im sure they will be back 👍

They may well sit in front again next week. They looked even older than I imagine you are and may well not be in a mind to remember the noise or anything else about the week before 😜

ok , how come they know where to come back to , seasoned regulars or not . maybe if they just turned their hearing aids down a wee bit . lol.

they may just live under the stands like trolls*

*Proper ones not internet ones

well done .

Jenga, there was me thinking it was a speedway meeting and not a library.

Heaven forbid you ever go to Poland, where there are 10,000 Poles all chanting at the same time.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

yes , but those 10,000 poles have one thing in common . thats supporting a club as one .

hot half a dozen or so nit wits trying to be like poles .

gollob has gone , as has hampel , get over it . your are in the championship now . ...

Not looking to be like Poles - We just a bunch of country bumpkins boy 🚜🚜 👍

Nowt but straw between our ears - thats why the noise dont bother us 😆

Edit - thanks for the compliment - think we might adopt the 'hot half dozen' tag ☺

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

youre one of us now Baldy - no escape now even if you try by missing the odd meeting

You boys should give up Foxhole and start supporting Panthers. You're on our threads more than the boy and girls from the EoES.

You boys should give up Foxhole and start supporting Panthers. You're on our threads more than the boy and girls from the EoES.

If we did give up Foxhall and travel weekly (or should that be sporadically when the landlord allows 😜) to the EoES I think its safe to say its the opposition that would get out support 😀

If we did give up Foxhall and travel weekly (or should that be sporadically when the landlord allows ) to the EoES I think its safe to say its the opposition that would get out support

On second thoughts, having to wait an hour or more for a county ambulance to take you to hospital to have your bell removed means that you're probably best to stay at Foxhole. Also much easier to get there on and park your waddledickie ;)

• Like 1

Not looking to be like Poles - We just a bunch of country bumpkins boy

Nowt but straw between our ears - thats why the noise dont bother us

Edit - thanks for the compliment - think we might adopt the 'hot half dozen' tag ☺

I'm sure you don't drive anyone away , part of the enjoyment of my yearly visits to Ipswich is meeting and having a beer with you guys . Anyway onto Worky , we were taking names last night for a trip to Worky on the 29th , hopefully we can get this one on .

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 4