British Speedway Forum

New Averages For 42 Point Limit

Is there any chance that the new averages for the 42 point limit, that were due to be issued by 1st May, will be issued before the cut off date for team changes?

I see that they have issued a new regulation SR1705. This confirms a new points limit of 42 points to be used when the new averages are issued but mentions no date. It also confirms that any re-declaration requires that the team must contain 2 riders who have ridden or who are eligible for the NL.

Is cut off end of June or July for changes?

Wouldn't it when proper if the BSPA had made a statement informing everybody what was going to happen regarding the change over. Dates of implementing and the effect this would have.

Or is that asking too much.........

I'm told they'll be out by Monday. But I am still not clear how averages will be worked out for those that have not ridden 4 home/4 away

and I can confirm that they are still not clear how it is going to be worked out, as kyle is obviously trying to find out and has spoken to quite a few promoters, also to Gordon Pairman at Berwick last night, and they don't know yet. hopefully be sorted tomorrow but who knows. Edited by KN1

and I can confirm that they are still not clear how it is going to be worked out, as kyle is obviously trying to find out and has spoken to quite a few promoters, also to Gordon Pairman at Berwick last night, and they don't know yet. hopefully be sorted tomorrow but who knows.

By the rules as is quoted "16.2.7 A SGB Premiership or Championship League rider will establish an MA after 4 Home and 4 Away fixtures, becoming effective 7 days after the last qualifying Meeting. Should an Established MA not be achieved to be effective from 1st May, then the MC may issue a revised MA, based upon actual rides if the Team re-declares. I know it says if a team re-declares but if any team has issued a re-declaration effective from 18th, then they would gain an advantage. The trouble is they made a massive cock up when they wrote the rule. How often do teams ride 4/4 by the 1st May, especially with all these d/u riders.

Edited by DunRobin

Reading between the lines of the Jorgensen signing for Kings Lynn any new averages will be effective on Thursday.

When or whether we will find out what they are is a different matter.

New averages only come in once all 7 riders have completed 4 home and 4 away as far as I am aware.

They cannot wait for that to happen as those who have injuries etc could delay the implementation of the new averages for ever.

It has already been announced that any rider below the 4h4a will have his average assessed.

The teams should have been given new averages following Swindons home meeting last thurs.

Edited by A ORLOV

New averages only come in once all 7 riders have completed 4 home and 4 away as far as I am aware.

Not according to the rule on SCB website.

They cannot wait for that to happen as those who have injuries etc could delay the implementation of the new averages for ever.

It has already been announced that any rider below the 4h4a will have his average assessed.

The teams should have been given new averages following Swindons home meeting last thurs.

Should have, Could Have, no let's not be silly this is the BSPA! I beginning to think BSPA is the acronym for British Speedway Presumed Averages.

• Like 1

Not according to the rule on SCB website.

Should have, Could Have, no let's not be silly this is the BSPA! I beginning to think BSPA is the acronym for British Speedway Presumed Averages.

I have different last two words but do not want to get banned :D:D:D

• Like 1

The BSPA had their meeting yesterday (Monday) which is why so many attended the British Final!!!!

New averages are effective this Friday (23/06/17) I understand. Riders that have not yet completed 4H/4A will remain on their starting average - unless their team/promoter wishes to redeclare.. In that case I imagine that the BSPA will use a formula based on the average of the actual scores in meetings each rider has ridden and the starting average!! Obviously any redeclaration must then fit within 42 points although I assume like-for-like single replacements will still be allowed.

• Like 1

The BSPA had their meeting yesterday (Monday) which is why so many attended the British Final!!!!

New averages are effective this Friday (23/06/17) I understand. Riders that have not yet completed 4H/4A will remain on their starting average - unless their team/promoter wishes to redeclare.. In that case I imagine that the BSPA will use a formula based on the average of the actual scores in meetings each rider has ridden and the starting average!! Obviously any redeclaration must then fit within 42 points although I assume like-for-like single replacements will still be allowed.

that sounds more like they havent got a clue and still havent decided what to really do!

How can you have like for like replacements using different formats

How can you have more than one team building points limit?? How can you have riders with impossible to achieve assessed starting averages? How....?

Shall I go on?

It'll suit some riders/clubs more than others depending on how the riders/team are doing!!

So Kings Lynn can bring Woffy in for Thomas Jorgensen on July 31st then? Yeah, can't see that being the case!