British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 9/6/17

Most has already been said,As soon as I knew of Pooles guests I thought it would be close, and close it was, was the deciding factor heat 15?? for me it was heat 7, Brady doubled his 2nd place to 4 pts and Dan went round the outside of Newman on bends 3/4 lap 4 for the crucial 4-4 score.

Belle Vue

Max, rode hard for his 8 points, with a crucial pass on Brady in heat 15.

Stevie. good win in heat 8, but seemed slow in his other 3 heats

Kenneth,Belle Vues rider of the night, apart from heat 9 when he totally missed the gate and seemed to struggle with pace.

Justin, 6 pts is fair value, but we could do with more round the NSS

Craig, As Shovie has already said, started well then tailed off.Heat 4 showed what a great captain and team rider he is.

Dan His gating lets him down in the top league, as he showed in heat 1, when he gets in front he is fast, very fast and imho had he gated better in his other 4 heats the score line would of been totally different.

Jack, still learning, but scored more than his average, what more can one ask.

Poole

Batch, Poole rider of the night and showed what Poole are like with a decent number 1

Holder, 6 paid 8, some good rides from Jack, I personally rate him.

Newman, some good hard rides in his last 2 heats that belied his 3 point score.

Kurzt, Bad 1st ride and last ride, decent in between.

Andersen, not the Andersen of old, but still very capable, especially when in front.

Bates, good choice of guest, and with Batch made all the difference to this result.

Shanes, was on the pace, and another 2 pt rider who didn't let himself down.

In the post match press conference, Lemo was talking about guests for our matches at Rye & Leicester this week but was bit of a struggle to hear him. Was it Brady Kurtz at Rye, Morris & Grajczonek at Leicester? Also will Bewley & Smith be available for Leicester? Thanks in advance.

How is it fair to compare Smith at his home track with Shanes away from home. He's doing what his average suggests he should do at Wimborne Road.

More to the point Klindt's injury update today doesn't sound too promising for an early return. His knee needs an op which he's decided to defer til the end of the season but needs loads of physio and strengthening if he's going to get back on a bike and be as effective as he has been.

Doesn't sound good about Klindt injury, he may need a bit of time, hopefully back soon. I think Gater1 is going way over the top about Shanes who tries hard and is usually on the pace, got a couple of vital points at Leicester and rode well at Belle Vue with little reward, maybe could have expected a point or two but it has to be remembered he is a 2 point rider so needs to be given a bit of slack.

• Like 1

Look at your gate for the next home meeting and see if you can draw a comparison. Poole get big crowds where ever we go..

Well I tell you what, at Leicester last Saturday in all the years I've been following speedway, I have NEVER seen Poole supporters in such low numbers.

If I'm honest, I cant ever recall seeing you at any away meetings

Look at your gate for the next home meeting and see if you can draw a comparison. Poole get big crowds where ever we go..

Poole rarely get many travelling fans go to away matches. As Shovvy said there was 2 last night

Well I tell you what, at Leicester last Saturday in all the years I've been following speedway, I have NEVER seen Poole supporters in such low numbers.

To be fair to Starman Poole are an attraction when they go to away matches. They just dont take visiting fans.

I have to pick and choose the Ipswich matches i go to. I went to the home match v Edinburgh the other night but i wont be going next week v Berwick.

Im sure that other fans are the same. If your team is at home and you can only go sometimes you would try and go when Poole are there rather then say Leicester.

Im sure if clubs look at their attendances they get bigger crowds when Poole are there.................not because Poole fans travel because they dont

Poole rarely get many travelling fans go to away matches. As Shovvy said there was 2 last night

To be fair to Starman Poole are an attraction when they go to away matches. They just dont take visiting fans.

I have to pick and choose the Ipswich matches i go to. I went to the home match v Edinburgh the other night but i wont be going next week v Berwick.

Im sure that other fans are the same. If your team is at home and you can only go sometimes you would try and go when Poole are there rather then say Leicester.

Im sure if clubs look at their attendances they get bigger crowds when Poole are there.................not because Poole fans travel because they dont

Off topic, hey come on, you must go v Berwick, Bridger! Was going to PM you to say ill get you a pint

Wouldn't expect many Pirates fans up here on a Friday night. Fair play to SS for making the trip up last night. Other than Wolves in the playoff final last year, no teams bring many fans to the NSS. Best away followings so far have been Brummies & Cradley for their matches against the Colts.

Off topic, hey come on, you must go v Berwick, Bridger! Was going to PM you to say ill get you a pint

lol nope. to get to a match i have to leave work early and it takes me over an hour usually in crap traffic. Then £16 to get in £2.50 for a programme, food (burger and lucozade cost me £5!!) ad in fuel and ive done £40! Plus not seeing my children and im prepared to give a few matches a miss

• Like 1

lol nope. to get to a match i have to leave work early and it takes me over an hour usually in crap traffic. Then £16 to get in £2.50 for a programme, food (burger and lucozade cost me £5!!) ad in fuel and ive done £40! Plus not seeing my children and im prepared to give a few matcheA

After Berwick my next trip to Ipswich, Newcastle, Lambert! hope to catch you then.

Not sure about the Lucozade! lol

• Like 1

Have to agree on Shanes, he was on the pace and riding the correct lines, wasn't ever tailed off. All very well calling for him to be replaced but it's pointless if there isn't a realistic alternative being suggested.

• Like 1

I get fans saying being on the pace.

However if we get to the Play-Off Final and lose by a couple of points on aggregate and Shanes failed to score in that Play-Off match then everyone would be saying what I am saying.

