British Speedway Forum

Redcar Half Team V Glasgow Strong Team

After seeing that the Bears will now have half a team out, will Promotion let me in for half price, if not I have decided to give this meeting a miss, and before any comeback from Ben 2r, REMEMBER I am a paying customer, not a fan even though I was one of the original BSG who travelled the length and breadth of the country when the Bears started up again. To any strong team Glasgow fans, the weather here is fine, unlike the Bears half team.

• Like 1

Very tough ask for the Bears tonight against a Glasgow team featuring our old top 2 plus old friend RTR. Lunna rides our track well and Bewley seems to be riding well too.

Perks is the biggest loss - having to replace him with a NL rider means the likely loss of considerable points scoring, particularly as we are also using R/R for Jonas and Ellis would have taken one of the extra rides. Typical that Perks average will change after tonight and we could have at least got a better quality of replacement

Williamson is the best possible stand in for Ayres.

Hugely frustrating that we are not able to field a full side against one of the leagues strongest teams but not the Promotions fault.

Hardly a half team. Ayres injury and perks is very unfortunate but that's speedway. If the promotion let you in for half price you might enjoy it but surely their hard work doesn't deserve losing money. Anyway I'm taking Glasgow for a point, narrow Redcar win.

As Ellis Perks is missing the meeting to represent his country commonsense would say Redcar should be allowed a guest of suitable average. As the rules dont allow this maybe the Redcar management should lobby the BSPA for an amendment to the rule for next season. Admittedly it doesnt help today and might not affect Redcar in the future but for the greater good of the sport i think it would be good.

• Like 3

Obviously frustrating to be missing Ellis, Danny and JBA in what should be our biggest challenge of the season. Williamson the strongest possible guest and fingers crossed should get a decent return. Wallinger has been doing ok for Stoke in the NL, but any points will be a bonus really. Puts the pressure on the top 4, Barker has looked almost unbeatable at times round the MPA and need him to continue his good form.

Glasgow obviously a strong team and should push us all the way - Lawson, Summers and our old friend Worrall can all score well here and Lunna is always good value. Gut feel is a narrow Glasgow win but hope I am wrong.

For any Glasgow fans travelling weather is fine - is meant to cloud over but no rain is forecast.

As Ellis Perks is missing the meeting to represent his country commonsense would say Redcar should be allowed a guest of suitable average. As the rules dont allow this maybe the Redcar management should lobby the BSPA for an amendment to the rule for next season. Admittedly it doesnt help today and might not affect Redcar in the future but for the greater good of the sport i think it would be good.

Redcar are getting a guest of suitable average, that isn't an issue.

This whole scenario comes back to the biggest cock-up BSPA have made in years which is the issuing of one set of averages for both leagues and then the, virtually unworkable, new averages after 4H & 4A - this has resulted in some teams being given an unfair advantage to strengthen, and others penalised for having the foresight to sign improving riders! Situation only looks like getting worse once Premiership get their averages and the (as yet unknown) convertor kicks in causing a clamour to grab those who started season badly.

Farcical!!!

• Like 4

After seeing that the Bears will now have half a team out, will Promotion let me in for half price, if not I have decided to give this meeting a miss, and before any comeback from Ben 2r, REMEMBER I am a paying customer, not a fan even though I was one of the original BSG who travelled the length and breadth of the country when the Bears started up again. To any strong team Glasgow fans, the weather here is fine, unlike the Bears half team.

There is a comment on this match to be found on the SGB website at

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.32417

Redcar are getting a guest of suitable average, that isn't an issue.

This whole scenario comes back to the biggest cock-up BSPA have made in years which is the issuing of one set of averages for both leagues and then the, virtually unworkable, new averages after 4H & 4A - this has resulted in some teams being given an unfair advantage to strengthen, and others penalised for having the foresight to sign improving riders! Situation only looks like getting worse once Premiership get their averages and the (as yet unknown) convertor kicks in causing a clamour to grab those who started season badly.

Farcical!!!

i'm getting confused i thought they had an NL guest for EP.

Is there anyone who actually understands the rulebook ? if so can they come to the front of the class and explain it to the thickos ie ME

Wallinger for Perks?

Apologies

I was making the point that on the current (ridiculous) rulings - Redcar get the suitable replacement ie an NL guest - I totally agree with you and others this is not a guest who will score anywhere near what Perks is capable of and hinders, if not rules out, a Redcar win, but as my posting continues - that is what the powers that be have put in place and depending on which of your riders have ridden in certain matches decides if you are lucky or unlucky!!

• Like 1

But the rule in place works both ways. If a rider is on a high average but gets an injury or has issues with his bikes, hence his average is falling, gets a decent guest rider up to his original not current average.

When i saw the title of the thread i thought Redcar had 3.5 riders missing but it is only 3.

But i sympathise wholeheartedly with the Bears, if it was us in the same position i would be less than happy also.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

What a pity that the four other riders racing tonight (Bewley @ Redcar, Lambert @ Ipswich, and Bates & Pickering @ Sheffield) who are also at the U-21 at Pocking on Saturday, were able to make arrangements to do so, but Redcar and Perks could not do likewise.

Was it a case that Glasgow, Newcastle, Sheffield & Edinburgh were prepared to offer financial and logistical support to their riders and Redcar were not?

I would imagine that Andersen's absence was known in advance, so you would expect the Bears would have explored all avenues for their on form reserve to ride today.

Even with a full Bears side, it would have been no surprise if Glasgow were to win. Now with a depleted home side, it will be a surprise if Glasgow do not win.

Surely Im not the only fan who must be a bit disappointed deep inside. Looking at the current state of redcars team, it looks like 4 points for the tigers, but where's the fun in just trampling a team? If it's at home, you look great because you've got the home track advantage and its expected. But away, against half a team? I pay to see actual racing, and even if the Diamonds and Bears are rivals, I will swallow my pride and say there can be some damn good racing at the Media Prima sometimes. It's not as satisfying if you absolutely obliterate a side 60-30 because half their side aren't there.

I'll still go, but I just wish the tigers could race against the original 1-7. Makes it mot interesting.

Edited by DiamondGlory

I don't think this is the formality some are making out or in Scotsmans case reverse psychology syndrome.

Whilst Perks is a major loss for the bears this is no gimme even without him any team with Gsrrity, Barker & Wright will always stand a chance.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Come on Paulco - I might occasionally dabble in forward psychology, but I think it's you that's at it now!!

Barker, Garrity & Wright as as likely to hit the deck as they are finish ahead of your heat leaders.

And most of your top scorers rode for Redcar at some stage didn't they?

(Well maybe RW didn't but his twin did so that's pretty much the same thing.)