British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Rye House Rockets 10/5/17

Yep we normally get ours from Edinburgh but its not avaliable. Somerset have the same problem

Yep, that's where ours used to come from

Yep, that's where ours used to come from

Best stuff you can buy, by a mile. But atm its unavaliable.

In-between is fine but i don't think Poole have the right equipment to deal with a grippy track. Well they never seem to be able to sort it out anyway. Chris Holder always said Poole was better slick.

Ah. Now if you're saying the Poole riders can't cope with loads of shale, I can start to understand where you're coming from.

Do I have sympathy for that point of view? Well that's something different. As a Coventry fan I am hardly in a position to criticise too much. We suffered many years of too little shale. But as a speedway fan, do I like slicks tracks? No.

• Like 1

Ah. Now if you're saying the Poole riders can't cope with loads of shale, I can start to understand where you're coming from.

Do I have sympathy for that point of view? Well that's something different. As a Coventry fan I am hardly in a position to criticise too much. We suffered many years of too little shale. But as a speedway fan, do I like slicks tracks? No.

I don't thing its the riders who don't like plenty of dirt,it's the bikes imho.In the good old days (80's) the bikes put out about 60bhp at maybe 11,000 rpm.Now they are around 74 and rev to about 13,500 rpm.Which is huge revs for a 500cc single 4 stroke engine.

The higher peak power the engines put out at higher revs the more the power dies off when the hit a lot of dirt,which launches them towards the fence.Thing is everyone looks for power.If they did say a 600 cc but limited the power to 70bhp at around 11,000rpm I think they would power through the dirt instead of loosing revs,gripping to hard and straightening up.Just my humble opinion.

• Like 2

Not correct.

We have put an order in at my club.

So we cannot get it, Somerset can't get it. but you can, I think you are some wind up merchant.... :icon_smile_clown:;)

Edited by Starman2006

So we cannot get it, Somerset can't get it. but you can, I think you are some wind up merchant.... :icon_smile_clown:;)

Yes we can.

There is no need to make stuff up.

A lot order from Leicester as well.

Wolves got their shale from Leicester.

Yes we can.

There is no need to make stuff up.

A lot order from Leicester as well.

Wolves got their shale from Leicester.

I think you are making things up as you go along like most stuff you put up on here.

Edited by Starman2006

Think Somersets is actually on order.

If the place is under water mate, they won't be getting it anytime soon.

Thought it was under water in March not now but am happy to be corrected.

Sent you a message mate..

• Like 1

I have nothing to prove to you.

I've seen the order and was asked to find a contact number.

Now, go and make more stuff up.

Work for the club do you ? How much was ordered then ?

Work for the club do you ? How much was ordered then ?

You don't pay too much attention do you.

I'm heavily involved with a cycle speedway club and we have 30 ton on order.

Nothing compared to what speedway order.

I'm assuming that answers your question.

Like I said a nit picker. How come you haven't quoted Skidders post? Because he agreed with me? Oh dear doesn't fit your agenda? Lol!

You are one very strange person. Clearly you haven't been to Wimborne Road before this week. Everyone, myself included, has been moaning about the dust in previous meetings. But this week the problem was virtually eradicated until the last few heats.

:rofl::rofl: :rofl: You continue to speak for the whole Poole speedway fan base when it's only YOUR opinion. Dust started after heat 4 as you've been told time and time again. Just accept it and move on.

One very strange person who never shows there face. Just sits behind an ipad laptop or computer and bleats..

How should I show my face? A very strange comment by quite frankly the strangest person on this forum. I was at Poole last Weds and stood in my usual spot between (the very dusty - no matter what SS says!) bends 1 and 2. You and anyone else is welcome to seek me out...but then again all I do is sit behind an ipad and laptop! :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

The irony coming from the person who posts the most inane,pathetic drivel on the bsf do you ever read back the garbage you post?

Spot on! :t:

Your loss, as we get very good racing at Poole. Take a look at the heats on Youtube.

I have said on several occassions this season the dust has been bad. Its not a case of not enough dirt, theres plenty down. Its the lack of watering that has been the issue. At least on Wednessday they got it much better with dust only noticeable in the final few heats.

I still think they should get the bowser out during the meeting and not just accept what the riders are dictating. But then we risk losing our home advantage so its a balancing act.

Do you think that the more times you type that the more it will become real? :rofl:

Going back to the to weds night when nick Morris was excluded from heat 13,was he just excluded from that race or the meeting. Because I thought he deserved heat 15 as he only had 3 race's ?

Poole had already won the meeting so Neil decided to give the younger Poole riders a go as it's a chance for extra cash etc. Morris isn't a Poole rider so I guess he felt our own riders deserved that chance bearing in mind we didn't need points.

Obviously i wasnt at Poole .....................but its always the same person (Shovlar) saying something completely different to any other fan. Then along comes his lapdog (Starman) to try and back him up.

Do Poole fans honestly take these 2 guys seriously??

I do love the (totally biased) match reports.................loved the fact that after the Swindon match he apparently wrote a report but he deleted it by accident lol

Obviously i wasnt at Poole .....................but its always the same person (Shovlar) saying something completely different to any other fan. Then along comes his lapdog (Starman) to try and back him up.

Do Poole fans honestly take these 2 guys seriously??

I do love the (totally biased) match reports.................loved the fact that after the Swindon match he apparently wrote a report but he deleted it by accident lol

NO! :t:

• Like 2