British Speedway Forum

The Future Bright...

yep ,young kids at all costs , never mind lads who have been around for a while learning their craft and waiting for their shot , if it's 15 give it a team place ,great policy will see the sport move forward dramatically , I saw a couple of kids riding battery op motorbikes last week , I told their dads , Get in touch with Vatcher he will have them signed up to a team before their 6th birthday, lets have a national league full of kids whose only qualification is being under 16 , the crowds will flock in .................

Bitterness isn't becoming. ;-)

Correct. At least it's not just the Australians fault anymore, now it's young kids.

There are always exceptions. IOW is a bit isolated and we already have a thread running about affordable ways to actually get there. Personally, I wouldn't visit Lakeside if it were free and it wasn't exactly well supported when in the Elite League, not that I wish the club any ill, I just dislike the track.

Lakeside was the fourth best supported EL club until the traffic problems of 2016.

I see 'confused of Manchester' is still at it. One minute he is trying to decry the efforts asking when was the last time we produced a GP winner, and now saying he just wants to see Brits in his team. By his own admissions on here, he never used to pay to get into BV in the days of the Speedway Mail, and has repeatedly said he wouldn't go and watch speedway now even if they gave him a free lifelong pass.

Move on.

It makes you wonder what his agenda is. He admits he never goes, and is never likely to go again, but just likes to sit on the sidelines trying to put the boot in.

Lakeside was the fourth best supported EL club until the traffic problems of 2016. It makes you wonder what his agenda is. He admits he never goes, and is never likely to go again, but just likes to sit on the sidelines trying to put the boot in.

As no attendance figures are released by clubs, I would be dubious of such a claim.

yep ,young kids at all costs , never mind lads who have been around for a while learning their craft and waiting for their shot , if it's 15 give it a team place ,great policy will see the sport move forward dramatically , I saw a couple of kids riding battery op motorbikes last week , I told their dads , Get in touch with Vatcher he will have them signed up to a team before their 6th birthday, lets have a national league full of kids whose only qualification is being under 16 , the crowds will flock in .................

Think I'm beginning to understand the reasons you keep having issues with your neighbours.

• Like 1

Recent attendances I have seen mentioned elsewhere on the BSF in other threads have been 250 for Lakeside Hammers v Belle Vue Colts and 350 for last week's meeting at Isle of Wight.

There goes another poster who never attends but still latches onto a bit of unsubstatiated BSF gossip to put the boot in.

The figure of 250 for Lakeside -v- Belle Vue last Friday was someone's guesstimate . Someone else guessed 350. The point you chose to ignore was that several posters on here correctly pointed out that it was one of the coldest nights they could remember and it clashed with a West Ham game on TV which woukd invariably hit the crowd.

By comparison the lowest ever EL attendance was 400 for a match against Wolves on a cold wet night that was being broadcast on Sky anyway , the point being that you can't take the rock bottom attendance figure and suggest it is the norm. The crowd for the local derby against the old enemy Eastbourne on Good Friday looked to be to bigger than a lot of EL meetiings but the season opener against Eastbourne has always traditionally pulled a good crowd. That's the way it works, the meetings with big crowds subsidise the small crowds.

As no attendance figures are released by clubs, I would be dubious of such a claim.

You are not in a position to dispute it.

• Like 1

There goes another poster who never attends but still latches onto a bit of unsubstatiated BSF gossip to put the boot in.

The figure of 250 for Lakeside -v- Belle Vue last Friday was someone's guesstimate . Someone else guessed 350. The point you chose to ignore was that several posters on here correctly pointed out that it was one of the coldest nights they could remember and it clashed with a West Ham game on TV which woukd invariably hit the crowd.

By comparison the lowest ever EL attendance was 400 for a match against Wolves on a cold wet night that was being broadcast on Sky anyway , the point being that you can't take the rock bottom attendance figure and suggest it is the norm. The crowd for the local derby against the old enemy Eastbourne on Good Friday looked to be to bigger than a lot of EL meetiings but the season opener against Eastbourne has always traditionally pulled a good crowd. That's the way it works, the meetings with big crowds subsidise the small crowds.

You are not in a position to dispute it.

I don't need to, the onus is on proof.

It makes you wonder what his agenda is. He admits he never goes, and is never likely to go again, but just likes to sit on the sidelines trying to put the boot in.

You cheeky so-and-so. I have no agenda. I was not the person who made speedway slump from the second most watched summer sport to what it is now.

It isn't even the second most watched summer sport in our house!

I think I understand your frustration.

It used to be wobbly foreign learners getting a team place, 'whose only qualification' was being foreign. I've always banged on about giving British riders preference but until the draft that seemed to fall on deaf ears, several teams regularly didn't have a single British rider despite all those sat on the sidelines having learnt their craft.

