British Speedway Forum

Glasgow V Redcar , Championship Sat 13th May 2017 At 7pm

The track covers will have kept the racing surface in good nick.

Don't get the Berwick fans started they let all and sundry know about track covers.

To be fair to them they have a valid point on something like today were it has rained all day but is forecast to stop soon.

Oh well , is it or isn't it ? Still a bit on the wet side in Paisley , but as there's nothing definitive coming from the track , suppose I better just trust it's on .

It has been raining non stop since early this morning, this needs to be called soon as i can see no way this can be on and if by some miracle they do what kind of state will the track be in.

Even more pictures posted on Tigers discussion page - pictures v scepticism - you decide but I'm going :D

Don"t get me wrong im still going but it has been torrential at times and non stop so it is understandable.

Pretty lacklustre affair until the last few heats when a bit of needle crept in. Garrity had a wild lunge wide without looking over his shoulder off the second bend in ht11 almost wiping out Perry who he never looked to see was there. Its easy to see his absolute disregard for other riders has rightly earned him the rep of a pr1ck.

Summers took care of Garrity in ht13 though things warmed up in ht14. Jonas B Andersens move to run wide off gate 1 and block Lawsons run round the outside was mis-timed rather malicious IMO. It sent RL into a wobble off the fence and forced him to the back though he worked his way through the pack in a bit of a rage and almost got Andersen. In the ensuing words in the pits Barker was in amongst it for no apparent reason and this seemed to fire him up for ht15 when he went under Summers off the second bend and firmly shut the door to win in a great heat. If only he'd shown the same desire last year!

Pretty lacklustre affair until the last few heats when a bit of needle crept in. Garrity had a wild lunge wide without looking over his shoulder off the second bend in ht11 almost wiping out Perry who he never looked to see was there. Its easy to see his absolute disregard for other riders has rightly earned him the rep of a pr1ck.

Summers took care of Garrity in ht13 though things warmed up in ht14. Jonas B Andersens move to run wide off gate 1 and block Lawsons run round the outside was mis-timed rather malicious IMO. It sent RL into a wobble off the fence and forced him to the back though he worked his way through the pack in a bit of a rage and almost got Andersen. In the ensuing words in the pits Barker was in amongst it for no apparent reason and this seemed to fire him up for ht15 when he went under Summers off the second bend and firmly shut the door to win in a great heat. If only he'd shown the same desire last year!

Exactly what someone said to me at the time but you have to hand it to Ben he is certainly worth the admission money .