British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 9/6/17

Great that hans is riding. Gonna be a real tough one now.

1 thing for sure it's bound to be a cracker. Usually is when the pie-rats ate in town.

Really excited for it.

Weather is set perfect to. Tiny bit of rain now stopping very soon to leave a mix day of cloud and sun.

Do you stand or sit Phil? Would be good to say hello.

Me and Rob now coming up. Without Andersen it was pointless in making the 10 hour round trip. Have to say Batchelor is not a good choice. Feel his best is long gone. Don't expect to get a point out of this but enjoy the racing here so as long as the track produces some exciting stuff we can't complain.

Who would you rather have had?

Batchelor scored 13 there this season in the individual meeting. Zengota has never rode there so i would say thats a darn good replacement.

Throw into the mix that Bates is better than Klindt round there , along with Belle Vue struggling to win at home, along with Hans riding, and i would say Poole are favourites now to win this meeting.

Remember Belle Vue scrapped home against Swindon and Leicester and lost to Somerset, 3 teams worse than Poole.

Who would you rather have had?

Batchelor scored 13 there this season in the individual meeting. Zengota has never rode there so i would say thats a darn good replacement.

Throw into the mix that Bates is better than Klindt round there , along with Belle Vue struggling to win at home, along with Hans riding, and i would say Poole are favourites now to win this meeting.

Remember Belle Vue scrapped home against Swindon and Leicester and lost to Somerset, 3 teams worse than Poole.

It is true Belle Vue have had some surprising results at home but as someone else said Bates is hot and cold, he could score 9 or 2, Batchelor may be a better option than Zengota but Steve is right when he says he isn't as good as he was. 13 in a individual meeting doesn't mean he will get double figures tonight. Newman may have scored paid 9 last night but half of those points were gifted so he is still badly out of form, Shanes could have a good night hopefully and should beat Smith. With so many ifs and buts a very difficult one to call.

It is true Belle Vue have had some surprising results at home but as someone else said Bates is hot and cold, he could score 9 or 2, Batchelor may be a better option than Zengota but Steve is right when he says he isn't as good as he was. 13 in a individual meeting doesn't mean he will get double figures tonight. Newman may have scored paid 9 last night but half of those points were gifted so he is still badly out of form, Shanes could have a good night hopefully and should beat Smith. With so many ifs and buts a very difficult one to call.

Well put, always nice to debate with someone sensible.

I think Batch is a better option then Zengota in my opinion.

Newman was poor last night...but yet i get blasted for saying that by you know who........i hope for Kyles sake he turns it around soon

Well put, always nice to debate with someone sensible.

I think Batch is a better option then Zengota in my opinion.

Newman was poor last night...but yet i get blasted for saying that by you know who........i hope for Kyles sake he turns it around soon

Most riders are a better option than Zengota at the moment! I know he hasn't had many meetings but he has been woeful. Had one decent race at Leicester when he gated other than that rubbish. Kyle says he needs more track time but I can't think it is only that.

I see Ford is praising Hans for his commitment for riding tonight, I'd suggest as a Poole contracted rider he is just doing what he should by gracing us all with his presence once the Danish meeting was called off.

• Like 1

Again how any numpty can say Bates is a better option than Klindt knows little about the sport. Like saying Holder has had three meeting at Monmore and scored badly, and Newman three good ones so Newman guesting for Kings Lynn makes Lynn stronger.

Bates isnt in the same class as Klindt. Period. Regardless of what has been scored there recently.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I see Ford is praising Hans for his commitment for riding tonight, I'd suggest as a Poole contracted rider he is just doing what he should by gracing us all with his presence once the Danish meeting was called off.

after the kk fiasco at Easter I think it's good Matt praising Hans

Again how any numpty can say Bates is a better option than Klindt knows little about the sport. Like saying Holder has had three meeting at Monmore and scored badly, and Newman three good ones so Newman guesting for Kings Lynn makes Lynn stronger.

Bates isnt in the same class as Klindt. Period. Regardless of what has been scored there recently.

Nobody is saying he is

Just shows your lack of knowledge about the sport.

Riders go better on certain tracks thats a fact not opinion. Bates is half a point behind Klindt in the averages anyway.

Is Dan Bewley a better rider than Klindt?? Nope but he beat him both times they met at the NSS......Oops and Bates beat Bewley twice when he rode there.

I wouldnt expect Bewley to get anywhere near Klindt at Poole and on other tracks but at the NSS he is the better rider

Do you not understand that a rider is better on some tracks then others lol

Crap comparison as well Holder and Newman lol. Ones a number one and one a second string.

So your saying you would have a rider who has scored 6, 5 and 3..........over a rider who got 9 there?

Klindt has been awful at the NSS..............is it only you that cant see it? If Bates scores less than 6 from 7 rides then you can say you missed Klindt

Edited by Gavan

The inclusion of Hans will certainly put some Poole fans off travelling.

8/5 and 6/5 from his previous visits doesn't inspire confidence but this is off set by strengthening with Batchelor and Bates.

If any Poole fans are now thinking of giving it a miss, don't, the racing will be an eye opener.

I agree with Gavan!! If Bates is better than Nic there then gives us a slight advantage.

You cant compare over just three meetings and who the riders were up against? My Newman/Holder analogy is spot on. Give me Klindt over Bates at any track with the exception of Sheffield. Edited by Steve Shovlar

His commitment would have been with his Danish side had that meeting not been postponed.And once that meeting was postponed he should be made to ride at Belle Vue.If he didn't then to me it should have been no facility.You can get to GB every day of the week from most countries now within a few hours.

I agree with Gavan!! If Bates is better than Nic there then gives us a slight advantage.

Wow im honoured lol is that the first time we have agreed?

You cant compare over just three meetings and who the riders were up against? My Newman/Holder analogy is spot on. Give me Klindt over Bates at any track with the exception of Sheffield.

Yes you can compare as they both raced Dan Bewley

Nope your Holder / Newman analogy is wrong as one is a heat leader and one isnt. Newman goes well at Monmore but would i want him replacing my number one.......no. Bates is replacing a rider in the same position as him so its easy to compare.

Both Klindt and Bates are number sixes for their team.

Klindt over Bates at 99% of track i agree................but the NSS isnt one of them

Oh and are you calling Lisa a numpty????

Edited by Gavan