British Speedway Forum

New Averages For 42 Point Limit

Next season should be more simple

All riders given a starting average, this average remains fixed until end of May and rider transfers are done so based on starting average

I.e if Briger starts on a 7 average no matter if it goes up to 9 or drops to 5 all changed are based on his starting average.

End of June all riders are given averages based on how many meetings they've competed from start of season til end of June (rider must have competed in at least 8 meetings to have new average or it stays at starting average).

Transfer window opens July 1st til end of July and thats speedway team changes done and averages stay fixed at July 1st averages until the end of the season.

At the end of the season riders given new average based on July 1st attained average and end of season average

This way at the start of the season riders can't manipulate averages, and end of season riders can't down tools either

Or Abbott and Costello...

Whose on 4.3?

Watt?

No he's on 2.86...

What?

Yes Watt, he got a 2.86 riding for Rye House..

Who?

No Watt, who does 'Who' ride for?

One for the teenagers there....

However not sure about about Abbott and Costello but I wouldn't be surprised to see that the Three Stooges may have played a part somewhere...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Hopefully the points limit will be reasonable and we can revert to rolling averages.

Exactly that. Hopefully squads are an option so teams can sign two riders to share one position if needed to avoid all of the missing riders and guests at every match - even if that means dropping to 6 man teams.

Garrity is 7.09 for Leicester now, thats 80% of his PL average from last season.

So it looks like they have gone with a 0.80 factor, which Im happy with and makes some sense.

Not sure how Lawson gets 7.80 though :/ Or Cam Heep 5.53

All figures are a ÷1.2 of their championship figures

But only if there's an "R" in the month :P

Except they're not. They might be 20% less than their Championship figures but thats not divided by 1.2 and they're most certainly not in some cases, explain Lawson and Heeps....

Except they're not. They might be 20% less than their Championship figures but thats not divided by 1.2 and they're most certainly not in some cases, explain Lawson and Heeps....

It's June. No "R" in the month.

Sorry, I don't mean to be flippant. But, many weeks ago, I gave up trying to keep up with the rules. Especially those pertaining to averages and team building.

Am I alone in this?

• Like 1

It's June. No "R" in the month.

Sorry, I don't mean to be flippant. But, many weeks ago, I gave up trying to keep up with the rules. Especially those pertaining to averages and team building.

Am I alone in this?

The bspa are calling in Dianne Abbott to calculate them :wink:

• Like 1

Last green sheet on Bspa website for Championship date 16/6

Lawson 9.36 /1.2 = 7.8

Heeps 6.64/1.2=5.53

Garrity 8.51/1.2 = 7.09

Last green sheet on Bspa website for Championship date 16/6

Lawson 9.36 /1.2 = 7.8

Heeps 6.64/1.2=5.53

Garrity 8.51/1.2 = 7.09

How about:

Masters Championship 8.90 Premiership 8.08

Wells Championship 8.46 Premiership 6.42

Might it be that the 1.2 factor is used unless they have done 4h/4a in which case they calculate a true Premiership average? I've no idea but it could be that.

I really hope you can get to the bottom of this very confusing situation and publish the rules in the speedway star so the fans can understand what is going on?

It looks like the latest GS issues( number 13) are showing the new averages ( Col. C ) effective from 23. 6.17.

http://speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/p17_issue_13.pdf

• Like 1

Given that the BSPA will need to determine a new conversion rate for Elite League to Premiership and Championship to Premiership, it should be possible to issue comparable averages for all riders even if they are yet to complete 4H and 4A.
Therefore Zengota and Kasprazak would have their Elite League averages converted using the new rate while Jorgensen and Gappmaier would have their Championship averages converted.
This would mean all teams have riders on a "new" average, either acheived by riding at least 4H and 4A or converted using the new rates.

Good to see Zengota and Kasprazak appear to have had their averages calculated differently.

With the new averages, the difference in team strengths are showing:

Belle Vue 43.96

Kings Lynn 43.24

Leicester 39.3

Poole 43.31 (or 44.75 with KK)

Rye House 41.22

Somerset 42.72 (or 43.71 with PH)

Swindon 40.98

Wolves 48.48

May as well give the trophy to Wolves now and be done with it

Edited by Steve0