Totally agree all British kids should get preference great that Belle Vue did it and they have Bickley still as well and Ipswich who give Hume and Mountain there chance Vision that's all that is needed not short termism. Edited by Sidney the robin

Lakeside have published attendance figures in the programme notes. Not every week but from time to time. Cook has also given information at fans forums, including some details of losses in the 5 meetings last year when attendances were affected by traffic congestion on Dartford Bridge, and the relative cost of running an NL meeting as opposed to PL.

Historically the clubs pulling in the biggest crowds at Lakeside have invariably been Eastbourne Coventry and Poole in that order. With both Eastbourne and Coventry now gone, and no Darcy Ward at Poole even Diane Abbott could see how overall income would be hit.

Lakeside have published attendance figures in the programme notes. Not every week but from time to time. Cook has also given information at fans forums, including some details of losses in the 5 meetings last year when attendances were affected by traffic congestion on Dartford Bridge, and the relative cost of running an NL meeting as opposed to PL.

Historically the clubs pulling in the biggest crowds at Lakeside have invariably been Eastbourne Coventry and Poole in that order. With both Eastbourne and Coventry now gone, and no Darcy Ward at Poole even Diane Abbott could see how overall income would be hit.

That doesn't prove that Lakeside were the fourth highest attended club, which was the original point under discussion .

You cheeky so-and-so. I have no agenda. I was not the person who made speedway slump from the second most watched summer sport to what it is now.

It isn't even the second most watched summer sport in our house!

Aye, but you never contributed by paying to get in either. Another freeloader all his speedway life.

• Like 1

Aye, but you never contributed by paying to get in either. Another freeloader all his speedway life.

Freeloader, scrounger... tell it to my savings account.

If I contributed something to Belle Vue, spent my time doing so, my own material... why is this freeloading?

Move on...

Edited by moxey63

I don't think so. :o:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Totally agree all British kids should get preference great that Belle Vue did it and they have Bickley still as well and Ipswich who give Hume and Mountain there chance Vision that's all that is needed not short termism.

Bickley had more than proved himself in other competition as a very capable prospect , Lets perhaps not mention the ones who are qualified by nothing more than their age ,and currently wiping out other riders left right and centre

Bickley had more than proved himself in other competition as a very capable prospect , Lets perhaps not mention the ones who are qualified by nothing more than their age ,and currently wiping out other riders left right and centre

Speedi how many young riders like Bickley who have a big reputation but have failed over the years ? quite alot.The crop that are coming through now look the best we have had for a few years something must be working credit to Mr Vatcher on that.Jenkins,Hume,JBP, Bewley,Brennan, those five i am pretty confident will at the worst scenario make good Championship riders.

Speedi how many young riders like Bickley who have a big reputation but have failed over the years ? quite alot.The crop that are coming through now look the best we have had for a few years something must be working credit to Mr Vatcher on that.Jenkins,Hume,JBP, Bewley,Brennan, those five i am pretty confident will at the worst scenario make good Championship riders.

Im not sure I would heap praise on vatcher for JPB , Bewley Brennan , all came from nowhere almost championship ready Bewley for 1 hadn't sat on a speedway bike until the winter of 2015 so how vatcher had any influence on him I fail to see . Hume and Jenkins I have no knowledge of ,however I wouldn't be 1 bit surprised that you have upset someone by attributing their success to Vatcher

Im not sure I would heap praise on vatcher for JPB , Bewley Brennan , all came from nowhere almost championship ready Bewley for 1 hadn't sat on a speedway bike until the winter of 2015 so how vatcher had any influence on him I fail to see . Hume and Jenkins I have no knowledge of ,however I wouldn't be 1 bit surprised that you have upset someone by attributing their success to Vatcher

Vatcher for me is a very decent man, and i would imagine he would get instant respect and his nice manor would rub off on some of the young lads.Also have they now got a fitness regime set up which helps on the mental side and diet of the riders.?

Vatcher for me is a very decent man, and i would imagine he would get instant respect and his nice manor would rub off on some of the young lads.Also have they now got a fitness regime set up which helps on the mental side and diet of the riders.?

I have no doubt he is a very nice man , so am I , but you wouldn't make claims for me bringing on JPB ,Bewley or Brennan , I wouldn't expect you to ,since i had zero to do with them , I have no doubt that in the future there will be riders who you could claim are in the bigtime because of Vatchers influence but at the moment those riders are about 12 years old , and with obsessive policies such as his , there's always riders like Bewley , Matt Williamson , Lee Payne ,riders who converted from MX who would get overlooked in favour of the current vogue of 15 year olds

who are they ?