British Speedway Forum

The Draft 3 Years On

Steve Worrall was riding with his brother, Richie, in the Scunthorpe NL team in 2011, a couple of years before the EDR was brought in.

The EDR system was not thought through as it brought the young kids in straight at the deep end. To me, the young lads need the experience riding at different levels as it should have been NL to PL then PL to EL(old league titles)

The PL didn't want anything to do with it did they?

• Like 1

It produced problems in averages and going up the team, so the scheme was looked at. After criticism on here, the BSPA dropped it for now, but I think could return sometime in the future.

It served two purposes at the time, saving money and giving the best youngsters an accelerated route and many riders have benefitted from it.

Remember that if the level of guests is to be lowered or eliminated, and less foreign lower order riders not employed, any scheme like the EDR is to be applauded.

...or his Dad.

Agree that the fundamental principle was a good one, and gas definitely helped bring through some good British youngsters.

Averages were only an issue because of the utter incompetence of the BSPA in implementing it.

• Like 1

Don't forget Jesus the horse... I mean , he was born in a stable right ???

...and going to Church makes you religious, right? So that means that standing in a garage makes me a car then??? :unsure:

Steve