British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Rye House Rockets 10/5/17

The irony coming from the person who posts the most inane,pathetic drivel on the bsf do you ever read back the garbage you post?

Do you ever think about what you write ? Clearly not. Now go jump all over Steve and Skidders posts...

Edited by Starman2006

It's interesting isn't it? Having just posted on the Coventry thread that we could run on a Sunday afternoon to do without floodlights, I am reminded why afternoon meetings are unpopular. It has always proved difficult to control the dust throughout an afternoon meeting especially on hot sunny days.

But 15 heats on a cool, balmy evening. It's acceptable for the last 4 heats to shower the fans who "sit in the wrong place" with dust? Err no. Put down some shale, water it properly and grade it in a way that truly brings the shale back onto the racing line. And on the weeks when you don't add shale, don't complain about blue line comments.

You have one the best stadiums in the country. Why spoil it with a badger's arse?

• Like 2

It's interesting isn't it? Having just posted on the Coventry thread that we could run on a Sunday afternoon to do without floodlights, I am reminded why afternoon meetings are unpopular. It has always proved difficult to control the dust throughout an afternoon meeting especially on hot sunny days.

But 15 heats on a cool, balmy evening. It's acceptable for the last 4 heats to shower the fans who "sit in the wrong place" with dust? Err no. Put down some shale, water it properly and grade it in a way that truly brings the shale back onto the racing line. And on the weeks when you don't add shale, don't complain about blue line comments.

You have one the best stadiums in the country. Why spoil it with a badger's arse?

It always has and always been a problem at Poole (in my opinion) -- NOT ENOUGH SHALE! Poole is a beautiful place to visit and I tend to choose 'holidays' in areas where I can incorporate a decent speedway meeting. I have spent a holiday in Poole for this very reason but 3 times bitten and I refuse to spend my money at the Poole track again. I look forward to S.Shovlars reply

Your loss, as we get very good racing at Poole. Take a look at the heats on Youtube.

I have said on several occassions this season the dust has been bad. Its not a case of not enough dirt, theres plenty down. Its the lack of watering that has been the issue. At least on Wednessday they got it much better with dust only noticeable in the final few heats.

I still think they should get the bowser out during the meeting and not just accept what the riders are dictating. But then we risk losing our home advantage so its a balancing act.

.... But then we risk losing our home advantage so its a balancing act.

Heaven forbid you produce a fair racing surface!

Your loss, as we get very good racing at Poole. Take a look at the heats on Youtube.

I have said on several occassions this season the dust has been bad. Its not a case of not enough dirt, theres plenty down. Its the lack of watering that has been the issue. At least on Wednessday they got it much better with dust only noticeable in the final few heats.

I still think they should get the bowser out during the meeting and not just accept what the riders are dictating. But then we risk losing our home advantage so its a balancing act.

YouTube will always provide good racing shoots at many tracks. I do take on board your comments about the dust but Poole does ''own'' the blue groove reputation and that does not provide the most entertaining racing.

• Like 1

Poole will always be a slick track. It can't cope with a load of dirt on the track!

What does that mean? It can't cope?

I'm genuinely interested. As I've said elsewhere, at the recent Coventry match there was a fair bit of shale on the track. 7 days later we had a barrage of complaints about the slick track for the U21s.

This is a fixable problem.

• Like 1

Poole will always be a slick track. It can't cope with a load of dirt on the track!

what???

a track cant cope with dirt?? Please enlighten me how this is possible.

Plus there is somewhere in between no dirt and loads of dirt

• Like 2

what???

a track cant cope with dirt?? Please enlighten me how this is possible.

Plus there is somewhere in between no dirt and loads of dirt

In-between is fine but i don't think Poole have the right equipment to deal with a grippy track. Well they never seem to be able to sort it out anyway. Chris Holder always said Poole was better slick.

Its not just at Poole though is it? Complaints about the amount/type of shale are rife at Kings Lynn, Somerset, Rye House........

Rye House are trying out a different shale as the usual stuff was unavailable. Was used for the first time in the last home meeting. Initial reports were favourable

Rye House are trying out a different shale as the usual stuff was unavailable. Was used for the first time in the last home meeting. Initial reports were favourable

Yep we normally get ours from Edinburgh but its not avaliable. Somerset have the same problem

Edited by Starman2006