British Speedway Forum

Teams Of World Finalists

chunky

Monday 10 October in a Challenge Match between Birmingham and Cradley Heath when Cradley only used six riders but more interestingly 12 World finalists were on show in the meeting.

Birmingham 23

Hans Nielsen 9, Rick Miller (guest) 7, Andy Grahame 4, Neil Evitts 2, Bruce Cribb 1, Steve Bastable 0, Petr Ondrasik 0

Cradley Heath 55

Phil Collins 12, Erik Gundersen 11, Alan Grahame 11, Simon Wigg 10, Peter Ravn 6, Jan Pedersen 5

Bruce Cribb, did qualify as reserve in the 1978 World ice Speedway Individual Final representing Great Britain, and the 1979 World Team Cup Final for New Zealand.

Many thanks to iris123 for pointing out that Bruce qualified for the 1988 World Ice Speedway Final in Eindhoven.

Edited by Robbie B

Monday 10 October in a Challenge Match between Birmingham and Cradley Heath when Cradley only used six riders but more interestingly 12 World finalists were on show in the meeting.

Birmingham 23

Hans Nielsen 9, Rick Miller (guest) 7, Andy Grahame 4, Neil Evitts 2, Bruce Cribb 1, Steve Bastable 0, Petr Ondrasik 0

Cradley Heath 55

Phil Collins 12, Erik Gundersen 11, Alan Grahame 11, Simon Wigg 10, Peter Ravn 6, Jan Pedersen 5

Bruce Cribb, did qualify as reserve in the 1978 World ice Speedway Individual Final representing Great Britain, and the 1979 World Team Cup Final for New Zealand.

Bruce qualified outright for the 1988 World Ice Speedway Final in Eindhoven.You can see him on the parade behind the England banner and around 15 minutes he finishes in 3rd place in one heat.Sure you can find more of him throughout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7lotyYN9a0

http://www.speedway-yesterday.de/html/body_eisspeedway-einzel.html

• Like 1

Bruce qualified outright for the 1988 World Ice Speedway Final in Eindhoven.You can see him on the parade behind the England banner and around 15 minutes he finishes in 3rd place in one heat.Sure you can find more of him throughout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7lotyYN9a0

http://www.speedway-yesterday.de/html/body_eisspeedway-einzel.html

T forgot all about that one, after typing all the above. Many thanks

Birmingham 23

Cradley Heath 55

Many thanks to iris123 for pointing out that Bruce qualified for the 1988 World Ice Speedway Final in Eindhoven.

Interesting stuff. The Bruce Cribb/Ice Final is a bit of a segway. But I'll happily jump on board. It got me thinking about teams with World Speedway, World Long-Track and World Ice Speedway Champions all in the same team. From my dusty brain, I got Poole 1983 with Lee, Ermolenko, Stenlund. Can anyone match or beat that?

Interesting stuff. The Bruce Cribb/Ice Final is a bit of a segway. But I'll happily jump on board. It got me thinking about teams with World Speedway, World Long-Track and World Ice Speedway Champions all in the same team. From my dusty brain, I got Poole 1983 with Lee, Ermolenko, Stenlund. Can anyone match or beat that?

Well, seeing that Stenlund and Milan Spinka were the only ice-racing champs to ride in Britain, that does narrow it down!

Steve

Edited by chunky
  • Like 1

In Wimbledon's team in 1957 and 1958 their was Ronnie Moore, Barry Briggs and Ivan Mauger.

On Tuesday 16 September 1958 in a challenge match away against Southampton they all rode together in the same team.

And again at home against Oxford in a National League match on Monday 22 September 1958.

Also in both of these matches was future World Pairs Champion Bob Andrews.

Edited by Robbie B