British Speedway Forum

New Averages For 42 Point Limit

So Kings Lynn can bring Woffy in for Thomas Jorgensen on July 31st then? Yeah, can't see that being the case!

No. He'd be reasssessed to a Division One average if they wished to re-declare.

I'm assuming he's been brought in on his Second Division average based on King's Lynn still being on their starting averages.

The BSPA had their meeting yesterday (Monday) which is why so many attended the British Final!!!!

New averages are effective this Friday (23/06/17) I understand. Riders that have not yet completed 4H/4A will remain on their starting average - unless their team/promoter wishes to redeclare.. In that case I imagine that the BSPA will use a formula based on the average of the actual scores in meetings each rider has ridden and the starting average!! Obviously any redeclaration must then fit within 42 points although I assume like-for-like single replacements will still be allowed.

none of those approaches make any sense whatsoever. Just when you think they can get no more incompetent, they prI've otherwise.

What logic could you use for using a hybrid of starting average and current year average?

Why would you allow facilities (rr and g) to be based on a figure that I'd inflated by 20%?

Or even worse like for like replacements on that basis ?

And how can u get two months through the season and still be making things up as you go along?

The only small positive is that next year, for the first time in 5 seasons, we should start and end the season with "real" averages. The BSPA can take zero credit for that.

No. He'd be reasssessed to a Division One average if they wished to re-declare.

I'm assuming he's been brought in on his Second Division average based on King's Lynn still being on their starting averages.

why would he? And has an official conversion been announced for cl average?

So Kings Lynn can bring Woffy in for Thomas Jorgensen on July 31st then? Yeah, can't see that being the case!

King's Lynn wouldn't do that if they could as the promotion ain't sharp enough.

But if what is being said correct King's Lynn can certainly benefit from giving Jorgensen 7 matches then sack him for another 7.30 Championship rider.

none of those approaches make any sense whatsoever. Just when you think they can get no more incompetent, they prI've otherwise.

What logic could you use for using a hybrid of starting average and current year average?

Why would you allow facilities (rr and g) to be based on a figure that I'd inflated by 20%?

Or even worse like for like replacements on that basis ?

And how can u get two months through the season and still be making things up as you go along?

The only small positive is that next year, for the first time in 5 seasons, we should start and end the season with "real" averages. The BSPA can take zero credit for that.

why would he? And has an official conversion been announced for cl average?

I've no idea what average Jorgensen is on, but surely he's been declared in the King's Lynn side on their original starting average. So, once their 4H4A average comes into effect, he stays on whatever average he is on, unless they re-declare, in which case he'd be assessed with a top flight average.

I'm just going on Skidder's post, where it states that riders with less than 4H4A remain on their starting average unless the side re-declares.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems straight forward to me.

King's Lynn wouldn't do that if they could as the promotion ain't sharp enough.

But if what is being said correct King's Lynn can certainly benefit from giving Jorgensen 7 matches then sack him for another 7.30 Championship rider.

As stated, his average would be re-assessed if they wanted to re-declare.

I've no idea what average Jorgensen is on, but surely he's been declared in the King's Lynn side on their original starting average. So, once their 4H4A average comes into effect, he stays on whatever average he is on, unless they re-declare, in which case he'd be assessed with a top flight average.

I'm just going on Skidder's post, where it states that riders with less than 4H4A remain on their starting average unless the side re-declares.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems straight forward to me.

As stated, his average would be re-assessed if they wanted to re-declare.

We wouldn't be re-declaring though, just a like for like change.

Jorgensen has been introduced on his Championship 7.30 average which took us to exactly 50.00.

What's being said it's for Jorgensen to get a Premiership average he'd still have to do 4 home 4 away.

If that's the case, we can benefit hugely imo if there's no conversion in place between the Premiership's new averages and the Championship.

We wouldn't be re-declaring though, just a like for like change.

Jorgensen has been introduced on his Championship 7.30 average which took us to exactly 50.00.

What's being said it's for Jorgensen to get a Premiership average he'd still have to do 4 home 4 away.

If that's the case, we can benefit hugely imo if there's no conversion in place between the Premiership's new averages and the Championship.

Doing a like-for-like change would be re-declaring.

What's being said is that if the side re-declares, any rider who hasn't done 4H4A will be re-assessed.

Given that the BSPA will need to determine a new conversion rate for Elite League to Premiership and Championship to Premiership, it should be possible to issue comparable averages for all riders even if they are yet to complete 4H and 4A.

Therefore Zengota and Kasprazak would have their Elite League averages converted using the new rate while Jorgensen and Gappmaier would have their Championship averages converted.

This would mean all teams have riders on a "new" average, either acheived by riding at least 4H and 4A or converted using the new rates.

Given that the BSPA will need to determine a new conversion rate for Elite League to Premiership and Championship to Premiership, it should be possible to issue comparable averages for all riders even if they are yet to complete 4H and 4A.
Therefore Zengota and Kasprazak would have their Elite League averages converted using the new rate while Jorgensen and Gappmaier would have their Championship averages converted.
This would mean all teams have riders on a "new" average, either acheived by riding at least 4H and 4A or converted using the new rates.

And when will they apply from? End of June?, end of July? or 2018 season.

And when will they apply from? End of June?, end of July? or 2018 season.

Whenever the 4H4A matches averages come into effect.

• Like 1

The averages must be out. Somerset's meeting preview shows new averages for all of their riders for this friday's match v Leicester.

No doubt the teams have got them and have had an idea of what they would be like for a while, but they are not on bspa site yet

Hope it works for Kyle Newman who was treated poorly after getting injured on Ford's crap track.

I hope Poole can't re sign him on his new Thurs ave.Hope someone gets a bargain.He will come good once fit.He's picking it up a bit now.Would of had him for Porsing,but got a feeling he's sorted and waiting till Thursday :wink:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

No doubt the teams have got them and have had an idea of what they would be like for a while, but they are not on bspa site yet

Somerset site lists both the Rebels side and Lions team for Friday night although Garrity is listed twice ! Once at 7.09 and again as 6.00 so which is it and why ?

they come into effect either thurs/fri this week one week after the Swindon match which was the last team to do 4h 4a

The press release cancelling Rye v Cov says Thur.

Now all we need is the new GSAs and the rules for assessing riders without a 2017 average.

Garrity is 7.09 for Leicester now, thats 80% of his PL average from last season.

So it looks like they have gone with a 0.80 factor, which Im happy with and makes some sense.

Not sure how Lawson gets 7.80 though :/ Or Cam Heep 5.53

Edited by SCB

Garrity is 7.09 for Leicester now, thats 80% of his PL average from last season.

So it looks like they have gone with a 0.80 factor, which Im happy with and makes some sense.

Whilst you may be happy with his average, it seems to be in conflict with what the rule says in so much that the average may be given based on rides ridden. I'm aware that that part of the rule can produce some nonsensical averages but if they wanted to use some other formula, why oh why, did they not include in the recent rule addition? It appears that they are using the Poole method with rules, "make it up as you go along & fit it in to how it suits you.

The press release cancelling Rye v Cov says Thur.

Now all we need is the new GSAs and the rules for assessing riders without a 2017 average.

It was already written into the original rule & nothing was amended when the recent addition to the rule was issued. It appears that they are making their own rule up as they go along if you look at the averages for Somerset v Leicester meeting on Friday.

Me too - I've used Somerset and Glasgow averages and can't work out how he's ended up on 7.80!