Being on the pace means nothing because Shanes points tally was still 0.

It's like a football match a team loses 2-0 and the commentators say they put up a good fight but at the end of the game that team got nothing out of the game because they lost 2-0

GB is right.

Its not just a question of how good Shanes is or isn't, its equally a question of who you can get to replace him and whether they are any better.

Been thinking about our team over night and I think we should all give KK a bit of time to see if he can turn it around.

There is nobody out there who could replace him IMO a poor KK is still better than Zengi at No.1

The problem is Klindt's injury. There is nobody out there on a 5.42 average who would match NK's scores.

I do think we need to snap up Przedpelski though. Seems really keen to ride in Britain. All depends on the BSPA though Przedpelski should be a 7.00 and nothing more IMO

If Klindt needs surgery (Hopefully not)

1. K. Kasprzak

2. J. Holder

3. B. Kurtz

4. P. Przedpelski (7.00)

5. H. Andersen

6. 5.11

7. J. Shanes

That line-up doesn't fit into the 42 point limit. KK would remain on 11.01 til he's done 4H/4A - unless he is reassessed by the BSPA if Poole wish to redeclare (according tp the rules) - the other 'new' averages would be JH 6.11; BK 9.00; HA 8.51; Przedpelski 7.00(?); JS 2.13 and we'd still need a 7th rider!!!

Nicolai is talking about requiring surgery on his knee but he intends to defer this til the end of the season. He is hoping that 2-3 weeks of intensive physio and muscle work will allow him to race again - BUT that's a big risk imho especially as he would be in the 1-5 by then.

ps. Also (as I keep banging on about it in Gavanesque mode), we still have to retain 2 riders who are or were eligible for the NL!!

Maybe Paul Hurry?!

pps. back to last night, with Middlo unavailable, well done to Team Manager Matt Ford!! :t::t: Excellent motivator. :wink::wink::D

Edited by Skidder1

Yep, you brought 2 according to your buddy.

Apart from at home.

shot down in flames there Starman

talk about bigging yourselves up :rofl:

• Like 1

lol nope. to get to a match i have to leave work early and it takes me over an hour usually in crap traffic. Then £16 to get in £2.50 for a programme, food (burger and lucozade cost me £5!!) ad in fuel and ive done £40! Plus not seeing my children and im prepared to give a few matches a miss

Mounts up doesn't it nowadays.

Its called cost mate. I don't have £50 plus quid to chuck around.Keep yr eyes peeled. ;) I go when i want to go, not when you or anybody else says so.

Have to agree on Shanes, he was on the pace and riding the correct lines, wasn't ever tailed off. All very well calling for him to be replaced but it's pointless if there isn't a realistic alternative being suggested.

Who's calling for his head. He scores 2 points he's done his job.

Poole fans can now see what they need which is a top quality number one.

Poole have been quite lucky recently in meeting teams at the right time and getting good guests.

Leicester , had a weakened team, Wolves were without Lindgren (balanced up by Klindt not riding), then got 2 guests who scored a lot more then the riders they were replacing at Belle Vue, still i guess that luck evens out over a season.

I suppose Belle Vue fans can take heart that if they met the current Poole 1-7 (Zengota & Klindt) then they would have won the meeting with a possible 10 point swing.

lol

if you were at full strength last night you would have got beat as there is no way Zengota and Klindt would have got the 20 points the replacements got. It was a good job you wasnt at full strength.

You rode at home against Wolves and scrapped a 2 point win when both teams had 1 rider missing that evened it up. Over 2 legs Wolves would destroy Poole.

The fact remains that the current Poole 1-7 will get in the top 4 but are not a title winning side......you are missing a number one, Newman is poor and Shanes is struggling.

Kyle will get there. he's hardly match fit. Come back in September. The patomime villan strikes again. You try riding a 500 cc bike when your half fit.

Edited by Starman2006

Whats all this nonsense about Poole fans not teavelling in numbers? Last night was unusual in that only a couple of us were there but when we ride Swindon theres a couple of hundred at Blunsdon, at Leicester theres normally around 25-30, at Rye we took over the stand in front if the tapes. When we went to Coventry we had the first bend. Theres just as many travelling Poole fans as any other club and often more.

Pleasant surprise and very nice of the Poole team to donate one of their points.

Bolstered by Batchelor & Bates I couldn't see past a Poole three pointer in fact I was 1 point off in my points prediction.

Very clever of you. We would have taken a point.

Poole fans don't travel anywhere unless they are sure to win

What an idiotic post. Over 40, thats the post of a 10 yr old.

Edited by Starman2006

Been thinking about our team over night and I think we should all give KK a bit of time to see if he can turn it around.

There is nobody out there who could replace him IMO a poor KK is still better than Zengi at No.1

The problem is Klindt's injury. There is nobody out there on a 5.42 average who would match NK's scores.

I do think we need to snap up Przedpelski though. Seems really keen to ride in Britain. All depends on the BSPA though Przedpelski should be a 7.00 and nothing more IMO

1. K. Kasprzak

2. J. Holder

3. B. Kurtz

4. P. Przedpelski (7.00)

5. H. Andersen

6. 5.11

7. J. Shanes

Are u sure that team fits under 42 points? No way prez will be a 7 under the 50 point rule

1. K. Kasprzak

2. J. Holder

3. B. Kurtz

4. P. Przedpelski (7.00)

5. H. Andersen

6. 5.11

7. J. Shanes

Are u sure that team fits under 42 points? No way prez will be a 7 under the 50 point rule

So what would he come in on then ?