British Speedway Forum

Wolves V Swindon 22nd May

Home win by at least 15 points.

That was being optimistic

You need to be more optimistic CR, but then you were not the only one .

One point is OK.

I was only hoping we could get a point but not expecting it. If Adam and David had done better earlier in the meeting who knows what we could have done.

• Like 1

Unfortunately they don't lose a point, even though Swindon gain one. Another of their stupid changes. Wolves had no reason to worry about Swindon getting within 6.

I have been up the pub but if Swindon beat Wolves to a play off place by 1 point ?.

You need to be more optimistic CR, but then you were not the only one .

One point is OK.

I was only hoping we could get a point but not expecting it. If Adam and David had done better earlier in the meeting who knows what we could have done.

Happy to be wrong but having watched our home meetings I still find it amazing that we can get points on the road.

Well done to Jason & Nick especially as usual.

• Like 1

Looks like dear old uncle Rosco could think about his future.

Personally I think it's time old man Muddlo needs to think about his future. Got a bigger beating by Wolves than Swindon did and that was before Wolves strengthened! I also remember Swindon winning at Poole!! Oh and putting his faith in KK lol , time to ship Muddlo off I reckon!

Personally I think it's time old man Muddlo needs to think about his future. Got a bigger beating by Wolves than Swindon did and that was before Wolves strengthened! I also remember Swindon winning at Poole!! Oh and putting his faith in KK lol , time to ship Muddlo off I reckon!

Thats entirely up to Neil. But i wouldn't keep KK either..

Unfortunately they don't lose a point, even though Swindon gain one. Another of their stupid changes. Wolves had no reason to worry about Swindon getting within 6.

Wolves actually gifted Swindon a league point then :o that's almost worse! In a league competition albeit a qualification system, you'd still think clubs would want to stop their competitors scoring any league points.

Sort of decision that could come back and bite Wolves on the arse later in the season.

Happy to be wrong but having watched our home meetings I still find it amazing that we can get points on the road.

Well done to Jason & Nick especially as usual.

No worries, many also thought the same, you are right though about our home performance where we should be more dominant.

Will look forward to watching the youngsters on thursday.

Even so, you don't just essentially gift a rival team a league point that could get them into the playoffs, especially to a team that has almost been dormant at home but looking good away and with possible scope to strengthen up. It would be understandable if it was a completely insipid team, like Poole...

If Adam and David had done better earlier in the meeting who knows what we could have done.

Good point for Swindon; well done to them. Doyle and Morris were very quick all night and there was just enough from the rest to gain some reward.

I'd be careful about the 'if only' line, mind. You wouldn't then have had the two points from the tactical and Lindgren would presumably have appeared in heat 15. That wouldn't be a guarantee of anything, of course (see heat 13!) but certainly would have lessened the likelihood of the 5-1 in the final race.

Even so, you don't just essentially gift a rival team a league point that could get them into the playoffs, especially to a team that has almost been dormant at home but looking good away and with possible scope to strengthen up.

My feelings entirely.

Thats entirely up to Neil. But i wouldn't keep KK either..

Not sure if you was one of them (not searching) but if I remember some Poole fans were saying KK ups his game for Poole.Never had a bad one!

Edited by Bald Bloke

So did Peter Adams drop a bollock, or did Freddie's recent lack of interest in riding heat 15's just cost Wolves a point?

No points lost by Peter Adams, Freddie Lindgren and Wolves at all.

A home win is 3 points regardless, Swindon's point will have no effect on Wolves

No points lost by Peter Adams, Freddie Lindgren and Wolves at all.

A home win is 3 points regardless, Swindon's point will have no effect on Wolves

3 for Wolves but 1 for Swindon when It could of been none?

Edited by Bald Bloke

To be fair Schlein and Thorsell both had paid ten and the Freddie / Masters combo had been 5-1'd in heat thirteen.

Agree with earlier comments though, the three home points regardless of the winning margin thing is a shocker of a rule, they should have left it how it was ie the home team loses a point if the away team gains one.

• Like 5

i have faith in KK too, i am sure he will be given time to prove he can be a matchwinner.

i have faith in KK too, i am sure he will be given time to prove he can be a matchwinner.

Most would of got rid.Is it -4 on his average.If they didn't think he would come good once the new ave's come out. I'm sure he will.

To be fair Schlein and Thorsell both had paid ten and the Freddie / Masters combo had been 5-1'd in heat thirteen.

Agree with earlier comments though, the three home points regardless of the winning margin thing is a shocker of a rule, they should have left it how it was ie the home team loses a point if the away team gains one.

It certainly is.