British Speedway Forum

Wolves V Swindon 22nd May

With Wolves riding on the crest of a wave at the moment, coupled with their massive home advantage, the Robins have a tremendous job to get anything out of their trip tonight.

Of all their recent matches this without doubt is their hardest. No team would look forward going to Monmore at the moment. and can only see one outcome.....,, Unfortunately

Looks like a comfy home win but Swindon have surprised us more than once already so would be daft to write them off completely.

This Wolves side looks very formidable,even young Greaves chipping in with points in all leagues now and Riss/Schlien being astute signings to.With Swindon i really want them to do well awkward really but in the back of our minds most Budgie fans know there has to be changes.An easy home win a massive home advantage damage limitation for the Budgies.

Big home win here i am going for 55-38 i expect Doyle to take and be successful on the tactical ride.

Im 8 miles from the track and the weather looks perfect for speedway.

If Adam can recapture hes play off form it could be a bit tighter .. Gappmaier im assuming has seen little to nothing of monmore and i dont think zach has rode there either well he hasn't in the nl for Birmingham he may of guested but with Riss and the improved greaves at reserve i expect wolves to win the battle of the reserves..

Doyle i expect to get around 16 points (with t/r inc) with morris getting 6/7 the reserves 4/5 points leaves bellago and Ellis to get around 12 points between them .Has Bellago rode Monmore either ?

So if im correct going to a red hot wolves when only 3 of your 6 riders have never seen the track before your well up against it .

Swindon really will need Adam Ellis to step up tonight to keep this tight..

Whats your thoughts guys ?

Edited by redandyellow

First timers at Monmore do tend to struggle (didn't Freddie Lindgren take a while to get to grips with the tight turns?) Personally, I like the track. Always decent racing there.

Looking at the Swindon line up, this looks a formidable task for the Robins to get anywhere near the in form Wolves.

First timers at Monmore do tend to struggle (didn't Freddie Lindgren take a while to get to grips with the tight turns?) Personally, I like the track. Always decent racing there.

Looking at the Swindon line up, this looks a formidable task for the Robins to get anywhere near the in form Wolves.

Indeed he did. At one stage he was going to give up and go to Poole. Thankfully he didn't and the rest, as they say, is history.

He was going to go to Belle Vue, Wolves wanted to do a straight swap with Simon Stead but the Aces said no. Perhaps not the best decision ever made.

I bet Freddie still regrets it every time he visits the NSS and sees what could have been.😂😂

Edited by Aces51

This Wolves side looks very formidable,even young Greaves chipping in with points in all leagues now and Riss/Schlien being astute signings to.With Swindon i really want them to do well awkward really but in the back of our minds most Budgie fans know there has to be changes.An easy home win a massive home advantage damage limitation for the Budgies.

Seriously Greaves scoring points. You wouldn't be saying that if was riding for the Robins. His season average based on this season is a point lower than the Budgies reserves.

Robins will be relying on Doyle Morris & Bellego again but it's difficult to see the others chipping in with much & that's no disrespect to our reserves. Zack is still learning his trade at this level & Dany G may well never have seen the track before let alone ride it. That leaves a lot of pressure on Ellis & I suspect he has enough of that already given his disappointing form so far. Really hope he can turn it around. Good luck Budgies, safe meeting for all.

• Like 1

He was going to go to Belle Vue, Wolves wanted to do a straight swap with Simon Stead but the Aces said no. Perhaps not the best decision ever made.

I bet Freddie still regrets it every time he visits the NSS and sees what could have been.

Probably not when he looks at his trophy cabinet

• Like 1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number.

Thanks

Seriously Greaves scoring points. You wouldn't be saying that if was riding for the Robins. His season average based on this season is a point lower than the Budgies reserves.

When comparing Greaves with our reserve Josh Bailey, he is a seasoned rider of some repute. No doubt we would agree to a swap if your dislike is that much..... :t:

I bet Freddie still regrets it every time he visits the NSS and sees what could have been.

Ahh, I remember that now, but Poole were definitely sniffing around.