British Speedway Forum

Poole V Belle Vue Bt Sports 26/6/17

The capacity for speedway is probably higher. I seem to remember monmore is reported in some places as having a capacity of less than 2000 but they get 4000 in apparently. I say apparently as their safety certificate says 2500ish (I've lost the email the council sent, doh!) but they did increase capacity significantly for the cup final with an impressive temporary grandstand

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14449945_10210951477682011_2351472181859809569_n.jpg?oh=a007b51aae5bad39d27ab7edc0cc8ea8&oe=59C6C0D4

so I suppose 4k is about right?

It was based on the Maracana...😁

Sorry, just checked and it's 3,900 and that was the amount at the 2010 play-off final according to your stadium manager.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/8437263.display/

So starman could be right, about 2000 would seem about right based on what I've seen on previous visits relative to that night.

Crowds of 5000 and 7000 are crap though!

We had 7 k in the stadium for the WC final in 0-4. We would regulary get crowds of 5k in the 70's,but you know better dont you... not.

Think i'l re name you Shaun drivel. You clearly have plenty of time on your hands.. :rofl: Nice to know you admit im right..

Edited by Starman2006

We had 7 k in the stadium for the WC final in 0-4. We would regulary get crowds of 5k in the 70's,but you know better dont you... not.

Think i'l re name you Shaun drivel. You clearly have plenty of time on your hands.. :rofl: Nice to know you admit im right..

18,996 posts and you say Shaun must have plenty of time on his hands!?...

Even a Yank would spot the irony somewhere in that...😁😁

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

A bit like BV for the British final on Monday then. Half the main grandstand was empty and many spaces on the back straight.

About 2200 there. A good crowd for Monday night

We get more or less that every week. ;)

Most weeks.

i think Starman's been to the 'Diane Abbott School of figures' :rofl::rofl:

• Like 4

And some 40,000 would turn up at the BLRC at the old Hyde Rd back in the good old 70's, crowds country wide are diminishing nowadays.Last night's GP at Horsens had empty spaces in a stadium with a 10500 capacity. Speedway is dying, something needs doing and doing soon.

• Like 1

I go premiership football including last months FA cup final, and guess what, I was allowed to take food and drink in. Speedway is strictly small time time compared to those events, and needs every mug punter it can get.

if you read my original post, I was referring to poole not the Isle of Wight. So stick that where the sun don't shine!

Sounds as though you've found the ideal place to conceal any food or drink prior to being searched!!

Most teams attracted large crowds in the 70s . including the famous Belle Vue Aces who probably back then saw 5k as a poor turnout

Really looking forward to this should be a cracker and great for tv. Whatever some have said i think both teams will be up for this one and although we have a vunerable number one the rest are riding pretty well, hoping Klindt comes back and has a good one, Starke should have a good night at reserve.

have you forgot brady riding one ?

I hope you're right!

Looking at the table it is building to another three way fight for top spot, and another win for Kings Lynn at Belle Vue would make it a fantastic four way battle to the end of the season, pity top doesn't matter anymore.

The reality is if Poole win tomorrow and KL win on Wednesday the top four are pretty much done and dusted so its just a case of muddling through until autumn until anything meaningful is on offer again.

At least if Poole and/or KL lose this week there'll be some interest for the lower qualifiers which will obviously pack the fans in.

The way Troy rides Belle Vue I'm pretty sure he will be advising the rest of the Stars how to best set their bikes up, if our boys have their gating boots on we should win at both Poole and at home to Lynn. if not we could lose both matches.

The way Troy rides Belle Vue I'm pretty sure he will be advising the rest of the Stars how to best set their bikes up, if our boys have their gating boots on we should win at both Poole and at home to Lynn. if not we could lose both matches.

I dont think you will win at Poole gating boots on or not.

You can't say that Skidder! Some bloke shuffling around in the pits wearing a mac, talking gibberish and looking like Dustin Hoffman said it was bad!

The rest of us thought it was great racing.

The track is as rough as fook but twats like you think it's ok even the Poole riders were moaning that's fact, shovel face you need to go to Specsavers if you disagree

The track is as rough as fook but twats like you think it's ok even the Poole riders were moaning that's fact, shovel face you need to go to Specsavers if you disagree

We will be ready for them tomorrow night... ;)

Edited by Starman2006

Both Bjerre and Fricke on fire this afternoon in Poland. Brilliant ride by Fricke to catch and pass Zmarzlik on the line. If he brings that tomorrow we could be in serious trouble. Bjerre no doubt will be gate and gone.